Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would You Sign Jay Ratliff?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Would You Sign Jay Ratliff? Reply with quote

Chicago has shown interest, and Jay would obviously need to pass a physical to get the contract, but he is a solid pas rushing DT and I am fully confident that Melton could be a DT or DE at a high level in the Tampa 2, so would you sign both of them to short contracts to try and get an immediate pass rush? And how much would you be willing to put out for if so?

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/9906583/jay-ratliff-meets-kansas-city-chiefs-chicago-bears
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes I would provided that he's healthy enough to play at a high level.

It can't hurt to add an experienced vet like Ratliff to a team that sorely needs a pass rush of any type.

Wootton is playing out of place at DT and Cohen isn't impactful enough to be an every down lineman.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah definitely. Sign him to a a contract for the rest of the season and see how he holds up. If his injury reoccurs then we let him walk in the offseason, if he holds up then we give him a new contract.

Judging by how his agent described his injury I don't expect him to hold up (and that is with NO medical background), but it's still worth a shot imo. At this point, what do we have to lose?

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read some of the discussion on the general thread and it sounds like cowboy fans are pissed that he basically lied about his medical condition.

As a one year rental I would be totally ok with signing him if healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do eet!
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cause I only have $1 in my wallet Sad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All about the $...it's why Richard Seymour is sitting at home...if Ratliff was prepared to come in for vet min then sure I would give him a go if he checks out medically.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering because of our cap restrictions. to be able to afford him we would likely have to do a 2 year deal, with a heavy backload. Such as a 2 year, $7 million deal, with the min this year and the rest next season, and likely with a high percentage guaranteed (maybe $6 to be more enticing for him to sign in CHI?).

That being said, if he is healthy and committed, this could be a huge upside move for the Bears this year and especially next year with Melton back on the line. I would love to see Melton, Paea, Ratcliff, Wooten as our starting DL. And there is the potential of getting a new DT or DE in FA or the draft, and rotate in Washington and Bass at DE. On obvious passing downs a line up of Melton, Wooten, Ratcliff, and Washington/Bass should be able to generate much more pressure than what we have had all year.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: