Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 9 at Dolphins (3-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Bengals
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Dolphins
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
My fantasy football team
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

carolinapacker1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Lewis should have been fired on the spot for not trying the 56 yard FG with like 6-7 minutes left.

So instead of a 50-50 shot to win, you punt it 20 yards.........not to mention a tie is fairly worthless.

57-58 yarder is a little more like it but yeah. I don't think that was nearly as big of a mistake as the one he made on the previous one, because if Nuge had missed a 58 yarder, he woulda been called out as being foolish for trying something so reckless to give the fins good field position. Where I think he went a bit wrong, and this is only hindsight 20/40 on my part, but I think he shoulda ran the ball on the 3rd down right before Nugent booted the 54 yarder through, or called a real short high percentage pass. IMO, BGJE probably would've picked up at least 2-3 maybe 5 yards on that play which not only would've ensured they were in Nugent range but it would've forced the fins to call timeout, which because they called a deep pass on that play ended up being saved for Miami. That timeout in their pocket ended up being huge for them on the final drive of regulation. Both teams left plays out there on the field no doubt, but those are things you gotta keep in mind when you're a coach.
Judson49

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Oh yeah, and that Jones TD that was called back was a horrid call.........leading to a pick 6 shortly to follow.

What a stupid game to watch for 100 reasons. These thursday games are terrible in every way. Even the refs aren't ready.

Absolutely agree 100% on the phantom holding call. That said the Offensive PI on Hartline was absurd and the failure to call Defensive PI when (I believe) Jones later went through Hartline was woeful.

Besides, having been Patriot-ed by the officials last week we were due one!
BathBengal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a bit depressed by that loss and adding insult to injury (by means of injury) we've lost Geno as well.

Dalton will get more blame than he deserves, he had a poor game but the offence let the side down. Sanu and Green dropping easy passes, no clean pocket and only 2 drives worth of effective running. I think the Dolphins D played really well in coverage and just didn't allow Dalton many easy completions. 1 pick was completely on Sanu the other 2 were Dalton making a right read and a bad throw. Both were good picks to be fair but Dalton had to hit the outside shoulder. I don't think Jay is to blame at all really, it was poor execution from the players rather than bad play calling. Maybe not giving the ball to Gio enough was bad but is it possible Gio already had a rib injury that he could play through but not too much?

The D weren't lights out but really improved in the second half and still didn't give up much points. Tannehill stepped up when he needed to and the Dolphins ran the ball well.

Dolphins deserved it, Bengals should have won it though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Oh yeah, and that Jones TD that was called back was a horrid call.........leading to a pick 6 shortly to follow.

Just watched that 'non-touchdown' a couple of times over, now I've calmed down. and I just don't see how Gresham gets a ticket for that one.

Pivotal call. I reckon if that stands, we win. I mean you see that sort of stuff on just about every play not get called.

Just a straight up lousy call
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After losing this game, the initial reaction on everyone is that this team is done. Losing the game is not nearly as bad as losing Atkins for the season. Don't forget the Dolphins were able to beat the Colts already this season, so the Dolphins weren't exactly pushovers.

Should the Bengals of won the game? Yes. But its hard to overcome when you are without some key players. Problem is, now they gotta figure out how to overcome it.

You got the Ravens and Browns in the next 2 weeks, 2 teams that have owned the Bengals recently. Dalton still has yet to beaten the Ravens in a real match, the one late in the 2012 season doesn't count. Browns have a 2 game winning streak on the Bengals and are looking to sweep them for the first time since 2002. Thats alot of pressure coming up.

The Bengals still have a big lead on the division, but that all could get erased in a matter of 2 weeks if this team doesn't overcome the losses.
duke2056

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judson49 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

What a stupid game to watch for 100 reasons. These thursday games are terrible in every way. Even the refs aren't ready.

Absolutely agree 100% on the phantom holding call. That said the Offensive PI on Hartline was absurd and the failure to call Defensive PI when (I believe) Jones later went through Hartline was woeful.

How bout the BLATANT helmet to helmet shot on the last interception. How in the hell is that not called???

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Judson49 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

How bout the BLATANT helmet to helmet shot on the last interception. How in the hell is that not called???

I agree with this 100% and am unsure why you were the first to point it out here. The hold against Gresham was horrid as well.

I'm not getting into the safety/not argument. I thought Dalton was outside the endzone when Wake made first contact. The big-media protecting men in stripes obviously disagreed
futbudds

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Judson49 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

They made bad calls for both teams. The refs looked as bad as the teams on Thursdays. It's not as bad as the ncaa but there is no uniformity on head to head and defensless receiver flags. I do believed if mo hadn't bobbled it they would've flagged it for Helmet to helmet.

I agree with this 100% and am unsure why you were the first to point it out here. The hold against Gresham was horrid as well.

I'm not getting into the safety/not argument. I thought Dalton was outside the endzone when Wake made first contact. The big-media protecting men in stripes obviously disagreed
duke2056

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Judson49 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

They made bad calls for both teams. The refs looked as bad as the teams on Thursdays. It's not as bad as the ncaa but there is no uniformity on head to head and defensless receiver flags. I do believed if mo hadn't bobbled it they would've flagged it for Helmet to helmet.

Making questionable calls for both sides happens.................but the phantom holding call and the non helmet to helmet call were absolute ridiculous GAME CHANGING calls/non calls that severely changed the outcome of the game.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. And since you live in a smaller media market, you probably get to see it week in and week out too.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My takeaways from the most frustrating game of the year.

1. Bad officiating, but they blew calls both ways.

2. Dalton was bad. The 3rd interception was no his fault, but the first 2 were at least a 20 point swing in the game.

3. WAY too many drops. Probably the worst game of the year for the receiving corps as a whole.

4. TERRIBLE play calls. Why Dalton threw 53 times when he was obviously off all game is beyond me. Throw in the fact that we averaged 6 yards a run against Miami and he STILL threw 53 times is baffling. Then we throw the ball on 3rd and 1 despite averaging 6 yards a carry. The fade call to Sanu on 3rd and 5 made no sense. He is the worst receiver on the team and probably the last person who should be given the throw in that situation. WHY CALL A 7 STEP DROP FROM YOUR OWN 5 YARD LINE? Who the F*** does that? Seriously?

5. Losing Geno is going to be huge. I think he is the best DT in the NFL. I don't think losing any other player outside of AJ would have the impact that losing Geno is going to have on us. Hopefully Still and Thompson can step up, but they won't be anywhere close to Geno.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: