Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mid-Season Mock by DirtyJersey9ers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Mid-Season Mock by DirtyJersey9ers Reply with quote

Ok so I only have one scenario in play here.

Trading up to before Detroit and New England in round 1(1st rounder plus 4th rounder for San Diego's pick)
Also 3rd round comp for Dashon

3 round mock:

1(from SD): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
2a: Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
2b: Quandre Diggs, CB/KR, Texas
3a: Michael Sam, DE/OLB, Ole Miss
3b: Devin Street, WR, Pitt
3c: Pierre Desir, CB, Linwood

I know it is WR/CB heavy in rounds 1-3 but we have a ton of FAs at both positions next season. Plus Diggs is a KR too which we need badly.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally if we were going to trade up for a player in the 1st I'd want it to be for Purifoy. He has good size, speed, and instincts. He could battle with whoever we have at CB next year, which could be Brown, Cully, Wright, and Brock
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
Personally if we were going to trade up for a player I'd want it to be for Purifoy. He has good size, speed, and instincts. He could battle with whoever we have at CB next year, which could be Brown, Cully, Wright, and Brock

I put WR as the more pressing need in this mock than CB due to the fact that Crabtree is also an impending FA after 2014.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:
Personally if we were going to trade up for a player I'd want it to be for Purifoy. He has good size, speed, and instincts. He could battle with whoever we have at CB next year, which could be Brown, Cully, Wright, and Brock

I put WR as the more pressing need in this mock than CB due to the fact that Crabtree is also an impending FA after 2014.

Good point.. and Boldin, MM, and Baldwin will also be FA this upcoming this season

It's just that and I hate talking about it, but the whole Marcus Cooper 'thing' has really been getting to me as of late given his exceptional play lately especially for when he was drafted Brick wall Brick wall .. I just need something, someone to replace him
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Mid-Season Mock by DirtyJersey9ers Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Ok so I only have one scenario in play here.

Trading up to before Detroit and New England in round 1(1st rounder plus 4th rounder for San Diego's pick)
Also 3rd round comp for Dashon

3 round mock:

1(from SD): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
2a: Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
2b: Quandre Diggs, CB/KR, Texas
3a: Michael Sam, DE/OLB, Ole Miss
3b: Devin Street, WR, Pitt
3c: Pierre Desir, CB, Linwood

I know it is WR/CB heavy in rounds 1-3 but we have a ton of FAs at both positions next season. Plus Diggs is a KR too which we need badly.

I love Matthews, definitely one of my favorite wide receivers in this draft, if not my favorite. However, he is a lot like Boldin/Crabtree/Patton, I don't know that his best game would be as a vertical threat, which is what this team badly lacks. It'll be interesting to see, if we do in fact go wide receiver in round one and he's available, if we choose him or a faster more vertical guy. It would actually tell me a lot about what Baalke is looking for in a wide receiver; if he likes those route technician types who aren't really deep threats but work the outs and middle of the field exceedingly well.

Cannot say I'm a huge fan of Jackson in the second, since our guard spots are still settled for at least one more year. We could use some depth there, but effective guards, especially for depth, can be found later in the draft. I feel like we have other needs that could be addressed here; cornerback (Kyle Fuller has good size, personal draft crush), safety of the future to take over for Whitner, or even more d-line help, especially at the defensive tackle/nose tackle position where we could use someone with a higher upside and perhaps upgrade the overall talent we have there over Dorsey/Dial/Williams. If we are going to work on the interior of the line here, I'd prefer to grab Stork, the center from Florida State. We will have an opening on the line there next year, so he has an opportunity to battle it out with Kilgore and be a starter right away.

Same goes for Diggs; I think the second is high for him right now. I haven't gotten to watch him a ton, but he's struggled some this year, though that could be from his nagging injuries (something else that won't help his draft stock). He seems extremely fluid in the hips, and does posses some truly natural cover skills, but the other issue is his height; he's only 5'10", and I don't think Baalke will look very hard in his direction. I think Baalke wants bigger, more physical corners a'la Seattle. His combine measurements will be super important if he wants to play on the outside.

I'm guessing that the Michael Sam is the one that plays for Mizzou and not one that plays for Ole Miss Laughing . I like this pick; especially given the success Mizzou has had in putting front seven guys in the NFL. I do worry about his size/speed combination a little as he may be one of those true tweener guys who does't have the speed to stand up in the NFL and is to small to go down. Seems like his true position is going to be OLB though in the NFL. He's been an absolute beast this year and I love the productivity. I'd be ecstatic if we got him here, though if he keeps it up, given his positional value, he may find himself getting drafted much earlier.

I'll be honest in that I know absolutely nothing about Desir, so can't really comment on that.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davante Adams in the 1st round!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: