Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets running game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
MP wrote:
Lache Seastrunk or Melvin Gordon please.
Marion Grice or DeAnthony Thomas please.

I'm really warming up to the idea of a WR/RB or RB/WR in the first two rounds because we surely need it. Id love Seastrunk or Gordon but I have a feeling they will cost a first round pick at the end of the day, where as Grice or Thomas will probably be second round picks. Even though Lache and Melvin are better RB's, Grice and Thomas would provide us with someone who can hit a homerun and we desperately need that.
I love both those backs. I'd love for them to join our team.
I like Bishop Sankey. He reminds me of Ray Rice.
Its A Sabotage wrote:

Throw stats aside, Washington RB Bishop Sankey is the best back in the draft. He is a smooth runner, with the best patience, best vision, with enough power to run through a defender, but also has the feet and balance to make hard cuts, and bounce to the outside. With that said, he needs to continue to work the inside and stop with the unnecessary jump cuts to the tackle.

Metrics:
Speed Score: 103.83
ELU Rating: 86.89
Missed Tackle per touch: 0.46

That puts his speed score borderline elite, ELU elite, MTpT elite.

And for those that want stats:

Running by down and distance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qmBRwlTx8Y
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for getting a RB in the draft, but it's not a priority IMO. Powell and Ivory will be on the roster next season, Goodson I don't know, we might cut him. So what the backfield misses is a speed back. deAnthony Thomas fits this mold perfectly. And I think he couild be available in the 2nd. Melivin Gordon to me brings more to the table as a all around 3 down back, but Thomas can be used all over the field. Don't get me wrong I like guys like Seastrunk, Sankey and Carey, I just don't think they are worth a high draft pick with what our current RBs can do already. Look at ur stats on Sankey Oregon doesnt have a great defense but Stanford and ASU have pretty good defenses. Against ASU he averaged 1.69yds per carry, that is horrific and against Stanford a 4.63avg. which is far from impressive for a college player. I'd rather take my chances with Gordon or Thomas.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I'm all for getting a RB in the draft, but it's not a priority IMO. Powell and Ivory will be on the roster next season, Goodson I don't know, we might cut him. So what the backfield misses is a speed back. deAnthony Thomas fits this mold perfectly. And I think he couild be available in the 2nd. Melivin Gordon to me brings more to the table as a all around 3 down back, but Thomas can be used all over the field. Don't get me wrong I like guys like Seastrunk, Sankey and Carey, I just don't think they are worth a high draft pick with what our current RBs can do already. Look at ur stats on Sankey Oregon doesnt have a great defense but Stanford and ASU have pretty good defenses. Against ASU he averaged 1.69yds per carry, that is horrific and against Stanford a 4.63avg. which is far from impressive for a college player. I'd rather take my chances with Gordon or Thomas.

I agree I don't want a RB in the 1st. If Evans/Watkins/Lee are gone then I take Ebron or ASJ in the 1st. Then in the 2nd I'd absolutely pull the trigger on Thomas if he is there. We need weapons in the worst way.
Sack Exchange

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Ground and Pound Reply with quote

We have some nice spare parts but no feature back talent. Powell has some nice moves and decent speed but reminds me more of an elite back up type. Ivory is a banger who can wear down defenses but these types are injury prone and lack big play ability. I am not impressed with the trade bait or soon to be free agents out there. I like to think to Bill Parcells and his running back philosophy which is to never draft one in the first round since there is plenty of talent from round two and down. It is such a demanding position and the chance of disaster (Ki-jana Carter anyone?) is always a possibility. I would prefer to get some young fresh legs through the draft over a used up veteran in the twilight of their career.
MP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I like Bishop Sankey. He reminds me of Ray Rice.

I know the name, I just haven't really seen him play at all so I didn't throw him up there. I know most people have him right up there with the best backs in this draft, just at this point I'm throwing up guys that I've at least seen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Darren McFadden is an intriguing option. I have been a fan of McFadden but has soured on him recently. Probably because he burnt me too many times in Fantasy football. When healthy McFadden provides the speed threat the running game needs to make the passing game for affective. The problem is his injury history with frustrate me. If the price is right I'll take the chance. Around 6mil per for 3 year at most. Otherwise, I would draft a speed back in the mid-rounds to go with Ivory and Powell. The remaining games this year will determine if Ivory or Powell can be the feature back for the team.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Mc Fadden, has great speed, and would give us the breakaway player we need. The problem is how can we get him?
green24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
I agree Mc Fadden, has great speed, and would give us the breakaway player we need. The problem is how can we get him?

By giving him a contract that he likely won't end up living up to due to injuries, lack of production, or both.

Giving up anything of value for a RB older than 25 is risky business. You could add RBs through the draft or you could trade for a young one (Lynch was 24 when the Seahawks traded for him). McFadden will be 27 by the start of the 2014 season.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMC isn't worth much money. Has never played a full season, and has only rushed for 1000 yards once. Let another team over pay for him. Guy isnt worth more than we gave Chris Ivory who is also made of glass. Would he be a nice addition, absolutely, but for a prove it deal only. At 27 all hes proven is that hes fast and injury prone.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: green24 Reply with quote

One thing i could never understand, a player leaves college at 22,he is in the league 3 years and he is now he is 27. I have seen this for years i guese they were 6 year seniors.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: green24 Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
One thing i could never understand, a player leaves college at 22,he is in the league 3 years and he is now he is 27. I have seen this for years i guese they were 6 year seniors.

Are you talking about McFadden? He was drafted in 2008. This is his sixth season.
Davey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: green24 Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:

22 is probably the average age. But there are a few players that enter the league as early as 21 or even 20 and then there are players that can be 25 years old by the time their rookie season ends.

Quote:
DMC isn't worth much money. Has never played a full season, and has only rushed for 1000 yards once. Let another team over pay for him. Guy isnt worth more than we gave Chris Ivory who is also made of glass. Would he be a nice addition, absolutely, but for a prove it deal only. At 27 all hes proven is that hes fast and injury prone.

I agree, McFadden catches balls and has home run ability which are the two things we're missing, but the value probably isn't going to be there with him to make it worth the risk. He's probably going to be a rich-get-richer signing for one of the league's better teams.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: green24 Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
doumeyer wrote:

22 is probably the average age. But there are a few players that enter the league as early as 21 or even 20 and then there are players that can be 25 years old by the time their rookie season ends.

Or you could have Brandon Weeden, who was drafted last year and is already 30.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: