Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rg3 says he can't control what wrs say

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Rg3 says he can't control what wrs say Reply with quote

I don't know if any of you listened to Sanatana Moss' interview yesterday with Lavar and Dukes on 106.7 the fan, but it was great.

What struck me most was Lavar and Sanatana's conversation about Pierre Garcon's comments after the Broncos game.

Quote:
Pierre Garcon had some harsh words to say about the Redskins’ passing game. When asked about it after the loss to the Broncos, Garcon seemed to call out those involved in the passing game.

“It doesn’t matter if we play the worst team in the league on defense,” he said. “If we suck at passing, we suck at passing.”

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/10/30/santana-moss-bothered-by-pierre-garcons-comments/

Santana's response:

Quote:
“We all a part of the passing game, as receivers,” Moss said, after pausing to choose his words carefully. “Regarding whether we suck or aren't the best, it's not my job to come out here and tell you that. It's not my job to go out there and tell someone asking a question about what's going on, what's going on in house. Everybody see what's going on, but everybody don't know what's going on. So, getting back to what I've always said, if that's your opinion, find a way to keep your opinion to yourself and express it around where it need to be expressed. In house, with the guys. And that's the only way you can solve that. We can't get better talking about what we suck at. Especially when it comes to addressing something you a part of.

“As receivers, we don't throw the ball to ourselves,” he continued. “We understand that. But if you have a problem, and if it's a problem, you address the people that has control over getting you the ball.”

Moss admitted that Garcon’s public criticism bothered him, especially when asked if it was a veiled shot at Robert Griffin III.

I totally agree with Sanatana here, and so did mark Brunell in an interview I think on NFLN. Both of them are saying that you go to the Qb and discuss it with them, or you go to the coaching staff. You keep it in house (no matter how frustrated you are) you don't go to the media. If Garçon has a problem with RG3 and other wrs, he needed to go discuss it with them and with Kyle.

Brunell said if he had a problem with jimmy smith back in the day, he'd go sit down talk to him iron it out and move on.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Sanatana Moss - Pierre Garçon needs to keep it "in Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I don't know if any of you listened to Sanatana Moss' interview yesterday with Lavar and Dukes on 106.7 the fan, but it was great.

What struck me most was Lavar and Sanatana's conversation about Pierre Garcon's comments after the Broncos game.

Quote:
Pierre Garcon had some harsh words to say about the Redskins’ passing game. When asked about it after the loss to the Broncos, Garcon seemed to call out those involved in the passing game.

“It doesn’t matter if we play the worst team in the league on defense,” he said. “If we suck at passing, we suck at passing.”

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/10/30/santana-moss-bothered-by-pierre-garcons-comments/

Santana's response:

Quote:
“We all a part of the passing game, as receivers,” Moss said, after pausing to choose his words carefully. “Regarding whether we suck or aren't the best, it's not my job to come out here and tell you that. It's not my job to go out there and tell someone asking a question about what's going on, what's going on in house. Everybody see what's going on, but everybody don't know what's going on. So, getting back to what I've always said, if that's your opinion, find a way to keep your opinion to yourself and express it around where it need to be expressed. In house, with the guys. And that's the only way you can solve that. We can't get better talking about what we suck at. Especially when it comes to addressing something you a part of.

“As receivers, we don't throw the ball to ourselves,” he continued. “We understand that. But if you have a problem, and if it's a problem, you address the people that has control over getting you the ball.”

Moss admitted that Garcon’s public criticism bothered him, especially when asked if it was a veiled shot at Robert Griffin III.

I totally agree with Sanatana here, and so did mark Brunell in an interview I think on NFLN. Both of them are saying that you go to the Qb and discuss it with them, or you go to the coaching staff. You keep it in house (no matter how frustrated you are) you don't go to the media. If Garçon has a problem with RG3 and other wrs, he needed to go discuss it with them and with Kyle.

Brunell said if he had a problem with jimmy smith back in the day, he'd go sit down talk to him iron it out and move on.

I loved Garcon's candidness. He's frustrated. Probably right to go in house first and I believe he probably has on many occassions. It was in the heat of the moment when he said those things. He WANTS to WIN and takes it hard when we aren't. I wish others took it as hard instead of us seeing them smiling and happy when walking back to the locker room after having your butt beat badly.

Re- RG3, every notice how he calls Shanhan, Mike, when everyone else calls him Coach or Mr Shanahan. Shades of Clinton Portis and Danny developing here.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Rg3 almost always calls Mike Shanahan and Kyle - "coach."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/30/redskins-robert-griffin-cant-control-what-receivers-say/?xid=nl_siextra

Quote:
Griffin, who has a 79.2 passer rating this season after posting a 102.4 rating in 2012, was asked what he thought of those comments and others.

“These are grown men,” Griffin said, via the team’s website. ”I can’t control what they say. Obviously, we’re all in this together and everybody’s going to be frustrated here and there. But the only way for us to get better is to stick together, and that’s what we have to do. I make sure no one becomes a cancer on the team.”

“I think everybody has opinions about it but we’re the only ones who know what’s going on. It’s not my job to come up here and tell everybody what goes on in this organization. Our job is to keep that stuff in-house and to be sure we get better from it because it takes all of us.
Sounds like he took crib notes from Tana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: