Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy Football Q - Colston?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Football Q - Colston? Reply with quote

Hey guys. I have a quick question for you boys. I have Colston on my FF team, and the guy has been brutal for me. Why do you guys believe Colston is not contributing much in the passing game thus far? He is the fricken 64th WR in fantasy right now. Do you guys predict you will be incorporating him more so in the future? Thanks alot.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the way the Saints play, anyone not named Brees or Graham should not be used in fantasy IMO. Well, maybe Sproles...maybe.

^NS922 on the sig^
krewe_dat_504

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it has more to do with Colston than it does with scheme. He's simply not the WR he used to be. He's gotten stiff since his early days with the Saints. His main strengths used to be catching ball over defenders and finding soft spots in coverage, he no longer has any burst and seems to always be covered. It also doesn't help that he'll be competing with Graham, Sproles, Moore and Stills for receptions, who are all better at getting open. If I were you, I'd think about trying to find a new guy to fill his role.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Brees spread the ball around like crazy.

2. Colston seems to be declining.
krewebrees

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless someone is offering you a trade for him, I keep him and just bench him. He may pick it up toward the end of the season (I don't think so). He's not a bad bye week filler depending on the size of your league. That's just based on the potential any Saints receiver has because of Brees. But he's not a fantasy starter anymore in my mind.
Fray32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colston actually led the team in targets yesterday but yeah, I know your pain because I have him on fantasy as well and I only played him this week out of necessity. Colston leading the team in targets and still only being targetted on 18% of Brees' aimed passes is telling of how this offense operates. He's been so consistent that I refuse to accept that he has fallen off a cliff, I think his numbers will be down this year but at some point his per game averages will rise up to his mean. Injuries to Graham certainly helped this week as far as the amount of looks he got but Graham will be back and in the meantime he still gets redzone looks injured foot and all. Maybe Colston gets on track next week against the Jets? though i wouldn't bet on it Razz
SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pass down the right sideline where Colston grew alligator arms tells the whole story in my opinion. I've watched Colston make some of the most amazing catches in traffic. He's always been more than willing to put his body on the line to make the catch. I've never ever seen him give an alligator arm effort like he did there....and the safety wasn't even looking to hit him Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: