Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: Raiders vs Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
we only have like 20 yards rushing...? we can't run the ball to save our life..! but the question is..why?

simple. it's tough to run the ball effectively when your passing game consists largely of screens and 5-yard patterns. Just keep a single guy back and let the CBs, LBs, and one of the safeties play up. It doesn't take "8 in the box" when 10 players are within 5 yards of the LoS, that simple.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Traveling to the other side of the country is never easy on teams, especially when said team is coming off of a bye week.

Countless professionals in field ___X travel on far harsher schedules and routines, with less accomodations to boot. They don't get a pass if they screw up business deal ___Y.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Traveling to the other side of the country is never easy on teams, especially when said team is coming off of a bye week.

Countless professionals in field ___X travel on far harsher schedules and routines, with less accomodations to boot. They don't get a pass if they screw up business deal ___Y.

Wow. Did no one else read that crap??? ^^^

Too funny.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

You sound a lot like 3Rivers and a couple other users, you guys must be buddies.

Look, this season sucks, no one, ESPECIALLY ME who thought they'd go 12-4, thought this is how the season would go. It'll be a miracle if we finish .500. But sitting here and spouting off utter bulls*** isn't going to change anything at all.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Who the hell is giving them a pass? I just said its rough conditions, and alot of teams struggle when they have to travel cross country. It doesnt excuse them at all...they have played like crap all year, home and away. Still doesnt change the fact that cross country trips can be draining.

Try to keep up.

Last edited by FourThreeMafia on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
SlevinKelevra wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Wow. Did no one else read that crap??? ^^^

Too funny.

Just another guy that makes me wish this site had an ignore feature.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/touching.gif

Nice gif available that clearly shows the axis of the balls rotation changed--- as I said immediately and got told I was making it up.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/touching.gif

Nice gif available that clearly shows the axis of the balls rotation changed--- as I said immediately and got told I was making it up.

I still think you're wrong. There's logical reasoning behind believing that the ball, already spinning in the air, was already taking the 'tumble effect' that we're seeing in that image. There's no doubt it's close, but I don't believe his hand ever touched the ball.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His finger looks like it grazed the ball.

The ball does change its movement slightly, but it is noticeable.

From everything Ive seen, he touched the ball, but he seemed to be aware that he shouldnt touch the ball at that point, so calling it a coaching issue is stupid. Just a mistake on a young players part.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25

Jump to: