Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Smith trade; 49ers officially will get 2013 2nd rounder
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs also got a 7th round pick from the 9ers

At least i think so, and He's been shutting down WRs ever since.
AMG1713

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

That's how I would look at it if I was a Chief fan, too. I'd throw on some blinders and pretend that we traded two second round picks for Marcus Cooper and claimed Alex Smith off waivers.
AMG1713

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Abe56 wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
GoldieLocksDown wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
And KC can't be happier.

One of the rare trades that both teams are incredibly happy with.

KC is SB bound… can't say the same for SF!

SF has a better shot at the SB then the Chiefs

Not even close. SF would have to go through Seattle....

You do realize Seattle hasn't locked up the division, right? In fact... Seattle still has to GO to SF. Niners could still easily win the division.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

You got him off waivers in an unrelated transaction months after the trade, but yes it sucks giving up a shutdown CB.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

That's how I would look at it if I was a Chief fan, too. I'd throw on some blinders and pretend that we traded two second round picks for Marcus Cooper and claimed Alex Smith off waivers.

I love Alex Smith don't get me wrong, Chiefs wouldn't be 8-0 without him.

But Marcus Cooper makes it that much sweeter
tom cody

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A trade that worked out for both teams it looks like. smith got the Chiefs at 8 and 0 and the 49ers get an extra draft pick to help them develop another good player.
mrscottso

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

I love Alex Smith don't get me wrong, Chiefs wouldn't be 8-0 without him.

But Marcus Cooper makes it that much sweeter

I am very happy myself. I also love the fact that the Chiefs are 8-0 when there where a ton of morons saying that KC got ripped off, when the trade happened. As long as they aren't playing the Niners, I hope Alex and the Chiefs keep kicking [inappropriate/removed].

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Abe56 wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
GoldieLocksDown wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
And KC can't be happier.

You do realize Seattle hasn't locked up the division, right? In fact... Seattle still has to GO to SF. Niners could still easily win the division.

Not worried about it. Seattle always matches up well with SF, and it's a west coast game.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
jwalter_81

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers_52 wrote:
49ers also used KC's 2nd last year 34 to trade down to 40 with the Titans (Justin Hunter) and got their 3rd this year. So if you want to be technical we ended up with 2 2nds and a 3rd. We will see how it plays out though because 2 2nds and a 3rd might don't mean much once you select the players if you don't hit on them. So far it's Tank Carradine.

? Dude was hurt when we drafted him bro. We knew all along he was coming off an acl and would miss some time. He was a sound investment along the defensive line.
jwalter_81

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Abe56 wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
GoldieLocksDown wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
And KC can't be happier.

Not worried about it. Seattle always matches up well with SF, and it's a west coast game.

Seattle wins as much in SF as SF does in Seattle. And I would hope it's on the West coast as SF is in Cali after all lol
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwalter_81 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Abe56 wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
GoldieLocksDown wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
And KC can't be happier.

Seattle wins as much in SF as SF does in Seattle. And I would hope it's on the West coast as SF is in Cali after all lol

Yes, but unfortunately, we just don't match up very well against Seattle right now. They are built to exploit all of our weaknesses and shut down our strengths. It should be a much better game in San Francisco, but I still think its 50/50. We will have to pound the ball like crazy that game; as sad as it is to say, we have to take the game out of Kaep's hands until he's not so skittish against the Seahawks.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwalter_81 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

His point is that being a west coast game there is no amount of insane travel involved and they're not losing time- which is known to reduce work performance.

So essentially, he's saying, all things equal... and you guys simply having HFA (not HF + time zone) that he likes his chances against your team.

It wasn't an obvious statement as much as it was being used to point out a variable they're not facing. The Seahawks traveled East to play Indy... and lost to a talented team in their house. This time, they're playing a talented team, but will have the benefit of short travel and no changing time zone. It was a pretty reasonable point to include, I'd say.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith has proved everyone wrong. He has been worth that pick as he made the Chiefs a contender this year. Chiefs were no where near competitive with Cassell.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
jwalter_81 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

His point is that being a west coast game there is no amount of insane travel involved and they're not losing time- which is known to reduce work performance.

So essentially, he's saying, all things equal... and you guys simply having HFA (not HF + time zone) that he likes his chances against your team.

It wasn't an obvious statement as much as it was being used to point out a variable they're not facing. The Seahawks traveled East to play Indy... and lost to a talented team in their house. This time, they're playing a talented team, but will have the benefit of short travel and no changing time zone. It was a pretty reasonable point to include, I'd say.

everyone knows seatle isnt the same team on the road. the game against the rams is proof of that, the time zone had no play whatsoever because it was a night game. granted they still won, but honestly they were outplayed. I dont think the travel was a factor either because they had an extra day to prepare and such.

I think this time around we will be much better prepared for seatle. if they dont do something to fix their OL then I think we have the upper hand, especially when aldon smith comes back. should be fun to watch however.

seatle showed that you can run the ball on them. They rotate their DL constantly and they seem to have a unit they bring in as their run stuffers (bryant, mebane) and then another thats strictly for passing situations. I think if you pass the ball when they have bryant and mebane on the field and you run it right up the middle with they have their pass rushers kicked down there that you have a really good chance to make a lot of plays against them. because even though bryant was getting pressure tonight, hes not really a pass rusher by anymeans, neither is mebane. you can use this to your advantage and really get them off balance. another thing you can do is use bunch formations to prevent them from jamming your wrs at the line. it forces sherman into off coverage which he is not nearly as good at as press man. they tend to stack the box against us so if they try and do that then thats when I would go 4/5 wide and spread them out to create space up the middle. you could put your FB in the slot (bruce miller is developing into a really solid receiver) he could clear running lanes if you want to run it out of that set to utilize the space up the middle. Thats where it seems like they are most vulnerable to be beaten in the run game. also, it helps if the refs actually enforce the no contact after 5 yards rule. I swear they get away with it more than any other team. also most teams dont usually run double moves against them because that pass rush doesnt allow for routes to develop down field, but if you could somehow slow that pass rush down, I feel like their secondary guys would be susceptible to a nice pump fake and a double move every now and again simply because they are all ball hawks who place an emphasis on INTs. Its very important to set the tone early against this team. I felt like the last time we played the niners were doing well up until they stopped the game for the lightning. after that we still played better than the box score showed, but we had some really stupid mistakes. like aldon hitting their OLman in the helmet after the play when we had just forced them into a 3rd and 30 something. they got the first down and then scored a TD on that drive. you cant make mistakes like that on the road and expect to win.

kaep is yet to beat the seahawks, wilson is yet to win at the stick. should be fun. it will surely decide the division and will undoubtedly be one of the most anticipated games of the year. Im glad ill be there Cool Mr. Green Drool

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: