You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1 round mock draft with explanations(feedback encouraged)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

how bad is it
reaaal bad
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
bad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
decent
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
good
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

osuhoose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: 1 round mock draft with explanations(feedback encouraged) Reply with quote

1st Round
1. OAKLAND RAIDERS- JaMarcus Russell QB-LSU
You know they're taking a QB and I think they'll lean towards Russell due to his strong arm and his style of play fits the Raiders.
2. DETROIT LIONS- Brady Quinn QB-Notre Dame
2 words Jon Kitna
3/4. CLEVELAND BROWNS- Joe Thomas OT-Wisconsin
Peterson could be a possibility, but O-line has always been the problem for the Browns, I think they'll finally fix it.
3/4. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS-Calvin Johnson WR-Georgia Tech
Michael Clayton has disappeared since his breakout season in 2004 and they are in desperate need of a playmaker. Calvin is the biggest playmaker in the draft.
5. ARIZONA CARDINALS- Levi Brown OT-Penn State
They have all the weapons on offense to start putting up major points if they could just solidify their O-line. A bit of a reach but O-line is a major need for the Cardinals.
6. WASHINGTON REDSKINS- Gaines Adams DE-Clemson
Adams is a great talent and the Skins won't be able to pass on him if he's there.
7. MINNESOTA VIKINGS- Dwayne Jarrett WR-USC
The Vikings don't want to enter another season with Travis Taylor as their #1 Reciever. Jarrett has proven his ability in college and is a much safer pick than the speedy but raw Ginn.
8. HOUSTON TEXANS- Adrian Peterson RB-Oklahoma
If Peterson can stay healthy he is definitely a franchise back. He is built to run in the NFL and with the Texans not having a playmaker outside of Andre Johnson since the beginning of their franchise, Peterson is a great pick here.
9. MIAMI DOLPHINS- Alan Branch DT-Michigan
Many want the Dolphins to go QB here, but Quinn isn't available and I have heard they like Cleo Lemon a lot. Therefore they will shift to defense and Branch is the BPA here.
10. ATLANTA FALCONS- Ted Ginn Jr. WR-Ohio State
Most people have them going on the defensive side of the ball, but their receivers dropped balls all year long making it even harder on Vick who already battles accuracy issues. They'll try to end their WR woes and continue their emphasis on team speed and take Ginn.
11. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS- Reggie Nelson S-Florida
Too early for a CB which some people have them taking, and with Ginn off the board the Niners will probably shift their focus to playmakers on the defense. With Nelson's big performance in the Championship and his great playmaking ability the Niners will take him over Landry, who many think is the #1 Safety in the draft.
12. BUFFALO BILLS- Jamaal Anderson DE-Arkansas
With Losman and the offense making big strides and surprisingly having a pretty good year, the shift is on the D-line and Anderson is probably the best D-lineman available here(even though I am not sold on him).
13. ST. LOUIS RAMS- Amobi Okoye DT-Louisville
Rams had a bad run D and will try to fill up the middle with Okoye.(Although as bad as ULs run D looked against WV I am not sure how they have a first round pick on the DL)
14. CAROLINA PANTHERS- LaRon Landry S-LSU
Probably the best safety in the draft, Carolina will be thrilled if he's on the board for their pick and will almost definitely take him if he's there.
15. PITTSBURGH STEELERS- Quentin Moses DE-Georgia
A lot of potential. Steelers will go with BPA here. This could end up being an overpick or a steal. Moses is one of the biggest question marks in the draft.
16. GREEN BAY PACKERS- Marshawn Lynch RB-Cal
While their defense struggled a lot early on in the year they are young and got better as the season went along making Lynch an easy pick here for the Packers. Especially if Favre decides on one more year, the Pack will want to give him some offensive weapons to work with.
17. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS- Patrick Willis LB-Ole Miss
They were hoping one of the great wrs would fall to them but they will have to build depth at the linebacker position, making their defense even tougher.
18. CINCINNATI BENGALS- Michael Griffin S-Texas
Definitely the BPA here, and the Bengals may not be able to pass him up.
19. TENNESSEE TITANS- Daymeion Hughes CB-Cal
I believe Hughes is the best corner in the draft and the Titans will pair him with PacMan and give the Titans one of the better cornerback duos in the league.
20. NEW YORK GIANTS- Darrelle Revis CB-Pitt
The Giants need a corner pretty badly and Revis is the best corner left, to some even the best corner in the draft.
21. DENVER BRONCOS- Jarvis Moss DE-Florida
Their D-line overachieved in '06 and they will probably fall back to their regular production very soon and even if they don't depth at D-line never hurt.
22. DALLAS COWBOYS- Lamar Woodley DE-Michigan
Outside of Ware, nobody on the team could reach the QB. This is why Woodley would be a great pick because he is an incredible pass rusher
23. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS- Sidney Rice WR-South Carolina
Did you see their offense in the playoffs? They have to go on the offensive side of the ball and where else to start but WR, which has always been a problem for them.
24. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS- Paul Posluszny LB-Penn State
A beast at Penn State. They will fill their big need in a couple picks, and they need to add some speth at LB.
25. NEW YORK JETS- Adam Carricker DE-Nebraska
Looking at their offense on paper you would think they would be terrible, but with Pennington's strength being dinking and dunking the ball down the field, they don't need a whole lot of playmakers because he doesn't get the ball down the field too much anyway. So they will probably beef up their D and take this big DE.
26. PHILIDELPHIA EAGLES- Lawrence Timmons LB-Florida State
Not sure where their need is because they dont have any glaring holes, and LB is always a good way to go. The Eagles won't like their pick no matter who they take anyways so it doesn't matter.
27. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS- Marcus McCauley CB-Fresno State
Fred Thomas was embarrasing in the playoffs. I could have knocked down the pass to Berrian that started the unraveling of the Saints. They have to get a corner opposite McKenzie.
28. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS- Robert Meachem WR-Tennessee
Caldwell and Gaffney as their starting WR's didnt kill them this year but I would get Brady some help and take some of the pressure off of him(even though he can obviously handle it).
29. BALTIMORE RAVENS- Tony Ugoh OT-Arkansas
With their O-line and Ja Lewis continuing to slip, they have to take either OL or RB and considering there aren't any worthy RBs then O-line is the pick for the Ravens.
30. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS- Dwayne Bowe WR-LSU
All they need to have an unstoppable offense is Rivers to progress more and a great WR(well and a coach who doesn't get scared in the playoffs).
31/32. CHICAGO BEARS- Rufus Alexander LB-Oklahoma
Not many holes in this team, the position where they are worst off may be QB but with Grossman playing well in the playoffs and getting them into the Super Bowl they'll clearly stick with him and LB depth may be their next biggest issue.
31/32. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS- H.B. Blades LB-Pitt
Everyone knows they need help stopping the run and Blades would be a start towards filling one of the few holes in their team.

2nd Round
35/36.CLEVELAND BROWNS- Troy Smith QB-Ohio State
Not going to lie, this is just who I am hoping they take.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good pick for browns.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect you for giving us the option of real bad Laughing

but im afraid im gonna have to use it, you dont know anything about the dolphins. Branch doesnt fit in our system and we are not very high on Cleo Lemon, he is not starter material and hes a free agent so he might not even be back.

Jamaal Anderson would be the pick or possibly Willis. Though if Jarrett, Quinn and Brown werent gone it would be either of them

FF Member #67
Fishfan79

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9. MIAMI DOLPHINS- Alan Branch DT-Michigan
Many want the Dolphins to go QB here, but Quinn isn't available and I have heard they like Cleo Lemon a lot. Therefore they will shift to defense and Branch is the BPA here.

HE is not a NT, he doesn’t fit the 3-4 Well at all!

Jamaal Anderson, Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett
lemlem24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the Cardinals need help on the O-line, but Levi Brown at the 5 spot is absolutely rediculous. If the Cards want Levi Brown that bad, they can trade down and still pick him up around 15-20. I like the Giants pick though.
stout42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You stretched it with Levi Brown and Ted Ginn Jr. so high...especially with Ginn going to the Falcons, they already have 3 former 1st rounders on their team...You did a good job on the packers pick
Gang_Green03

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Jets pick.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin is a solid pick for the Bengals, but the more I see him lately, i'm thinking Posluszny may be a strong possibility to be the Bengals new WLB.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

10. ATLANTA FALCONS- Ted Ginn Jr. WR-Ohio State
Most people have them going on the defensive side of the ball, but their receivers dropped balls all year long making it even harder on Vick who already battles accuracy issues. They'll try to end their WR woes and continue their emphasis on team speed and take Ginn.

WE WILL NOT TAKE A FIRST ROUND WR! especially not one with horrible hands and route running. we have no need for a first day wR unless it is Calvin Johnson. We won't take Ginn either. not even close to worth a top 10 pick. we need DE, S or RB here and would get DE Jamaal Anderson here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

26. PHILIDELPHIA EAGLES- Lawrence Timmons LB-Florida State
Not sure where their need is because they dont have any glaring holes, and LB is always a good way to go. The Eagles won't like their pick no matter who they take anyways so it doesn't matter.

The Eagles haven't selected a LB in the first round since 1979 and they're not going to start now unless patrick willis magically falls to them. Plus they drafted Chris Gocong in the third round last year to play SAM.

S, DE or CB.
osuhoose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stout42 wrote:
You stretched it with Levi Brown and Ted Ginn Jr. so high...especially with Ginn going to the Falcons, they already have 3 former 1st rounders on their team...You did a good job on the packers pick

Ginn going #10 is not a stretch at all..I would not be shocked if he went even higher..I know his route running is poor but some coaches will look at his talent and speed and be blown away..Teams always overpick on the speedy freak athletic type players even if they have a lot of work to do
osuhoose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input.

I know I stretched on a couple of picks. But teams do that so I'm just going out on a limb for some of these.

I guess I don't know much about the Dolphins. Maybe Branch won't be the pick, but I guarantee Lemon is back next year and will get a shot(barring a Culpepper return to form).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: