Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BeeperKing's 2014 Mock Offseason 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: BeeperKing's 2014 Mock Offseason 1.0 Reply with quote

Cap Increase: $125,000,000
Cap Room: $16,287,889 (w/rollover)

Cuts:
CB Asante Samuel (+$5.25mil)
He was a great player and acquisition, but his play has declined and Alford is a better option. No need for him anymore.

LB Stephen Nicholas (+$2mil)
Considering he isn't starting anymore, this is an easy move.

OG Garrett Reynolds (+$2.42mil)
No explanation needed.

New Cap: $25,957,889

Re-signings

DT Corey Peters:
5 years, $20 million ($4 million '14 hit)

Peters is currently in the midst of that breakout season that many of us thought he would have. At just 25 years old, he is someone who we need to anchor our front 4 around for years to come.

CB Robert Mcclain:
4 years, $10 million ($2.5 mil '14 cap hit)

Many won't like this, but Mcclain has picked up his play in recent weeks and is starting to return to 2012 form. We're locking him up here at a discount, and one that allows up to get rid of him in case of regression.

DT Peria Jerry:
1 year, $1 million

Yup. Peria "Huge Bust" Jerry has quietly turned into a solid pass rushing tackle, with 2.5 sacks on the season. He can serve as a solid transitional player for us, but will require a bit more than the vet minimum to resign.

TE Chase Coffman:
1 year, $715,000

We haven't seen much of him, but he deserves to be in the mix.

New Cap: $17,742,889

FA
DT Henry Melton (Chicago)
4 years, $24 million ($4 mil '14 cap hit)

Taking a huge risk here, but getting a huge possible reward. Melton is coming off of an ACL tear and the Bears could look to move on, as Melton isn't a fit in the 3-4 many project them to move to. Melton is one of the top defensive tackles in the league when healthy and is a younger and potentially cheaper option than Babs is. Melton may look to sign a 1 year prove it deal, similar to Michael Bennett, but he would choose to come here as we are giving him a four year deal.

OG Jon Asamoah (Kansas City)
5 years, $25 million ($5 million '14 cap hit)

Everyone and their mother is mocking Asamoah to their team, especially in a weak guard FA class. Asamoah is one of the top RGs in the league and has been a huge cog in the Chiefs excellent line. He could make an excellent guard for us, instantly upgrading our run game while improving the play of the tackles around him.

New Cap: $8,742,889

Draft
(Falcons currently hold the #7 overall pick, while I do not think we will pick that high, I will project all picks there for the time being)

1: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA

Barr is a absolutely perfect scheme fit for the Falcons and is the exact type of player that TD looks for (hard working, high character). Mike Nolan can have a lot of fun with Barr, playing him all over the line and giving us a serious long term pass rush.

2: James Hurst, OT, North Carolina

While I would prefer Richardson here, he's not going to make it all the way down to #42. This is a loaded tackle class and we cannot go into 2014 with Trueblood, Baker, and Holmes as our only options. In an ideal scenario, Hurst starts on the right, eventually moving over to the left if Baker and Holmes continue to suck.

3: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State

Insurance for Melton here. Jernigan is a massive run stopper who could eventually become a starter or a rotational guy for us. We need to get deeper at the defensive line, anyways.

4: Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State

One of my sleeper guys this year. O'Leary can do it all, he's a YAC threat, a great red zone guy, and he can block. His only real flaw is his height: only 6'3, which is pretty undersized for a TE. I'm confident the Falcons can find some way to use him, and he can eventually become our #1 TE. He's a perfect compliment for the oversized Toilolo.

5: Chris Watt, OG, Notre Dame

Watt has been a pretty good cog on the Irish o-line. Has been able to hold his own this season against some of the nation's top pass rushers. He can give us more sorely needed o-line depth, while being a potential replacement for Blaock.

6: Henry Anderson, DE/DT, Stanford

Anderson suffered a knee injury that will push him down boards. He's worth the risk in the sixth. We can use him in 3-4 packages, where we don't have any true fits at 3-4 DE.

7: Matt Miller, WR, Boise State

Miller has been Boise's best offensive player since Kellen Moore left and he gives us the size at the receiver depth that we're lacking. Good developmental prospect.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off season and mock looks great.

I don't think Jernigan lasts to the third round, but then again it's October, so who really knows.

Question: in you mock or off season, the RB situation... keep sjax, cut him, draft new, or what?
terrell123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft. I stopped looking at the offseason when I saw McClain and PJerry standing there on draft day. Brought back too many memories. Brick wall
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

I don't think Jernigan lasts to the third round, but then again it's October, so who really knows.

Question: in you mock or off season, the RB situation... keep sjax, cut him, draft new, or what?

S-Jax deserves another season, and even if he flops again, I think our depth can hold us over until 2015, which is a great RB class.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

S-Jax deserves another season, and even if he flops again, I think our depth can hold us over until 2015, which is a great RB class.

Bishop Sankey or Tre Mason in the mid-rounds this year would be pretty epic.

Next year's class has tons of talent though like you said. Todd Gurley, Mike Davis, TJ Yeldon, Kenyan Drake, possibly Melvin Gordon, Byron Marshall, Jay Ajayi, Storm Woods, etc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

Next year's class has tons of talent though like you said. Todd Gurley, Mike Davis, TJ Yeldon, Kenyan Drake, possibly Melvin Gordon, Byron Marshall, Jay Ajayi, Storm Woods, etc

That 2015 RB crop is so deep. The Jackson signing was a stopgap IMO to pick up our RB of the future in the 2015 draft.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:

That 2015 RB crop is so deep. The Jackson signing was a stopgap IMO to pick up our RB of the future in the 2015 draft.

Could easily have been. I think Ajayi is a name to watch rise in stock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: