Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can Andre Brown Save the Season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, I think hillis is the one that saved our season. 150 plus yards in 2 games.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
RB isnt the issue. O-line is the issue.

If your RB is fumbling, missing holes, and running up the backside of lineman...it's an issue..

what holes?
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

If your RB is fumbling, missing holes, and running up the backside of lineman...it's an issue..

what holes?

The ones Hillis has been finding. He just doesn't have the skill to make someone miss and go for a big gain. Remember last year when the run game struggled with Bradshaw and Wilson and then Brown got his shot and all of a sudden the run game took off. Hoping he can do that again. The O-line is bad don't get me wrong, but there have been open running lanes for Wilson and he was straight up missing them. Jacobs and Hillis have been productive because they see the hole and just plow through it. Brown has the ability to plow and make people miss.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
reckless123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

what holes?

The ones Hillis has been finding. He just doesn't have the skill to make someone miss and go for a big gain. Remember last year when the run game struggled with Bradshaw and Wilson and then Brown got his shot and all of a sudden the run game took off. Hoping he can do that again. The O-line is bad don't get me wrong, but there have been open running lanes for Wilson and he was straight up missing them. Jacobs and Hillis have been productive because they see the hole and just plow through it. Brown has the ability to plow and make people miss.

I dont see what you see. Hillis did nothing vs Minnesota as far as rushing. Against Philly he didnt do bad but i wouldnt go as far as to say that Wilson wasnt seeing holes.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
ESKY008

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rase wrote:
ESKY008 wrote:
Rase wrote:
Andre Brown will be the Jon Beason of our offense! Everyone will play lightsout and we'll crush every opponent.

but tbh I think he'll do ok, but without Wilson he'll never do what he did last year

That Beason comment is blasphemy.

He will become the mayor of New York City. If he wants too

Mayor Beason or Mayor Brown?

BEASON
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthfully, Hillis and Conners may have saved the season. And not necessarily in the run game but blitz pickup. The OLINE has been playing better (Pugh was outstanding sans 2 illegal formation penalties in the Eagles game).

I honestly believe that if we can fix the GreenZone problems and the OLINE plays just as good as the last couple of games we can legitimately contend for the division.

Beason (not just his play but getting players lined up) has made a world of a difference on D. Very impressed by his leadership skills having just recently signed. Dude is a godsend.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
truthfully, Hillis and Conners may have saved the season. And not necessarily in the run game but blitz pickup. The OLINE has been playing better (Pugh was outstanding sans 2 illegal formation penalties in the Eagles game).

I honestly believe that if we can fix the GreenZone problems and the OLINE plays just as good as the last couple of games we can legitimately contend for the division.

Beason (not just his play but getting players lined up) has made a world of a difference on D. Very impressed by his leadership skills having just recently signed. Dude is a godsend.

Those 2 penalties weren't even his fault. The TE or WR was supposed to be on the line and they weren't. Penalty was called on him for some reason. He's been great all season.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
GEE MEN wrote:

Those 2 penalties weren't even his fault. The TE or WR was supposed to be on the line and they weren't. Penalty was called on him for some reason. He's been great all season.

Agreed. Nice article on Pugh. Ross Tucker compares him to other tackles from his draft class. The kid is getting noticed. As he gets a bit stronger I can see a pro bowl for him. His technique is fantastic.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/10/ex-nfl_lineman_giants_justin_pugh_has_outplayed_nfl_drafts_top_picks.html

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's the question- if we do somehow get Jake Mathews in the draft, where does he play? Pugh is playing well at RT, Beatty is our LT, so does he get pushed inside? Does Pugh get pushed inside to guard and Mathews go to RT?

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
So here's the question- if we do somehow get Jake Mathews in the draft, where does he play? Pugh is playing well at RT, Beatty is our LT, so does he get pushed inside? Does Pugh get pushed inside to guard and Mathews go to RT?

I am not convinced that we take OL in the first round. Truthfully, I can see us going DE. Tuck and Kiwi are playing a bit better but that'll be another year.

JPP hopefully will recover and get back to his old self but it's not guaranteed that he returns to form. that leaves us with DaMonster as the future.

With all of the scrutiny on the lack of pass rush and it being so important to the identity of the team i think DE will be the focus.

Desperado82 wrote:
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

I am not convinced that we take OL in the first round. Truthfully, I can see us going DE. Tuck and Kiwi are playing a bit better but that'll be another year.

JPP hopefully will recover and get back to his old self but it's not guaranteed that he returns to form. that leaves us with DaMonster as the future.

With all of the scrutiny on the lack of pass rush and it being so important to the identity of the team i think DE will be the focus.

I agree. Unless there's another top guard prospect available and we're picking in the teens. I think the Giants are set with Beatty at LT and Pugh at RT. It has been the interior thats been the problem, and I get the thinking behind Matthews then moving Beatty to RT, Pugh to guard, but I doubt they'll do that. I think they'll keep them where they are, because they trust in Beatty and paid him blindside money and then drafted Pugh to play RT and he's been absolutely fine.

I also think that the OL issue is going to be addressed immediately via F/A and not have to wait for a potential rookie in the draft. It's been a glaring weakness especially in the run game.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
GEE MEN wrote:

Agreed. Nice article on Pugh. Ross Tucker compares him to other tackles from his draft class. The kid is getting noticed. As he gets a bit stronger I can see a pro bowl for him. His technique is fantastic.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/10/ex-nfl_lineman_giants_justin_pugh_has_outplayed_nfl_drafts_top_picks.html

Quote:
"When he gets beat, he doesn't go into a frenzy. I've seen offensive line coaches in this league have psychiatrists on the sideline for these guys," former NFL lineman and current FOX analyst Brian Baldinger said. "But he doesn't look like he needs that."

hes the eli manning of tackles LOL. just shrug it off

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
GEE MEN wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

I agree. Unless there's another top guard prospect available and we're picking in the teens. I think the Giants are set with Beatty at LT and Pugh at RT. It has been the interior thats been the problem, and I get the thinking behind Matthews then moving Beatty to RT, Pugh to guard, but I doubt they'll do that. I think they'll keep them where they are, because they trust in Beatty and paid him blindside money and then drafted Pugh to play RT and he's been absolutely fine.

I also think that the OL issue is going to be addressed immediately via F/A and not have to wait for a potential rookie in the draft. It's been a glaring weakness especially in the run game.

Pugh was lining up at Tackle and Guard in the preseason. He had to start at RT because of the injury to Diehl / the realization that Diehl can no longer play tackle. So I wouldn't say that they drafted him specifically to be their RT only. They drafted him for his versatility. That being said, if he's playing so well, I can see them keeping him right where he is.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been an Andre Brown supported, but I'll admit I didn't think he would have this much of an impact. He carried the offense today. So many runs where it didn't look like he was going to get the first down but he fought and carried guys or ran them over. Hopefully he can stay healthy and inspire the rest of the team.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
I've always been an Andre Brown supported, but I'll admit I didn't think he would have this much of an impact. He carried the offense today. So many runs where it didn't look like he was going to get the first down but he fought and carried guys or ran them over. Hopefully he can stay healthy and inspire the rest of the team.

Like I said earlier in this thread. Brown has excellent vision and patience. When nothing is there he stays cool, cuts back and feels his way for positive yards. Wilson hasn't learned how to do this yet. He just runs up his lineman. I certainly don't like Brown getting 30 carries out of the gate though. Figured they would ease him back. But I guess you have to ride the hot hand.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: