Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is Gibbs saying is the #2 reciever????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Who is Gibbs saying is the #2 reciever???? Reply with quote

Is anyone a member of Warpathisiders.com?
They are running an article with the following byline:

Santana Moss has signed for #1 receiver money and he will certainly start. But who Joe Gibbs is considering starting opposite Moss may surprise you.

Who is it, and who does anyone think it may be?

Here is what I like, assuming 50/50 is gone and we dont sign anyone else

1. Santana Moss
2. Patton / I would really rather give Tayler Jacobs the shot here
3. McCants / Thrash

I have always been a big fan of Thrash's, he comes to play every down and no matter what job he is given he goes out and done it. Anyone remember him throwing the key block that let Portis run for 64yd on the first handoff last year? That was thrash, he is a gibbs player all the way.

Jacobs has potential to be a real good #2, I want him to get some playing time.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing it's either Jacobs or McCants, because Patten is better in the Slot, but i'd really like to know for sure.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's suppose to suprise me, then I'd say it's McCants.

I think Jacobs will be the #2 guy this year. I read somewhere that he was looking really good at the voluntary workouts.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think this year is the year Jacobs shows he was worth a second round pick?
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor-36 Portis-26 wrote:
You think this year is the year Jacobs shows he was worth a second round pick?

It should be in my opinion. It's his third season, and the 2nd in Gibbs' system. One of those guys has to step it up this season. Even though Moss is considered the #1 receiver, I doubt he'll hold up for an 80+ catch season. If Jacobs gets the job, I think he'll do well.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss is more of a 60-70 catch WR who can get around 1000 yds but most of all i'm hoping he adds the big play. I'm hoping Jacobs gets the job too, and it might've been foxsports weekly update where you saw that Jacobs has been impressing, because they mentioned him in it.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a subscription and they're saying that Gibbs wants Jacobs to step-up and earn a starting job. The article also states that Williams' doesn't plan on starting Carlos Rogers immediately. He said he doesn't want to pressure a DB and hurt his confidence by starting him too early.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
I have a subscription and they're saying that Gibbs wants Jacobs to step-up and earn a starting job. The article also states that Williams' doesn't plan on starting Carlos Rogers immediately. He said he doesn't want to pressure a DB and hurt his confidence by starting him too early.

That's good to hear about Jacobs, and as far as Rogers goes, Williams did the same thing with Taylor last year.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I am very eager to see what Jacobs could do in the #2 spot. Patton, McCants can all fight fo the slot as well at Thrash.

Rogers will be starting by game three or four and will never look back. I would say that it worked well with Taylor last year.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riggensghost wrote:
Rogers will be starting by game three or four and will never look back. I would say that it worked well with Taylor last year.

Game three would probably be a good time for him to start. Taylor started in game three and this year it's right after the bye week.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it works out perfectly for him to come in and the the nickelback in the first 2 games then have him come in week 4 and be the starter.
inkwell

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor-36 Portis-26 wrote:
Moss is more of a 60-70 catch WR who can get around 1000 yds but most of all i'm hoping he adds the big play. I'm hoping Jacobs gets the job too, and it might've been foxsports weekly update where you saw that Jacobs has been impressing, because they mentioned him in it.

I think that is fair expectation. Maybe more than I would guess for year end totals but he could certainly give them a big play on an every game basis, especially if sees time returning on special teams. I just think he will have to step up and show more consistency than he ever has to be a number one WR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: