Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Waters headed to IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
roysmyboy31


Moderator
Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 19896
Location: NY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a serious blow to the offense. More Berny is bad news for the entire offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1923
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Boy, I'm sure glad we invested the resources in the o-line to handle this kind of loss.

Wait......


Because drafting an offensive lineman isn't investing resources in the o-line anymore Rolling Eyes


Let me rephrase what plan has said then. "Boy, I'm sure glad the Cowboys drafted Larry Warford when he was there in the 2nd round instead of a 3rd TE"


That is all well and good, but why does everyone feel like we should have 8 starting quality linemen on a team? That just isn't realistic. Obviously, the team liked what they had after they took Fredbeard along the line, and for the most part, they were right. Free has looked solid this year, Leary has looked decent, and they got unlucky with another injury


It has been the weakness of this team for many years. What you said is true they just got unlucky with Waters, but Waters didn't play last year and is currently 36 years old so there was a high risk chance of him getting injured.

At the time of the draft there were concerns on the entire right side of the OL (including Free). All I am saying is why draft another luxury (a 3rd TE) instead of potentially solidifying this OL issue with two young OLmen?


Because they were following their draft board? Something that everyone on this forum has been preaching for a long time


If that was the case why wasn't Floyd drafted at 18, because it doesn't work both ways. Jerry drafted for need in the first when he traded back with the 49ers.


Again, according to their charts, they were winning this trade by a large enough margin that they figured it was worth it. And they got Terrence Williams. Cant complain about that. Well you can, but oh well


You said to stick to your board, and if the Cowboys did that they should have picked Floyd at #18, then could have got Fredrick in the 2nd and Williams in the 3rd. So the only person they may have missed on is escobar and Wilcox. Don't care if they think they made out like bandits on the trade its about following your board


You know for a fact they could have gotten Frederick in the 2nd? And that they would have taken Williams over Wilcox? Impressive


Neither one of us can predict if they would have been there, but don't whine to the forum about sticking to your board when it helps your argument about picking Escobar over Warford.
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6440
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Boy, I'm sure glad we invested the resources in the o-line to handle this kind of loss.

Wait......


Because drafting an offensive lineman isn't investing resources in the o-line anymore Rolling Eyes


Let me rephrase what plan has said then. "Boy, I'm sure glad the Cowboys drafted Larry Warford when he was there in the 2nd round instead of a 3rd TE"


That is all well and good, but why does everyone feel like we should have 8 starting quality linemen on a team? That just isn't realistic. Obviously, the team liked what they had after they took Fredbeard along the line, and for the most part, they were right. Free has looked solid this year, Leary has looked decent, and they got unlucky with another injury


It has been the weakness of this team for many years. What you said is true they just got unlucky with Waters, but Waters didn't play last year and is currently 36 years old so there was a high risk chance of him getting injured.

At the time of the draft there were concerns on the entire right side of the OL (including Free). All I am saying is why draft another luxury (a 3rd TE) instead of potentially solidifying this OL issue with two young OLmen?


Because they were following their draft board? Something that everyone on this forum has been preaching for a long time


If that was the case why wasn't Floyd drafted at 18, because it doesn't work both ways. Jerry drafted for need in the first when he traded back with the 49ers.


Again, according to their charts, they were winning this trade by a large enough margin that they figured it was worth it. And they got Terrence Williams. Cant complain about that. Well you can, but oh well


You said to stick to your board, and if the Cowboys did that they should have picked Floyd at #18, then could have got Fredrick in the 2nd and Williams in the 3rd. So the only person they may have missed on is escobar and Wilcox. Don't care if they think they made out like bandits on the trade its about following your board


You know for a fact they could have gotten Frederick in the 2nd? And that they would have taken Williams over Wilcox? Impressive


Neither one of us can predict if they would have been there, but don't whine to the forum about sticking to your board when it helps your argument about picking Escobar over Warford.


You got it buddy
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 9598
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we had drafted Warford we would be in better shape?
_________________

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 36999
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 10m
Jason Garrett hasn't ruled brian Waters out for the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10236
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
So if we had drafted Warford we would be in better shape?


Only in this thread. In a different thread the pick should have been a DL.

You know how it is, certain people say the coaches are morons because they didn't foresee an injury at a certain position. Apparently, when we went with our draft board, as many have said is the best way to go, it was wrong because it wasn't what everyone wanted. Instead of BPA, I guess our future draft strategy should be BPA-at-a-popular-position-of-future-need-because-someone-might-get-hurt-at-some-point.
_________________


Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1262
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Boy, I'm sure glad we invested the resources in the o-line to handle this kind of loss.

Wait......


Because drafting an offensive lineman isn't investing resources in the o-line anymore Rolling Eyes


Let me rephrase what plan has said then. "Boy, I'm sure glad the Cowboys drafted Larry Warford when he was there in the 2nd round instead of a 3rd TE"


That is all well and good, but why does everyone feel like we should have 8 starting quality linemen on a team? That just isn't realistic. Obviously, the team liked what they had after they took Fredbeard along the line, and for the most part, they were right. Free has looked solid this year, Leary has looked decent, and they got unlucky with another injury


It has been the weakness of this team for many years. What you said is true they just got unlucky with Waters, but Waters didn't play last year and is currently 36 years old so there was a high risk chance of him getting injured.

At the time of the draft there were concerns on the entire right side of the OL (including Free). All I am saying is why draft another luxury (a 3rd TE) instead of potentially solidifying this OL issue with two young OLmen?


Because they were following their draft board? Something that everyone on this forum has been preaching for a long time


If that was the case why wasn't Floyd drafted at 18, because it doesn't work both ways. Jerry drafted for need in the first when he traded back with the 49ers.


Through 8 games, he has 5 tackles and 1.5 sacks, thank good ness we didnt get him at 18!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Tony7188


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3390
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
So if we had drafted Warford we would be in better shape?


Only in this thread. In a different thread the pick should have been a DL.

You know how it is, certain people say the coaches are morons because they didn't foresee an injury at a certain position. Apparently, when we went with our draft board, as many have said is the best way to go, it was wrong because it wasn't what everyone wanted. Instead of BPA, I guess our future draft strategy should be BPA-at-a-popular-position-of-future-need-because-someone-might-get-hurt-at-some-point.


Like Buckwild said you can't have it both ways, if the team went with their draft board then Floyd would have been the pick at 18. The scouts had Shariff Floyd ranked as a Top 5 pick, he fell to 18. The Cowboys traded back.

And yes we would have been in better shape if we had Warford in the 2nd. Or even the DL. This was during the time where the whole right side of the OL had been terrible the season prior. Not to mention we needed to find a replacement for Spencer (who was franchised again).
_________________

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tony7188


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3390
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
You said to stick to your board, and if the Cowboys did that they should have picked Floyd at #18, then could have got Fredrick in the 2nd and Williams in the 3rd. So the only person they may have missed on is escobar and Wilcox. Don't care if they think they made out like bandits on the trade its about following your board

You know for a fact they could have gotten Frederick in the 2nd? And that they would have taken Williams over Wilcox? Impressive

All I am saying is that if the Cowboys were going to draft by need (which is was obvious by passing on Floyd) in the 1st round, then they should have drafted Warford because RG was a definite need on the OL over a 3rd string TE. DL was a definite need (Hatcher's contract and Spencer leaving) over a 3rd string TE.
_________________

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 26650
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
So if we had drafted Warford we would be in better shape?


Only in this thread. In a different thread the pick should have been a DL.

You know how it is, certain people say the coaches are morons because they didn't foresee an injury at a certain position. Apparently, when we went with our draft board, as many have said is the best way to go, it was wrong because it wasn't what everyone wanted. Instead of BPA, I guess our future draft strategy should be BPA-at-a-popular-position-of-future-need-because-someone-might-get-hurt-at-some-point.


We should hire a psychic.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6440
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
You said to stick to your board, and if the Cowboys did that they should have picked Floyd at #18, then could have got Fredrick in the 2nd and Williams in the 3rd. So the only person they may have missed on is escobar and Wilcox. Don't care if they think they made out like bandits on the trade its about following your board

You know for a fact they could have gotten Frederick in the 2nd? And that they would have taken Williams over Wilcox? Impressive

All I am saying is that if the Cowboys were going to draft by need (which is was obvious by passing on Floyd) in the 1st round, then they should have drafted Warford because RG was a definite need on the OL over a 3rd string TE. DL was a definite need (Hatcher's contract and Spencer leaving) over a 3rd string TE.


Do you know that they had Warford graded as a 2nd round talent? Maybe they thought he was a 4th rounder. Hindsight is 20/20, and quite frankly, we can't start saying we made the right or wrong picks 8 weeks into their rookie season. Teams don't always draft for immediate impact, as crazy as that might sound. If in four years Escobar is one of the top tight ends in the league, I'm sure everyone will forget how upset they were that we drafted him
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 26650
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
If in four years Escobar is one of the top tight ends in the league, I'm sure everyone will forget how upset they were that we drafted him


Especially if we end up with Anthony Steen or Xavier Su'a-Filo or one of the other top guards in this draft.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group