Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is there a chance we scrap the entire regime after this year

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
falcons145


Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Is there a chance we scrap the entire regime after this year Reply with quote

At first it seemed silly, but I realized Arthur Blank is a pretty strict owner. Mora was fired after a 7-9 year (not TOO bad) 2 years after a championship appearence, and Reeves was fired after a season where they were only bad cause they lost Vick. It's starting to seem like we may start over staff-wise after this year. We'd keep Matt of course, I'm just saying TD, Smith, and the coordinators
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1803
Location: GA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope so. TD can get the first ticket outta here. I'm done with him and his inability to draft correctly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4134
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Smart regimes don't work that way.
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4441
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mike Smith is more on the hot seat than TD. Whether or not that is fair is objective. TD may get a pass because of the injuries but the way the team is looking falls on Mike Smith. If they were losing close games then that would be one thing but this team has regressed game by game. They can't score in the redzone and they are not disciplined at all. Just seems like Smith has no idea what he's doing at times.

But realistically I doubt AB scraps the whole thing. Maybe a couple of people will be trashed but I think the core of this regime will be given another year.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire regime? no.

The strength coaches again? probably.
Some position coaches? probably 1-2 are added with a QB coach (Musgrave back) and DE/pass rush coach
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4441
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
The entire regime? no.

The strength coaches again? probably.
Some position coaches? probably 1-2 are added with a QB coach (Musgrave back) and DE/pass rush coach


If the Falcons go 2-14 or 3-13 I think someone IMPORTANT (Smith, Nolan, Kotter or a combination) is gonna get wacked. You can't have that huge of letdown after you were penciled in as "Super Bowl or bust" contenders. AB's facial expression on the sidelines told the best story of the weekend. Maybe someone can find a gif of it but it said something to the degree of "Someone is going to to pay for this".
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falcons145


Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
I sure hope so. TD can get the first ticket outta here. I'm done with him and his inability to draft correctly.


All the picks he's lost from the trades and stuff have left us with no depth, I agree. You can't have a championship team without deptj
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
haggis


Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 1489
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a chance we scrap the entire regime after this Reply with quote

falcons145 wrote:
At first it seemed silly, but I realized Arthur Blank is a pretty strict owner. Mora was fired after a 7-9 year (not TOO bad) 2 years after a championship appearence, and Reeves was fired after a season where they were only bad cause they lost Vick. It's starting to seem like we may start over staff-wise after this year. We'd keep Matt of course, I'm just saying TD, Smith, and the coordinators


no..only reason they are doing bad is numerous injuries to their marquee players..

any team loses 2 pro bowl WR and pro bowl RB early cannot expect to do much...that is a lot to overcome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falcons145


Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a chance we scrap the entire regime after this Reply with quote

haggis wrote:
falcons145 wrote:
At first it seemed silly, but I realized Arthur Blank is a pretty strict owner. Mora was fired after a 7-9 year (not TOO bad) 2 years after a championship appearence, and Reeves was fired after a season where they were only bad cause they lost Vick. It's starting to seem like we may start over staff-wise after this year. We'd keep Matt of course, I'm just saying TD, Smith, and the coordinators


no..only reason they are doing bad is numerous injuries to their marquee players..

any team loses 2 pro bowl WR and pro bowl RB early cannot expect to do much...that is a lot to overcome


We've been lucky the past few years with injuries. Green Bay has been without Matthews and their recievers and look how they're doing. The lack of depth is the GM's fault , and you can't be a contender every year without depth. As for the coaches, the lack of halftime adjustments shows their lack of coaching ability
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2660
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a chance we scrap the entire regime after this Reply with quote

falcons145 wrote:
haggis wrote:
falcons145 wrote:
At first it seemed silly, but I realized Arthur Blank is a pretty strict owner. Mora was fired after a 7-9 year (not TOO bad) 2 years after a championship appearence, and Reeves was fired after a season where they were only bad cause they lost Vick. It's starting to seem like we may start over staff-wise after this year. We'd keep Matt of course, I'm just saying TD, Smith, and the coordinators


no..only reason they are doing bad is numerous injuries to their marquee players..

any team loses 2 pro bowl WR and pro bowl RB early cannot expect to do much...that is a lot to overcome


We've been lucky the past few years with injuries. Green Bay has been without Matthews and their recievers and look how they're doing. The lack of depth is the GM's fault , and you can't be a contender every year without depth. As for the coaches, the lack of halftime adjustments shows their lack of coaching ability


You can be if you don't have injuries.

We are one of the teams in the league that bank on not having injuries. Is it a good strategy? Not necessarily. But it's the price you pay to have stars on your team. The DL and OL are a whole different story.
_________________


Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4643
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a chance we scrap the entire regime after this Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
falcons145 wrote:
haggis wrote:
falcons145 wrote:
At first it seemed silly, but I realized Arthur Blank is a pretty strict owner. Mora was fired after a 7-9 year (not TOO bad) 2 years after a championship appearence, and Reeves was fired after a season where they were only bad cause they lost Vick. It's starting to seem like we may start over staff-wise after this year. We'd keep Matt of course, I'm just saying TD, Smith, and the coordinators


no..only reason they are doing bad is numerous injuries to their marquee players..

any team loses 2 pro bowl WR and pro bowl RB early cannot expect to do much...that is a lot to overcome


We've been lucky the past few years with injuries. Green Bay has been without Matthews and their recievers and look how they're doing. The lack of depth is the GM's fault , and you can't be a contender every year without depth. As for the coaches, the lack of halftime adjustments shows their lack of coaching ability


You can be if you don't have injuries.

We are one of the teams in the league that bank on not having injuries. Is it a good strategy? Not necessarily. But it's the price you pay to have stars on your team. The DL and OL are a whole different story.
Banking on not having injuries in the NFL? Rolling Eyes Then why draft Baker, Moore Julio, etc..................? These guys were always banged up in College. Just curious..... And the price you pay for having stars on the team? What "stars" are you talking about? Julio Jones is the only super star like player on the team besides Gonzo and hes done after the year... Kinda reminds me of when Nique used to call Joe Johnson a superstar... Puleeze!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4643
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im thinking AB will give TD and Smith another year, to see if this year was a fluke..... But Nolan and Kodetter have been H O R R R I B L E....(in my best Bill Walton voice. They gots to go. Cant really blame Nolan or Koetter entirely though. Look what they have to work with up front. But still....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShockdAtFalcons


Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Posts: 902
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Smitty or TD are in any danger this year.

I think some strength and conditioning coaches are rightfully going to get canned, and possibly a few position coaches.

Hard to say if Koetter and/or Nolan are on the hotseat yet, I think it depends on how the 2nd half of the season plays out.
_________________
formerly MadAtFalcons

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group