Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are these players used to losing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
Plan, it's not even worth replying to all of that nonsense. It's easy to see you simply hate Romo and Jerry, and most things Cowboys, to the point you'll reach for reasons to put them down.

Just know that it's kind of silly to read anyone saying that Jerry, Romo or whomever simply doesn't care. Just silly.

You clearly didn't read what I wrote.

I read tidbits; I know your feelings and thoughts on both guys pretty well from your other posts, in this thread and others. I'm not going to say you're wrong, because opinion is opinion for a reason, no opinion is factual or else it'd not be opinion. But I'm also not going to invest my time in debunking your opinion with my own, when I know to which lengths you'll go to put both guys down. Razz It's cool either way, I just disagree usually and have a headache atm, don't feel much like going into it all again. Smile

I'm also kind of exhausted of all the Pro-Romo/Anti-Romo topics. And the "Jerry should stop being GM" topic is older than many posters on this forum...and bores me Very Happy

I'll leave it with this: For all of the flaws Romo may have, he's given this team the ability to win any game, where as prior to him, this team was a favorite for the bottom of the NFC, let alone the NFC East, year after year.

EDIT: But to answer the question you did pose, just to get to a topic slightly more interesting: The Galloway trade was not a trade; he signed a franchise tagged player to a contract and had to give up two first rounders to make it happen, as per the NFL rules on franchise players. BUT, it wasn't a bad move - imagine if Galloway didn't get hurt the first year, or Aikman the second year. We'd have had a QB-WR duo capable of something better than many teams had at the time. Galloway was considered one of the best young WRs in that time period...3 straight 1000 yard seasons, averaging 8tds a year, before we made that move. And after he got healthy and paired up with a QB not named Quincy Carter, he had 4 more 1000 yard seasons, and finished his career with over 10,000 receiving yards. The guy was good, the situation just took a poor, unlucky turn.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: