Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our team performs poorly and no one is afraid of losing jobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Our team performs poorly and no one is afraid of losing jobs Reply with quote

One of the things I really liked about Gibbs 1.0 was that he had no problem benching or cutting a guy if he didn't perform. People played harder because they knew that their livelihood was on the line if they performed poorly. Shanahan doesn't do a good job motivating his teams. Fear is a great motivator.

Is it time to start benching some of these poor performers?

Mike takes over calling plays- benching Kyle to focus on his QB development

Change up the offensive (true on all counts) line. Move Licht to center, bench montgomery( say its because he's injured if you need to save face externally) and put either Hurt, Lerib or Gettis at left guard. Tell Chester and Polumbus they have one more game to show they can do it or replace them next week with Compton and the one of the guards named above because if/when they lose Sunday the season is over and start preparing for next year. Jimmy Johnson was a master at this- play for the next year when the current season is over. Again, Shanahan has a chance to do this two years ago and didn't which is why we had to spend so much for RG3. Johnson said at the time that Shanahan was making a huge mistake and I thik he did as well. You are seeing teams especially in the NBA play for the future which is smart.

Start playing Brandon Jenkins or Tapp either at LB with Rak at DE or the other way around. Bowen is a warrior but he is hurt and has been ineffective.

Rambo did well last week at safety. Keep him there.

Get rid of Murphy or one of the other scrubs in the DB (Biggers)and bring up Minnefield to start playing Wilson's position part time. Wilson is at best a 3rd cornerback. I can see us going with DHall who has been playing for his new contract, Amerson, Minnefield as the thrid corner splitting time with Wilson, Rambo and Doughty/Gumbs at the safety's.

Rocca? Id have cut him last year and certainly after last week, but Shanahan has failed in some key player management issues.

If Shanahan screws around and loses Minnefield off of the practice squad he should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Most of this will never happen man.

2. Gibbs 1.0 didn't have a salary cap and had vets at his disposal in depth and other players stashed away on IR, that were good players. In the 80s it was like baseball is now, no cap, just pay guys as much as you wanted to.

3. Benching our two guards will mess a lot with the communication and continuity these guys have developed over the past three seasons.

LeRibeus and Gettis better than Kory L @ guard and Chester?

Not at the moment. Not until we're out of the playoffs.

4. There is no way mike is taking the playcalling responsibilities away from his son. I can't believe Snyder agreed to hire a father and son tandem. That's always doomed to fail. It's a rule, don't do business with family.

5. I agree about Rambo. Keep Rambo at FS, Rambo did what I hoped he'd do after being benched and deactivated, come out and redeem himself andplay well. I'd move Meriweather back to his natural SS. Then, we might have a good safety tandem for once.

6. I doubt Rocca gets cut, not Shanahan's style, but it's possible.

7. I agree about Minifield, he should be brought up. Then, we should have him as the #4 CB over Biggers. Make Biggers #5.

I'm not sure that happens though, because Biggers is Raheem Morris' boy from Tampa

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always confused about Meriweather .. Has he played more strong or free safety in his career ?? I thought he was a natural, Strong but we have him at free.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I'm always confused about Meriweather .. Has he played more strong or free safety in his career ?? I thought he was a natural, Strong but we have him at free.
My bad. I meant SS for Meriweather
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good teams lose players and keep winning. They also cut underperforming players .. Look at the Ravens -Just released Spears and Huff, two guys they signed as off season replacements. They brought up two P S guys..! Damn I wish we had that kinda conviction from our Coach/ G M
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Good teams lose players and keep winning. They also cut underperforming players .. Look at the Ravens -Just released Spears and Huff, two guys they signed as off season replacements. They brought up two P S guys..! Damn I wish we had that kinda conviction from our Coach/ G M
the Ravens have a scouting and development factory dating back a decade and a half since they drafted Ogden and Ray Lewis.

We don't have much talent on our practice squad but possibly Lance Lewis, Nick Williams as a slot receiver and return man and Will Compton the ILB from Nebraska.

I do wish we had brought up Will Compton when Kehl tore his ACL, but since we signed Josh Hull, our coverage has been better.

I actually hope we give a look to Spears and Huff. Eventhough Rambo played better last game and Meriweather has played well when he stays on the field and plays legal, I wanted both players last offseason.

Especially Huff for FS.

I'm not so sure who we'd cut to sign Spears, because he'd just be depth. I don't think at this point you cut a team leader and second longest tenured redskin - Golston - nor two young developing/depth players - Neild and Baker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: