You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FRED THOMAS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mksadng

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: FRED THOMAS Reply with quote

FRED THOMAS NEEDS TO BE GONE RIGHT NOW

Dontrelle Willis will have an ERA over 6 with the Detroit Tigers!
SaintReggie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: FRED THOMAS Reply with quote

mksadng wrote:

my complaint all year long is why we don't have more safety help over the top on his side of the field.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: FRED THOMAS Reply with quote

SaintReggie wrote:
mksadng wrote:

my complaint all year long is why we don't have more safety help over the top on his side of the field.

wouldn't be a problem if Thomas wasn't getting beat on EVERY PLAY!

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
SaintReggie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: FRED THOMAS Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
SaintReggie wrote:
mksadng wrote:

wouldn't be a problem if Thomas wasn't getting beat on EVERY PLAY!

a defense typically gives safety help to its weak corner; for whatever reason we refuse to
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get off Bullocks back. It's sickening and laughable.
K.B.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhhhh fred thomas is always gettin burnt. i really hope we draft a good DB in the draft cuz freddie t is drivin me crazy
mksadng

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we make it to the super bowl i hope we dont play the colts cuz our CBs will be getting burned all day

Dontrelle Willis will have an ERA over 6 with the Detroit Tigers!
GeauxldenBoy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we all know Fred Thomas gets burned on EVERY play and trips up whenever he seems to be in good position for a deflection, but i was shocked to learn that despite how garbage he plays..... hes the EIGHT highest playe on our team!!! Freddy T pulled in $2.2 million this season making himself the second highest defensive player on the Saints roster despite his HORRIBLE play. he has DEFINITELY gotta go this year and i want our cornerback problem addressed in Free Agency (Nate Clements) AND in the draft because even though Mike McKenzie has done well, hes still getting old.

But to reiterate myself, the FRED THOMAS situation MUST be solved and id prefer to just let him go. i mean the 4 pass drive that Grossman put together were ALL ON FRED THOMAS...... LET HIM GO!!!!! hes our Achilles' Heel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is gone next year.
SaintReggie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Thomas is signed thru the 2007 season. We surely can't trade him as no one would touch him now. I think he becomes a valuable nickel or dime back. He would do quite fine against a 3rd or 4th wideout option. He just can't cover a #1 or #2 option of most teams.
SaintReggie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you guys get on Thomas, and rightfully so, but Josh Bullocks played horribly yesterday. The pass over the middle to the tight end he got turned around and could not make a big hit or possible interception cuz he was out of position. On the Berrian touchdown he was not there to make the play like he should have (a good 5 yards away). Numerous other attempts that Rex tried to hit deep, he wasn't there (the batted ball by Thomas was one of them).

I don't know what you guys see in him. Yes he is young. But he has no clue what he doing out there. He is way too indecisive. If he could commit to doing something out there, I could say well it will take time. But he is way too apprehensive for a FS. And he has absolutely no hitting ability. He also had that one run by Jones in which he looked feeble and foolish.

I think he is only a backup in this league at best.
UCFNoleFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintReggie wrote:
I know you guys get on Thomas, and rightfully so, but Josh Bullocks played horribly yesterday. The pass over the middle to the tight end he got turned around and could not make a big hit or possible interception cuz he was out of position. On the Berrian touchdown he was not there to make the play like he should have (a good 5 yards away). Numerous other attempts that Rex tried to hit deep, he wasn't there (the batted ball by Thomas was one of them).

I don't know what you guys see in him. Yes he is young. But he has no clue what he doing out there. He is way too indecisive. If he could commit to doing something out there, I could say well it will take time. But he is way too apprehensive for a FS. And he has absolutely no hitting ability. He also had that one run by Jones in which he looked feeble and foolish.
I think he is only a backup in this league at best.

Honestly do you even watch the games? Bullocks played GREAT, he made several big play stopping tackles, was always around the ball, and was all over the field. If he wasn't constantly having to make up for a GOD AWFUL corner, he might be actually able to do what he does best and get up in the box. No one thinks he is Ed Reed out there, but he is definitely better than you give him credit for.
504ever

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Thomas played this season like Toi Cook from back in da day, we need immediate improvements at the corner position. The predator #34,
never really played up to his hype yet since coming from Green Bay, we
need someone who can come in and compete for Mike's starting position,
and push him to the 2 spot or make him step his game up.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: