Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Haynesworth joins Mcnabb in the Shanahan/RG3 saga

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Haynesworth joins Mcnabb in the Shanahan/RG3 saga Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/10/30/haynesworth-tees-off-on-shanahan/

I mean, Haynesworth really has no credibility because he didn't work for the good of the team when he was here, but he brings up a few relevant points in his Shanahan and Redskins Organization bashing.

The problem I have with Haynesworth is he takes this, supposed "lying" thing too personal or whatever. Like, he wasn't a good player for us because we didn't use him how Tenn used him... Hogwash. If you're a good DL and wanted to be a hall of famer, work for that, no matter the scheme. The guy had/has the talent to be a Vince Wilfork type NT or a Seymor type 3-4DE. He wanted to just whine and cry about it though, it was never about the team but about him.

In my honest opinion. Vinny Cerrato and Dan Snyder promised Haynesworth that they'd play him like they did in Tenn, but they had no clue how Greg Blache ran his defensive scheme. So, that's where the lie/miscommunication came from.

Still, Haynesworth should have been a pro about it. If he had, he would have made a great NT. Albert was unblockable when he wanted to be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing: He did one thing in Tennessee. A specific, role centric job. That doesn't mean that he can magically change that and be as great at it as he was prior.

This is largely on Cerrato for giving him that contract in the first place. They signed him and wanted him to play a different position and different technique than he had ever done. It never should have known that. Cerrato should have known that. Haynseworth should have known that. His agent should have known that.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Here's the thing: He did one thing in Tennessee. A specific, role centric job. That doesn't mean that he can magically change that and be as great at it as he was prior.

This is largely on Cerrato for giving him that contract in the first place. They signed him and wanted him to play a different position and different technique than he had ever done. It never should have known that. Cerrato should have known that. Haynseworth should have known that. His agent should have known that.
Yes, but I honestly believe that Cerrato did lie to him to get him here. Again though, really doesn't matter. He's a defensive tackle, and should run the scheme, Blache or Haz want him to run.

As you know, and said and everyone knows, despite Cerrato's apparent lie to get him to DC and Haynesworth and his Agent's naiveness in believing the coaches would just change their entire scheme just for him, the player needs to do whatever he's asked to do within the rules of the game and be the best player he can for his teammates.

Did you hear Shanahan's response?

He said there's only one kind of player that I didn't get along with as an assistant coach or head coach, one that is lazy, doesn't have passion for the game and doesn't have good character.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2013/10/31/mike-shanahan-albert-haynesworth-lazy-lack-character-passion/3329099/

Quote:
"When you don't get along with somebody as a head coach or an assistant coach, it usually falls into one of those areas lazy, lack of passion, and a lot of times lack of character," Shanahan said. "And he fits all three."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Yes, but I honestly believe that Cerrato did lie to him to get him here. Again though, really doesn't matter. He's a defensive tackle, and should run the scheme, Blache or Haz want him to run.

As you know, and said and everyone knows, despite Cerrato's apparent lie to get him to DC and Haynesworth and his Agent's naiveness in believing the coaches would just change their entire scheme just for him, the player needs to do whatever he's asked to do within the rules of the game and be the best player he can for his teammates.

He said there's only one kind of player that I didn't get along with as an assistant coach or head coach, one that is lazy, doesn't have passion for the game and doesn't have good character.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2013/10/31/mike-shanahan-albert-haynesworth-lazy-lack-character-passion/3329099/

Quote:
"When you don't get along with somebody as a head coach or an assistant coach, it usually falls into one of those areas lazy, lack of passion, and a lot of times lack of character," Shanahan said. "And he fits all three."

He played hard in Tennessee?
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Quote:

He played hard in Tennessee?
He only played hard in Tenn in his contract years. Many of us saw that red flag when we signed him And we were against the signing.

Signing Canty, another DT, an OLB, an affordable cb, a FS and a RT would have been a much smarter way to use our #, than to spend all of our money on Haynesworth and Hall.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Haynesworth joins Mcnabb in the Shanahan/RG3 saga Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/10/30/haynesworth-tees-off-on-shanahan/

I mean, Haynesworth really has no credibility because he didn't work for the good of the team when he was here, but he brings up a few relevant points in his Shanahan and Redskins Organization bashing.

The problem I have with Haynesworth is he takes this, supposed "lying" thing too personal or whatever. Like, he wasn't a good player for us because we didn't use him how Tenn used him... Hogwash. If you're a good DL and wanted to be a hall of famer, work for that, no matter the scheme. The guy had/has the talent to be a Vince Wilfork type NT or a Seymor type 3-4DE. He wanted to just whine and cry about it though, it was never about the team but about him.

In my honest opinion. Vinny Cerrato and Dan Snyder promised Haynesworth that they'd play him like they did in Tenn, but they had no clue how Greg Blache ran his defensive scheme. So, that's where the lie/miscommunication came from.

Still, Haynesworth should have been a pro about it. If he had, he would have made a great NT. Albert was unblockable when he wanted to be.
End of thread. I mean seriously who cares what this turd has to say?

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Shanahan leveled a scathing critique at Albert Haynesworth on Thursday, saying the former Redskins defensive lineman was "lazy" and had a "lack of passion" and "lack of character."

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

Mike Shanahan leveled a scathing critique at Albert Haynesworth on Thursday, saying the former Redskins defensive lineman was "lazy" and had a "lack of passion" and "lack of character."
Yep. That's what I posted 3 posts up and quoted. Wink
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Haynesworth joins Mcnabb in the Shanahan/RG3 saga Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

The problem I have with Haynesworth is he takes this, supposed "lying" thing too personal or whatever.

The proper usage is "laying" and there was no supposed thing about it

Oh ... wait. My bad.

Quote:
Like, he wasn't a good player for us because we didn't use him how Tenn used him... Hogwash. If you're a good DL and wanted to be a hall of famer, work for that, no matter the scheme. The guy had/has the talent to be a Vince Wilfork type NT or a Seymor type 3-4DE. He wanted to just whine and cry about it though, it was never about the team but about him.

Funny thing about Haynesworth ... we traded him to New England and they cut him after a month. Did they lie to him? Has anyone given him a tryout since? Is the whole NFL lying to him?
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Haynesworth joins Mcnabb in the Shanahan/RG3 saga Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

The problem I have with Haynesworth is he takes this, supposed "lying" thing too personal or whatever.

The proper usage is "laying" and there was no supposed thing about it

Oh ... wait. My bad.

Quote:
Like, he wasn't a good player for us because we didn't use him how Tenn used him... Hogwash. If you're a good DL and wanted to be a hall of famer, work for that, no matter the scheme. The guy had/has the talent to be a Vince Wilfork type NT or a Seymor type 3-4DE. He wanted to just whine and cry about it though, it was never about the team but about him.

Funny thing about Haynesworth ... we traded him to New England and they cut him after a month. Did they lie to him? Has anyone given him a tryout since? Is the whole NFL lying to him?
Exactly. He takes no personal responsibility
spoiler41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Redskins. Even when one of our players goes to another team, I still root for them to have a good game. Example Jason Campbell, Champ Bailey, etc., unless they're playing us.
Albert Haynesworth is the only player I didn't like when he came to our team and the thought of him disgusts me. The way he played and the damage his signing did to our team is an embarrassment. I know the contract wasn't his fault but the way he played after getting that contract was a slap in the face.
Just my two cents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: