Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: Dolphins @ Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
For those Blasting us in our forum. Saying Mike something is talking about about how they did not get any favorable calls. here you go

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
The other looked like a batted ball in real-time (which is all the refs have) and a marginal call on the replay - I can see why it was called, especially as the ball traveled about 15 yards.

No reason you can't pick up the flag though. This isn't the NBA. Unless you can't review that call. In which case it's unfortunate that the ref missed it to begin with. The defender's arm looked to me like he was trying to scoop it, his arm was traveling in an arc.

Vernon was very clearly trying to scoop it. Why would he hit it forward when the only person who had a chance to recover it was him? If he can get his hand on it, he should try to recover is which he did try to do. The refs saw that and decided that New England can't afford to lose 2 in a row. Kinda how they "won" against New Orleans.

Quote:
Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 4h

The batting play in NE is clear to me. #50 illegally bats it forward which you can't do. That is a penalty and correctly ruled.

Mike Pereira in on the conspiracy?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-week-8-winners-losers-officials-exuberance-costs-033212273--nfl.html?vp=1

Yahoo is not buying it only peopling buying into it is Pats nation. Congrats to you all as fans, see you in December.

As we were told by everyone refs miss calls like the Jets pushing in the back on Gosts FG and they have to call it by the rule when they see it like with ours. Now everyone is whining because Pats werent the ones screwed over. And what some irrelevant yahoo writer says and how in your mind his opinion on rules is more valid than pereira is just insane.
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/28/nfl-steelers-raiders-broncos-redskins-dolphins-patriots-lions-cowboys-greg-bedard-week-8-decisive-moments/
Great walkthrough of Ninkovich's sack here. The Pats rushed 6 and the Dolphins blocked with 6, but Daniel Thomas blew the protection by blocking nobody, allowing Ninkovich to come in untouched from the edge.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They never called that flag when the Hair did it vs the Pats back in 2011.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan06 wrote:
I was at the game, I didn't realize Phins fans were so up in arms.

That makes the win that much more awesome.

The Dolphins are so pathetic that they just fit those fans perfectly.

This is completely uncalled for garbage from an ignorant fan and doesn't belong on a site like this.

As for the call and why we are mad. It stems from a very long history of bad calls that never go our way, many of which have been verified to be bad calls that directly cost us football games. So we are jaded to begin with. Add that we had lost 3 in a row after going 3-0 to start the season, and were in striking distance of beating the Pats, and you could understand some serious frustration.

Also, if that were the only bad call of the game, then so be it, but there were at least 5 game changing type of calls that were just flat out wrong calls. Myself and many Dolphin fans had already thrown our remotes across the room during the drive before that with the rediculous no call on the pushoff, and then the phantom defensive holding call.

To be honest I have noticed really bad officiating all season long. It seems to me like college football has much better officiating. Why is that the case?

In my opinion, IF that was indeed the right call then it's yet another really DUMB rule in the NFL on par with the tuck rule. Why in God's green earth would a player not be allowed to knock a live football out of the incoming arms of an opposing football player?? That's football. Next thing you know they will make it a penalty to knock the ball out of the hands of the QB who is trying to throw it.

Either way, good luck the rest of the season. I both hate and respect the Patriots for all that they have accomplished over the years. I can't wait for Brady to retire, but just our luck, you will find another amazing QB the same year and just keep on keeping on. Stay classy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/28/nfl-steelers-raiders-broncos-redskins-dolphins-patriots-lions-cowboys-greg-bedard-week-8-decisive-moments/
Great walkthrough of Ninkovich's sack here. The Pats rushed 6 and the Dolphins blocked with 6, but Daniel Thomas blew the protection by blocking nobody, allowing Ninkovich to come in untouched from the edge.

I've nicknamed Daniel Thomas "OLE" because he seems to do that once a game. I can't wait to get him off the Dolphins. What a waste of a draft pick when we could have drafted Mallett.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Jones was rightfully given a additional half of a sack, bringing his total up to 5. He is now a full sack ahead of Mingo for the rookie lead.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
patsfan06 wrote:
I was at the game, I didn't realize Phins fans were so up in arms.

That makes the win that much more awesome.

The Dolphins are so pathetic that they just fit those fans perfectly.

This is completely uncalled for garbage from an ignorant fan and doesn't belong on a site like this.

As for the call and why we are mad. It stems from a very long history of bad calls that never go our way, many of which have been verified to be bad calls that directly cost us football games. So we are jaded to begin with. Add that we had lost 3 in a row after going 3-0 to start the season, and were in striking distance of beating the Pats, and you could understand some serious frustration.

Also, if that were the only bad call of the game, then so be it, but there were at least 5 game changing type of calls that were just flat out wrong calls. Myself and many Dolphin fans had already thrown our remotes across the room during the drive before that with the rediculous no call on the pushoff, and then the phantom defensive holding call.

To be honest I have noticed really bad officiating all season long. It seems to me like college football has much better officiating. Why is that the case?

In my opinion, IF that was indeed the right call then it's yet another really DUMB rule in the NFL on par with the tuck rule. Why in God's green earth would a player not be allowed to knock a live football out of the incoming arms of an opposing football player?? That's football. Next thing you know they will make it a penalty to knock the ball out of the hands of the QB who is trying to throw it.

Either way, good luck the rest of the season. I both hate and respect the Patriots for all that they have accomplished over the years. I can't wait for Brady to retire, but just our luck, you will find another amazing QB the same year and just keep on keeping on. Stay classy.

I get what you're saying, however you should try and look at this whole situation from a Pats fan's perspective.

A couple weeks ago a call that is very inconsistently and rarely called lead directly to the Jets getting a second chance on a FG in OT, and in turn the win. Most Pats fans agree it was the right call, however even mentioning that it has not been called consistently had the entire FF forum come rushing to call the Pats fanbase a bunch of criers and to stop making excuses because, IN THE END REFS MAKE BAD CALLS AND IT ALL EVENS OUT.

Now, fast forward one week and the Pats get a few iffy calls go there way, NOT AT LEAST 5 GAME CHANGING CALLS LIKE YOU SAY, and the entire FF forum comes back and does a complete 180 saying how the league favors the Pats, and the refs won them the game, blah blah blah.

The truth is...the Pats played horribly and Dolphins lit it up the 1st half, then it was the opposite the 2nd half. You can't blame a missed and blocked FG on the refs. You can't blame your offensive line giving up around 5 or 6 sacks in one half of football on the refs. The Dolphins were simply outplayed in the 2nd half of the game.

As for the questionable calls....the swatting of the ball, by the definition of the rule, was 110% correct. Whether or not it is a "dumb" rule, that doesn't matter and you will get no sympathy here since absolutely no one gave Pats fans any against the Jets.

There were a couple of other questionable calls but they really weren't "game changers". There was also a bad call that took away a TD from the Pats.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

The holding on Gronkowski was awful, and I think every Pats fan would admit that.

The Dobson pushoff could go either way. Sure, it should have been called, but those penalties do go uncalled quite often.

The illegal batting of the ball was correctly called

Where are these other 2 "game changing" calls?

The thing that annoys me about this type of complaining is that it seems to disregard the number of opportunities the Dolphins had to make a play on offense or on defense. Sure, it sucks to have the refs blow a call that leads to a 1st down and a chunk of yardage. But not one of those calls - not one - was on a scoring play. The Dolphins could have overcome them, especially the ones earlier in the game. They had a halftime lead and came out and fell flat on their faces in the 2nd half. That's not the refs' fault.

It's like Raiders fans complaining about the Tuck Rule and totally ignoring that the Patriots still had to tie the game and the Raiders had the chance to stop New England in overtime and didn't. Sometimes calls, whether blown calls or esoteric rules, go against you. It happens to every team at some point.

The Dolphins had plenty of opportunities to come up with plays and didn't. You give up 152 yards rushing and turn the ball over 3 times, you're not going to win many games. The Dolphins had the Pats beat in the 1st half and got away from their game plan. They turned the ball over. They couldn't stop Ridley. That's a problem with coaching and execution, not the refs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

The holding on Gronkowski was awful, and I think every Pats fan would admit that.

The Dobson pushoff could go either way. Sure, it should have been called, but those penalties do go uncalled quite often.

The illegal batting of the ball was correctly called

Where are these other 2 "game changing" calls?

The thing that annoys me about this type of complaining is that it seems to disregard the number of opportunities the Dolphins had to make a play on offense or on defense. Sure, it sucks to have the refs blow a call that leads to a 1st down and a chunk of yardage. But not one of those calls - not one - was on a scoring play. The Dolphins could have overcome them, especially the ones earlier in the game. They had a halftime lead and came out and fell flat on their faces in the 2nd half. That's not the refs' fault.

It's like Raiders fans complaining about the Tuck Rule and totally ignoring that the Patriots still had to tie the game and the Raiders had the chance to stop New England in overtime and didn't. Sometimes calls, whether blown calls or esoteric rules, go against you. It happens to every team at some point.

The Dolphins had plenty of opportunities to come up with plays and didn't. You give up 152 yards rushing and turn the ball over 3 times, you're not going to win many games. The Dolphins had the Pats beat in the 1st half and got away from their game plan. They turned the ball over. They couldn't stop Ridley. That's a problem with coaching and execution, not the refs.

You're well thought out, reasonable well articulated post is just a weak excuse to cover up the truth that the NFL purposely makes bad calls and makes up dumb rules on the spot to screw over the Dolphins. But of course you're too much of a blind homer to see it.

Do you remember when the Pats were 1-15?
Adopt-a-Patriot 2014: Kenbrell Tompkins - Wide Receiver
Catches: 5 Yards: 37 Touchdowns: 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Page 32 of 32

Jump to: