Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sidney Rice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobob123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the side that says Rice is a 'solid' WR but not a true #1, and he is not worth what the Hawks are paying him...

But, I'll also hold my breath until I see what adding Harvin can do for Rice...

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that Rice is done for the year with torn ACL, I think he's played his last snap for the 'Hawks. I think he'll get a shot with another team when he's recovered, but I just don't see his body holding up at the NFL level much longer. I hope he's prepared for life after football.

Sheldon Cooper
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember when SoS would disagree with me when i said Rice was "injury prone." he felt he was "injury ridden" instead.

what's the difference?

no big whoop to you guys, both the Vikings and the 'Hawks got the best out of Rice he had to offer in his short career. you guys will be fine without him.

carry on.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to sound like I'm totally dismissing Rice's contributions to this team and what he brought to the field, because he did bring a proven on-field ability and opposing teams were forced to respect what he could do. He will be missed on the field because Jermaine Kearse is not fully developed as a WR and is not a #1 WR threat.

That said, our offense wasn't based around Sidney Rice and so his statistics were always going to be minimized. His intangibles may be missed, but I can't really speak as to whether he is a good locker room presence or a great downfield blocker. I do know he has missed enough time with injuries that the team should be able to cope pretty well with this.

I think Tate should move outside and work as a deep threat more. We all saw the play he made over Jenkins on the 80 yard TD catch. He is obviously not a great route runner or a consistent deep threat, but he has the desire to make plays. Get him in one on one deep and just put it up there for him. Tate could be out best option across from Kearse on the outside. That leaves Harvin and Baldwin to function as our slot recievers.

Sheldon Cooper
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It confuses me when people say Tate should move outside. That's really all he ever plays

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
It confuses me when people say Tate should move outside. That's really all he ever plays

Yeah, he rarely lines up inside. Tate may look like a slot receiver but his route running isn't good enough to be one.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why people are thinking Sidney's career is over. Maybe with the hawks, but he will recover and find another job if so. He might get injured again but he would be a solid addition to a team if he can recover well from this ACL. I'd like to see him go to the Patriots. He's still relatively young

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
I don't know why people are thinking Sidney's career is over. Maybe with the hawks, but he will recover and find another job if so. He might get injured again but he would be a solid addition to a team if he can recover well from this ACL. I'd like to see him go to the Patriots. He's still relatively young

Sadly, he has the wear-and-tear of somebody beyond his age though. Is his career over? Unlikely, but his days in the NFL are numbered.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

You're right. I guess it's because he is used like an outside slot receiver. He gets targeted more on short or quick hitting routes to get him the ball in space so he can use his playmaking ability.

Maybe the coaching staff needs to start forcing the action downfield to Tate more. It's gonna be tough because Russ plays it pretty safe, but there will be times when Tate is in one on one coverage outside and Russ needs to start putting those balls up there more if he has the time to set up and actually make the throws behind our turnstile o-line. The TD catch vs the Rams was a perfect example of that.

Sheldon Cooper
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

time to start throwing to willson and miller more over the middle

or did bevell forget they exist?

even if they're blocking 90% of the time, we need to employ them in the passing game HARD the other 10%

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: