Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 Phins vs Pats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judson49

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
There were some bad calls. But at the end of the day Miami played a horrible second half. ZERO points in the 2nd half ZERO!!! We can blame the refs all we want but at the end of the day we didn't score enough points to win.

The Dolphins unraveled this is true. But the margins between winning and losing in the NFL are so slight. To have a game on the road, within the division officiated as poorly as it was makes it almost impossible to win.

3 scoring drives extended by two awful calls, and one judgement but highly, highly, highly dubious call. There is no way whatsoever that the Dolphins get that call on the fumble if the situation is reversed.

The loss to the Saints was horrifically demoralising in the predictability of how it went. The loss to the Ravens was eye wateringly painful to behold. The loss to Buffalo was pretty disgraceful considering all the elements.

This loss? The stats are pretty clear that teams don't win often in New England, and AFC East teams don't beat New England all that often regardless. To face that fact and compete with them and to have so many opportunities handed to the Pats - it's pretty darn poor.

By the way has anyone confirmed why we didn't challenge that catch on the sideline? Was it definitely out?
Manic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to see a video of it too. I have direct TV so i watched it about 4 times and thought it was a catch. He got the one foot down which you can clearly see, the other foot is harder but if you look behind the defenders feet you can see matthews dragging his other foot in bounds. Looked like he had control too so to me it looked like a catch. Why we didnt challange it i have no clue, but it was a bad coaching decision not too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man we need to stop nickle & dimeing to make excuses for letting Balt, Buff & N.E. off the hook.
The Pats do what they do, find ways to win by contrast we do the opposite.
What ... we didn't forsee Brady actually doing what he's done to us the past 10 yrs ???

Please
sug
Judson49

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Man we need to stop nickle & dimeing to make excuses for letting Balt, Buff & N.E. off the hook.
The Pats do what they do, find ways to win by contrast we do the opposite.
What ... we didn't forsee Brady actually doing what he's done to us the past 10 yrs ???

Please
sug

I don't agree with the use of word "excuses" on this one. They were 3 calls that had a massive part to play in what was a close game, momentum was huge.

The Baltimore & Buffalo games? Excuseless. Just very, very poor.

The Baltimore loss was classic Dolphins, opportunity to make statement and go 4-1....unsurprisingly wasted.

Buffalo....beyond awful.
Manic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i dont remember many of us making excuses for those loses. Just the result of bad play calling and tanny turnovers. Most were just wanting a firesale and fire ireland.

This loss just hits me hard cus it was just a dominating 1st half, but then the refs decided they wanted to leave there mark on the game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else as frustrated by Tannehill's complete lack of pocket awareness as I was in the 2nd half yesterday? Just brutal. Held onto the ball WAY too long; didn't move when he should have; etc. Just horrible. The Oline wasn't any great shakes, but they were better. Apparently Clabo really was that bad.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
Anyone else as frustrated by Tannehill's complete lack of pocket awareness as I was in the 2nd half yesterday? Just brutal. Held onto the ball WAY too long; didn't move when he should have; etc. Just horrible. The Oline wasn't any great shakes, but they were better. Apparently Clabo really was that bad.
His pocket presence is whats holding him back right now its frustrating beyond belief. He looks robotic in the pocket doesn't know when to step into the pocket side step or get outside to buy time. 75 percent of the league is having trouble protecting QB's we are using it as a crutch to much granted it can be a lot better. One thing that is hurting is we don't have a back who can block and be a safety valve out of the back field for Tannehill at the same time. I still believe in him a lot actually the coaching staff needs to sit with him and show him tape of some of the better QB's and how they buy time. He is too damn athletic to look so robotic and stand flat footed in one spot through his whole read. I am in the minority but I believe the most disappointing part of our team this year is the defense above all else
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so disgusted with the officiating in that game that I barely even want to watch the rest of the season. If they were not instructed to give the Pats all the calls/non calls in order to get the Pats to the playoffs and get better ratings, then they all deserve to be demoted to high school football games. That's how bad it was. 3 bad calls? What game were you watching? There were at least twice that, and that's not including all the usual missed holding calls on Cam Wake once again. These are just a few in the fourth quarter alone...

1. Brady completes a 30 yard pass against Patterson. In the process the WR almost shoves Patterson to the ground right in front of the official then turns and catches the ball. No call? That's a 40 yard swing!

2. A few plays later we stop them on 4th down and everybody celebrates only to see a late flag thrown. The flag was for a phantom holding penalty against Patterson that reviews show never even came close to happening. Patterson hit the receiver 4 yards downfield, and the receiver fell down. If that's holding, then screw the NFL. I'll see better football in high school!!

3. Even if Vernon meant to bat the ball away, which is FAR from conclusive, how is that a penalty? I think the intent of the rule is to keep players from just batting the ball way backwords to back the other team up. To knock a fumble out of the incoming hands of the other team seems like a common sense good thing to do and I can't figure out for the life of me why that would be considered a penalty???

I don't understand what the hell Miami has done so wrong to officials, but it seems we are on the wrong end of bad officiating WAAAAYYYYY more times than on the good end. In the past couple of years we have had two different teams have a guy fumble the ball a full 2 yards before they scored, and both times it happened right in front of an official that missed it. One absolutely lost us a game we shouldn't have and the other was the single play that shifted the momentum of a game we were dominating up until that point. We ended up losing that game too.

I'm just going to stop watching the NFL this year. There always seems to be worse officiating in the NFL than in college and it's always against my team. At least UCF has a good team and the rules aren't stupid and the refs aren't stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
I was so disgusted with the officiating in that game that I barely even want to watch the rest of the season. If they were not instructed to give the Pats all the calls/non calls in order to get the Pats to the playoffs and get better ratings, then they all deserve to be demoted to high school football games. That's how bad it was. 3 bad calls? What game were you watching? There were at least twice that, and that's not including all the usual missed holding calls on Cam Wake once again. These are just a few in the fourth quarter alone...

1. Brady completes a 30 yard pass against Patterson. In the process the WR almost shoves Patterson to the ground right in front of the official then turns and catches the ball. No call? That's a 40 yard swing!

2. A few plays later we stop them on 4th down and everybody celebrates only to see a late flag thrown. The flag was for a phantom holding penalty against Patterson that reviews show never even came close to happening. Patterson hit the receiver 4 yards downfield, and the receiver fell down. If that's holding, then screw the NFL. I'll see better football in high school!!

3. Even if Vernon meant to bat the ball away, which is FAR from conclusive, how is that a penalty? I think the intent of the rule is to keep players from just batting the ball way backwords to back the other team up. To knock a fumble out of the incoming hands of the other team seems like a common sense good thing to do and I can't figure out for the life of me why that would be considered a penalty???

I don't understand what the hell Miami has done so wrong to officials, but it seems we are on the wrong end of bad officiating WAAAAYYYYY more times than on the good end. In the past couple of years we have had two different teams have a guy fumble the ball a full 2 yards before they scored, and both times it happened right in front of an official that missed it. One absolutely lost us a game we shouldn't have and the other was the single play that shifted the momentum of a game we were dominating up until that point. We ended up losing that game too.

I'm just going to stop watching the NFL this year. There always seems to be worse officiating in the NFL than in college and it's always against my team. At least UCF has a good team and the rules aren't stupid and the refs aren't stupid.
As fan's of a team we always tend to have a bias view just human nature but honestly I cant disagree with you and especially against the Patriots its beyond frustrating they are clearly the better team but that doesn't change the fact that I see the same thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: