Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon trade rumors heating up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unfsaint

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA: "Nobody wants Mallette. Nobody. Repeat that...Nobody wants Mallette."
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Was suspended two games.

- 15th in overall rec yds with 582yds
- 2nd in yds/catch at 18.2 (behind only Torrey Smith)
- 4th in yds/game with 97yds (trailing only Megatron, Julio and Blackmon)

He's 22 years old and in his 2nd season. I think banking on production from a 2nd rounder is almost as risky as hoping Josh Gordon doesn't screw up.

If that were the case, The Browns wouldn't be trying to trade him. Just saying it works both ways. The fact given his production already/skillset and lack of offensive weapons on the Browns that they are still fielding offers is a MASSIVE RED FLAG! You don't deal a potential corner stone to your offense unless you have serious doubts to his future contributions. You just don't.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Was suspended two games.

He's 22 years old and in his 2nd season. I think banking on production from a 2nd rounder is almost as risky as hoping Josh Gordon doesn't screw up.

If that were the case, The Browns wouldn't be trying to trade him. Just saying it works both ways. The fact given his production already/skillset and lack of offensive weapons on the Browns that they are still fielding offers is a MASSIVE RED FLAG! You don't deal a potential corner stone to your offense unless you have serious doubts to his future contributions. You just don't.

Trying to trade and testing the waters are two different things. If they were trying to trade him, he would be gone by now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Was suspended two games.

Trying to trade and testing the waters are two different things. If they were trying to trade him, he would be gone by now.

You clearly don't understand the Ego of Joe Banner. Cool He is notorious for setting a rediculous asking price and sticking with it until the last possible minute or intentionally not trading the player altogether because it wasn't met. He's probably a great poker player.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no reason to want to trade Gordon. His first drug offense was in college. His second was for taking codeine to kill the pain of strep throat, and not properly reporting it to the league. i.e. a technicality.

I would only trade him as part of a trade where we fleeced the other team. Otherwise I'd keep him as a #2 WR, draft a #1 and sign a good veteren as a #3.

How codeine is a PED, btw, is beyond me.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanaDawg wrote:
There is no reason to want to trade Gordon. His first drug offense was in college. His second was for taking codeine to kill the pain of strep throat, and not properly reporting it to the league. i.e. a technicality.

I would only trade him as part of a trade where we fleeced the other team. Otherwise I'd keep him as a #2 WR, draft a #1 and sign a good veteren as a #3.

To be fair, when you say his first offense is in college, it was him being busted like ten times.

He got kicked off of Baylor and then busted at Utah after he transferred. It was most definitely NOT an isolated incident.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Was suspended two games.

You clearly don't understand the Ego of Joe Banner. Cool He is notorious for setting a rediculous asking price and sticking with it until the last possible minute or intentionally not trading the player altogether because it wasn't met. He's probably a great poker player.

I'm pretty certain that teams are calling Banner, not the other way around. I didn't realize that a team setting a value on their own asset, and in circumstances having a bottom line that they will not budge on means that they have an "ego".

We aren't even testing the water. We have our phones on like always. If you call and we answer, and you make us an offer that we can't refuse, a deal will get done. If you try to Peter King us, we wont.

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would go great with D.Moore and Streater. That is some serious speed.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
CanaDawg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
CanaDawg wrote:

To be fair, when you say his first offense is in college, it was him being busted like ten times.

He got kicked off of Baylor and then busted at Utah after he transferred. It was most definitely NOT an isolated incident.

Fair enough, but he's been clean in the NFL, but for the strep. And the strategy of making him a #2 establishes a framework of less risk surrounding him (and gives us a better corps moving forward).
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanaDawg wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
CanaDawg wrote:

Fair enough, but he's been clean in the NFL, but for the strep. And the strategy of making him a #2 establishes a framework of less risk surrounding him (and gives us a better corps moving forward).

the Strep medicine with the codeine, is something I am still iffy about. In Texas, Purple drank is very popular. It could be a good loop hole for him saying he had strep and thats why he had it.

either way, the Browns win both sides of the situation. If they trade Gordon, they saved themselves a possible headache and get resources in return or if they keep him they have a top talent at WR and a kid who is finally wising up from his past actions

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
CanaDawg wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
CanaDawg wrote:

the Strep medicine with the codeine, is something I am still iffy about. In Texas, Purple drank is very popular. It could be a good loop hole for him saying he had strep and thats why he had it.

either way, the Browns win both sides of the situation. If they trade Gordon, they saved themselves a possible headache and get resources in return or if they keep him they have a top talent at WR and a kid who is finally wising up from his past actions

I doubt it's iffy. the NFL seems to take lying and deciet pretty seriously. that's why Von Miller's suspension was longer than originally planned, and I doubt the league would have reduced Josh Gordon's suspension if he was not telling them the truth

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a rumor on a Saints forum I'm on, so TTFWIW, but apparently the Saints are trying to trade for him.

candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing the Browns won't budge for anything less than a 1st rounder.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Hearing the Browns won't budge for anything less than a 1st rounder.

I would freaking hope so.

If we can get a 1st for Trent, we should get at least that for someone who actually functions.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have NO idea why the Colts (since they don't value their high draft picks apparently) didn't just give up their first for Gordon instead of Richardson.

Regardless I'd be ecstatic if KC traded their first for Gordon. Strongly doubt it happens though because we have to think down the line cap wise with Bowe and Gordon if the trade works out.

I don't know why the Browns wouldn't just hang onto him though. Just get a QB in the first round. Use that IND pick to trade up if you have to, possibly try to get Teddy. Give him a young stud WR to grow with in Gordon.

Last edited by simonwayne on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: