Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Davante Adams WR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Davante Adams WR Reply with quote

He deserves his own forum at this point. I've been talking him up and you still don't know about him. 4 TDs tonight. The guy is just an absolute beast.

6'2" 4.4 42" vert. I call him Brandon Marshall.

He's a RS Soph so I full anticipate him to declare as Derek Carr will be gone after the year and he's already proven everything as last year caught 100+ and 13 TDs. He's got 11 TDs already this year and 700 yards

Like a 3rd rd grade right now. Complete joke.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has talent, i havent been able to watch him this year, Id suspect 3rd round is reasonable because of need for development and maturity. I'd prefer he'd stay to develop his route running and mature, don't rush good things they too often sour if you pick them too early, because more than likely they dont get to develop their game like they need to when they get to the pros.

...you have a forum resume?
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to be quite a few productive "big" WRs this year in the RS Soph/Junior ranks:

Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
Allen Robinson
Kelvin Benjamin
Brandon Coleman
Donte Moncrief
Kasen Williams
Davonte Adams
Jaelen Strong
Cody Hoffman

And that list is added to the Seniors:
Jordan Matthews
Jared Abbrederis
Devin Street

I think, at present time, all these guys would go in the top 3 rounds, so Adams will have a tough time trying to separate himself from this group. And then there are the other smurf studs as well, he'll have to compete with.

But I think you're right in that he's taking a gamble by staying in if he has two healthy, productive seasons, that it might be best for him to come out with Carr leaving.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget about:

JR Javonte Parker 6'2"
JR Marqise Lee 6'
JR Odell Beckham 6'

If you haven't seen Davante here's the video of his RS Freshman year. He looks strong this year, he goes up and gets the ball, and I just hope the Brandon Marshall comp doesn't stick bc he will shoot up the boards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoTWdXtHGV4

-- great at YAC, great size, great leaper, just a flat out stud. Probably could argue Fresno State system helps him, but many NFL teams run the spread
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
Don't forget about:

JR Javonte Parker 6'2"
JR Marqise Lee 6'
JR Odell Beckham 6'

If you haven't seen Davante here's the video of his RS Freshman year. He looks strong this year, he goes up and gets the ball, and I just hope the Brandon Marshall comp doesn't stick bc he will shoot up the boards.

-- great at YAC, great size, great leaper, just a flat out stud. Probably could argue Fresno State system helps him, but many NFL teams run the spread

I was looking at 6'1" or bigger, and don't think DaVonte Parker will be an early round guy, personally.

But yeah, he's a stud and has nice moves. Quick AND fast, which is a good combo.

chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
Don't forget about:

JR Javonte Parker 6'2"
JR Marqise Lee 6'
JR Odell Beckham 6'

I was looking at 6'1" or bigger, and don't think DaVonte Parker will be an early round guy, personally.

But yeah, he's a stud and has nice moves. Quick AND fast, which is a good combo.

I agree Bridgewater enhances Parker's skills.

I think the "big" cutoff should be 6' so that's why I added those guys. Look at
some of the all-time leading WRs and the likes of Tim Brown, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce were all 6' guys with moves, so that's why I included Marqise Lee who I think can easily be a Torry Holt. And I feel like Beckham has AB type ability but a little bit taller.

Look at this list and it's the exact reason why I say WRs are a dime a dozen. Just a ton of talent
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
Don't forget about:

JR Javonte Parker 6'2"
JR Marqise Lee 6'
JR Odell Beckham 6'

some of the all-time leading WRs and the likes of Tim Brown, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce were all 6' guys with moves, so that's why I included Marqise Lee who I think can easily be a Torry Holt. And I feel like Beckham has AB type ability but a little bit taller.

Look at this list and it's the exact reason why I say WRs are a dime a dozen. Just a ton of talent

Fair enough, but while those players were awesome, they still weren't considered "larger WRs", I don't think.

This year's crop of WRs has the potential, to be pretty special, if all these guys came out, but they won't.

But Davonte Adams does look to be a 1st Rd talent, and he'll have the stats to back it up. If he truly does run a 4.4 at 6'2", with his production, he'll be a 1st Rd guy and may challenge to be the 1st WR taken above Evans, Watkins, or Lee. We've all seen the guys that were after thoughts until the Senior Bowl/Combine/ProDay season, only to meteorically rise into the 1st Rd consideration.

chrisororke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
Don't forget about:

JR Javonte Parker 6'2"
JR Marqise Lee 6'
JR Odell Beckham 6'

Fair enough, but while those players were awesome, they still weren't considered "larger WRs", I don't think.

This year's crop of WRs has the potential, to be pretty special, if all these guys came out, but they won't.

But Davonte Adams does look to be a 1st Rd talent, and he'll have the stats to back it up. If he truly does run a 4.4 at 6'2", with his production, he'll be a 1st Rd guy and may challenge to be the 1st WR taken above Evans, Watkins, or Lee. We've all seen the guys that were after thoughts until the Senior Bowl/Combine/ProDay season, only to meteorically rise into the 1st Rd consideration.

I think he ran 4.48 in HS on his rivals site. He is legit 6'2" bc he looks that big on tape and I've seen him listed at 6'3", which is like T.O. and he's not that big

Yeah your right I wouldn't necessarily consider Timmy Brown a big WR. But like if he's going up against a 5'10" CB all day long he's gonna take him bc he's got the moves as well. I guess the 6' and 6'1" WR is like no man's land bc they're not midgets either, so let's say 6'2" is a big WR
ROFLcopter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
Don't forget about:

JR Javonte Parker 6'2"
JR Marqise Lee 6'
JR Odell Beckham 6'

I think he ran 4.48 in HS on his rivals site. He is legit 6'2" bc he looks that big on tape and I've seen him listed at 6'3", which is like T.O. and he's not that big

Yeah your right I wouldn't necessarily consider Timmy Brown a big WR. But like if he's going up against a 5'10" CB all day long he's gonna take him bc he's got the moves as well. I guess the 6' and 6'1" WR is like no man's land bc they're not midgets either, so let's say 6'2" is a big WR

Seen him live. He's 6-2, 216ish. The vert is legit, but I would put his 40 time more in the low 4.5s. That's not a bad thing....he reminds me of DeAndre hopkins with more athleticism, and Hopkins ran a 4.57 IIRC.

Ridiculous body control too. He owns the endzone.

He has one issue, and that's focus. He sometimes gets sloppy on the easy catches and goes to YAC mode before he brings it in completely. The coaches lit into him after he had a really bad game against Hawaii and it appears to have done him a world of good, he's destroyed his past two games.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evans all day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want no part of Evans in the 1st round. I have serious doubts about him in the NFL.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
chrisororke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I want no part of Evans in the 1st round. I have serious doubts about him in the NFL.

Agreed. Very skeptical of him. But I'll hold off on a firm opinion of him as he could end up like a Vincent Jackson
ROFLcopter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLcopter wrote:

great gif. he does this every time. he actually goes up and gets the ball. would we have a redzone threat? i think so

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: