Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Zach Strief

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
saintsfan


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 5304
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Zach Strief Reply with quote

This blew my mind.

Quote:
@PFF Saints' @ZachStrief is now the No. 1 OT in Pass Blocking Efficiency at 97.9

_________________

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 15 cat 244 yds 1 TD
S Rafael Bush 27 tak 0 INT 2 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 436
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Zach Strief Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
This blew my mind.

Quote:
@PFF Saints' @ZachStrief is now the No. 1 OT in Pass Blocking Efficiency at 97.9


this a joke or misprint?? Big GOO Guy is worse than a traffic cone IMO.
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porter22


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 2509
Location: Weyhe, Germany
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read it as well and was pretty shocked! Laughing

But in pass blocking he didn't look that bad, he is just a horrible run blocker.
_________________
Adopt a Saint 2014:

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 11206
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Zach Strief Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
This blew my mind.

Quote:
@PFF Saints' @ZachStrief is now the No. 1 OT in Pass Blocking Efficiency at 97.9


this a joke or misprint?? Big GOO Guy is worse than a traffic cone IMO.


Perhaps you aren't watching him as closely as you think you are. He is not bad at all in pass protection, of course he is greatly helped by Brees's mobility and awareness. Charles Brown on the other hand...there is your traffic cone. He is making Bushrod look like he was All Pro.
_________________

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SWATcha


Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Posts: 1772
Location: Sacto, CA.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Zach Strief Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
This blew my mind.

Quote:
@PFF Saints' @ZachStrief is now the No. 1 OT in Pass Blocking Efficiency at 97.9


this a joke or misprint?? Big GOO Guy is worse than a traffic cone IMO.


Perhaps you aren't watching him as closely as you think you are. He is not bad at all in pass protection, of course he is greatly helped by Brees's mobility and awareness. Charles Brown on the other hand...there is your traffic cone. He is making Bushrod look like he was All Pro.


If Charlie Brown and Strief are traffic cones. What does that make De La Puente?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6036
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Zach Strief Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
This blew my mind.

Quote:
@PFF Saints' @ZachStrief is now the No. 1 OT in Pass Blocking Efficiency at 97.9


this a joke or misprint?? Big GOO Guy is worse than a traffic cone IMO.


Perhaps you aren't watching him as closely as you think you are. He is not bad at all in pass protection, of course he is greatly helped by Brees's mobility and awareness. Charles Brown on the other hand...there is your traffic cone. He is making Bushrod look like he was All Pro.


If Charlie Brown and Strief are traffic cones. What does that make De La Puente?


A speed bump.
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3164
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Zach Strief Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
This blew my mind.

Quote:
@PFF Saints' @ZachStrief is now the No. 1 OT in Pass Blocking Efficiency at 97.9


He's always been a average to above average pass blocker so this does not surprise me at all... but its not our passing game that is lacking.

Yes Brees runs for his life at times but most of that I lay at the feet of Puente, Brown & even Grubbs at times. However, in the running game Strief is our right tackle. We need to lean on that right side to run the football and Zach is pedestrian at best in run blocking.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 934
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea pass protection has never been the huge issue, the run blocking is abysmal tho.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fray32


Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 490
Location: The Great White North
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Zach Strief Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
jcvoodoo wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
This blew my mind.

Quote:
@PFF Saints' @ZachStrief is now the No. 1 OT in Pass Blocking Efficiency at 97.9


this a joke or misprint?? Big GOO Guy is worse than a traffic cone IMO.


Perhaps you aren't watching him as closely as you think you are. He is not bad at all in pass protection, of course he is greatly helped by Brees's mobility and awareness. Charles Brown on the other hand...there is your traffic cone. He is making Bushrod look like he was All Pro.
PFF has actually made a point of saying Brown has allowed less pressure than Bushrod thus far too. Might not seem like it, but we upgraded at left tackle Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 4815
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And dead last in run blocking.

This isn't shocking, he's the #1 ranked pass blocking OT, not OT overall.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 34 receptions, 278 yards, 1 first downs, 1 TD - 5 rushes, 64 yards, 3 first downs
Corey White - 29 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 22259
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This definitely surprises me. Him and Bushrod struggled in pass protection last year, but his issue is definitely that he's a RT...who offers no run blocking ability.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 436
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Yea pass protection has never been the huge issue, the run blocking is abysmal tho.


Word of the day? Laughing
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 934
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
Yea pass protection has never been the huge issue, the run blocking is abysmal tho.


Word of the day? Laughing


Because I'm from Mississippi?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JPPT1974


Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Posts: 73
Location: Seymour TN
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah and I am from TN! Seriously!
_________________
Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group