Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you think about Santonio Holmes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one have never liked Santonio Holmes. I think he's overrated and is one of the most selfish guys in the NFL. I could deal with him being a diva a little bit if he produced but he hasn't and doesn't. He refuses to play banged up in a sport where it's expected, no one is ever 100%. Over his 56 games with the Jets, he's only caught 133 passes for 1,915yds and 16TDs. For a guy that's making 7.5mill, he needs to produce and play more like a top WR. He's done IMO and I can't wait until we cut him in the offseason hopefully.
Sack Exchange

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Holmes Reply with quote

By far my least favorite Jet. Arrogant, injury prone (or acts like he is), and his production does not match his baggage. Yeah TO had a big mouth, but for the majority of his career he backed it up. I can stomach a diva WR if he's putting up track meet numbers. For the most part the Pittsburgh Steelers do things right and when they decide to let you go it's usually for a good reason. If Holmes retired tomorrow or was traded for a box of footballs I doubt I would lose any sleep over it.
JETSFOOTBALL25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when ever he makes a first down catch. he put his hand out and drops the ball. No matter what, even when we are losing. I can't stand that.

when is healthy and playing, yea he's great. but definitely not worth the contract he got.
kilahchris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Holmes Reply with quote

Sack Exchange wrote:
By far my least favorite Jet. Arrogant, injury prone (or acts like he is), and his production does not match his baggage. Yeah TO had a big mouth, but for the majority of his career he backed it up. I can stomach a diva WR if he's putting up track meet numbers. For the most part the Pittsburgh Steelers do things right and when they decide to let you go it's usually for a good reason. If Holmes retired tomorrow or was traded for a box of footballs I doubt I would lose any sleep over it.

Exactly. The guy was let go after winning superbowl mvp honors! That is almost unheard of in the NFL. He had to be a major cancer in that locker room
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether we like it or not, the key to having a shot at making the playoffs.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Holmes is a outstanding receiver, the queation is will he ever be back?????
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. With Kerley out for awhile, we do need Holmes back to make the playoffs. Guys like Nelson and Salas just aren't gonna cut it against better competition.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting him back will be helpful.

If nothing else, it will draw attention away from Hill, who isn't ready to be the focus of a defense yet.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Whether we like it or not, the key to having a shot at making the playoffs.

Yup absolutely, we have to make the best of him while we have him.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of us don't like Holmes now, but yeah we all realize that we need him since he does make our offense better. I can't wait to get rid of him in the offseason, but for now we need him to play since Kerley is gonna be out a few weeks now. Getting him and Winslow back can be huge for Geno, hopefully they have a great practice next week going into the Buffalo game.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
green24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so much Holmes that we need, as much as it is his role. We need a #1 receiver that Geno can trust and can take coverage off of Hill. Holmes can fill that role for now.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we get Holmes back for our next game, Hill must step up, there is nothing that make me believe he can do the Job. He has size & speed, and can jump, but his three years at George Tech he only caught 49 passes. Last week he came up empty, and i did not see any double team on him. Hill has all the tools, but after a year & a half he has shown next to nothing. It just seems he just can't get open. I would love to see him prove me wrong.
kilahchris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Even if we get Holmes back for our next game, Hill must step up, there is nothing that make me believe he can do the Job. He has size & speed, and can jump, but his three years at George Tech he only caught 49 passes. Last week he came up empty, and i did not see any double team on him. Hill has all the tools, but after a year & a half he has shown next to nothing. It just seems he just can't get open. I would love to see him prove me wrong.

Alot of Stephen Hill's struggles are the result of poor route running.
He often gets jammed up at the line of scrimmage and it disrupts his entire route.

He is the type of reciever that is a day one pick soley on athleticism and potential. Very reminicent of troy williamson from South Carolina. I dont think he will be much of a receiver on the NFL Level
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year Hill showed a couple of flashes, but didn't always produce when the ball was thrown to him. This year he has shown more flashes especially for huge plays and he HAS produced when the ball is thrown to him him. However, the ball has not been thrown to him a lot. None of us can say it's because he's running poor routes or getting jammed or Geno doesn't want to look his way or Geno misses him being open.

It's probably a combo of everything and the perfect storm for a breakout next year. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Last year Hill showed a couple of flashes, but didn't always produce when the ball was thrown to him. This year he has shown more flashes especially for huge plays and he HAS produced when the ball is thrown to him him. However, the ball has not been thrown to him a lot. None of us can say it's because he's running poor routes or getting jammed or Geno doesn't want to look his way or Geno misses him being open.

It's probably a combo of everything and the perfect storm for a breakout next year. Twisted Evil

Stephen Hill is not getting open period. I see it every sunday. There are times when Geno would target him, but he simply cannot throw the ball his way because Stephen Hill is not getting any seperation. Trust me the guy is not going to be anything special in the NFL. He was a risky pick worth taking last year. I've seen alot of unpolished receivers get drafted early based on a few college highlight reels and their combine numbers. He is better athlete then football player. I hope he can turn it around but I do not see a big year for him this year or next year!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: