Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sally Jenkins has a read on the BoyWonder
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Do you guys have to whine about WRs in every thread?

They suck. That's a major problem.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

This thread has nothing to do with WRs.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

This thread has nothing to do with WRs.
While true, it has to do with RG3 and so then, people start talking about the passing game and it ends up being a WR bashing fest, while not acknowledging that the main problem with the passing game is RG3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They also have Drew Brees throwing them the ball. The guy who might have the best ball placement in the nfl.

Why do you always leave out the fact that these other teams you decide to compare our WRs against have good to elite qbs?

Not, an average/developing pocket passing qb who's a year or two away from being a great pocket passer - if he ever gets there.

Oh and I loved Kenny Stills coming out also, but I'm still glad we took 3 DBs and I'd rather have Jordan Reed now over any of those Wrs you keep mentioning.

I didn't like Reed before the draft or on draft day but I'll admit, I was 100% wrong about him.

Lol maybe you should read one of my last posts in the draft thread. I don't just compare to guys with elite QB's...Josh Gordon 2nd rounder last year...Brandon Weeden, Hoyer, Campbell have been his revolving door of QB's in his first two seasons.

Robert Woods was also mentioned another 2nd rounder who has had EJ Manuel and Thad Lewis throwing him the ball. He has had no problem putting up numbers so far either.

I know it is hindsight, I'm not mad about our draft, but had we taken Stills instead of Jenkins/Thompson, we could have really had an amazing draft with such limited resources.

Man I love how down people are on RG3. If he ever gets there? Last year he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and now we are questioning if he ever can be a great pocket passer. Sure it sucks watching right now, but his ability didn't just disappear from last year. He will be just fine.

On a side note, one other WR that has caught my eye a bit as a Santana Moss replacement if he comes out this year, he could stay and continue to raise his draft stock. Brandin Cooks out of Oregon State. He is about the same size as Moss, and when I watch him play the explosiveness/playstyle kinda reminds me of Moss. They have very similar times for personal best in track as well so the speed is really comparable, along with the quickness.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/brandin-cooks-vs-colorado-2013/

You make some good points, tyler. And I'll pay attention to some of these guys you highlight in college. You seem to have a good feel for guys that will break out, and an objective viewpoint.
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They also have Drew Brees throwing them the ball. The guy who might have the best ball placement in the nfl.

Why do you always leave out the fact that these other teams you decide to compare our WRs against have good to elite qbs?

Not, an average/developing pocket passing qb who's a year or two away from being a great pocket passer - if he ever gets there.

Oh and I loved Kenny Stills coming out also, but I'm still glad we took 3 DBs and I'd rather have Jordan Reed now over any of those Wrs you keep mentioning.

I didn't like Reed before the draft or on draft day but I'll admit, I was 100% wrong about him.

Lol maybe you should read one of my last posts in the draft thread. I don't just compare to guys with elite QB's...Josh Gordon 2nd rounder last year...Brandon Weeden, Hoyer, Campbell have been his revolving door of QB's in his first two seasons.

Robert Woods was also mentioned another 2nd rounder who has had EJ Manuel and Thad Lewis throwing him the ball. He has had no problem putting up numbers so far either.

I know it is hindsight, I'm not mad about our draft, but had we taken Stills instead of Jenkins/Thompson, we could have really had an amazing draft with such limited resources.

Man I love how down people are on RG3. If he ever gets there? Last year he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and now we are questioning if he ever can be a great pocket passer. Sure it sucks watching right now, but his ability didn't just disappear from last year. He will be just fine.

On a side note, one other WR that has caught my eye a bit as a Santana Moss replacement if he comes out this year, he could stay and continue to raise his draft stock. Brandin Cooks out of Oregon State. He is about the same size as Moss, and when I watch him play the explosiveness/playstyle kinda reminds me of Moss. They have very similar times for personal best in track as well so the speed is really comparable, along with the quickness.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/brandin-cooks-vs-colorado-2013/

You make some good points, tyler. And I'll pay attention to some of these guys you highlight in college. You seem to have a good feel for guys that will break out, and an objective viewpoint.

Thanks man...Lots of quality guys to keep an eye on if they declare for the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: