Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye Week discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
stallyns wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

Did you buy the WR retirement package?

or K retirement package

IDC too much about Hasselbeck retiring, although he would be good back up next year too.
No I didn't but I picked up Kai Forbath to replace Vinatieri and I originally had Tebow back up Luck year 2 and then picked up Locker this year and added Matt Barkley when Locker got hurt in preseason

Why not?

That is the first thing I buy with coaches XP....WR retirement package for Reggie, not that I have got to the end of the year to see if he stays another year.
Honestly I don't know, and I didn't take into account his age because I probably would have realized that Madden WRs don't normally play past 33. Oh well Nick is tearing it up for me (along with Dwayne Allen) and Hilton and Boatwright have been very good too.

Hell yeah, thats making me want to go start one up right now

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
Whats your guys feeling? You think we will make a trade before Tuesday's deadline? Sign a veteran FA? Or you think we will roll with Rogers and Whalen as fill ins?

Im definitely interested to see either way, maybe Rogers can come out and play pretty well, I know Whalen will be where he needs to be.

What guys you looking at as trade material?

Hakeem Nicks
Kenny Britt
Josh Gordon
Greg Little
Jerome Simpson
Sidney Rice
Doug Baldwin
Cecil Shorts
Justin Blackmon

Any other players you guys can think of?

How about these FA:
Brandon Lloyd
Laurent Robinson
Mohammed Massaquoi
Randy Moss(do we try and see if he has anything left)
Steve Breaston
Early Doucet
Michael Jenkins
Devery Henderson
Deion Branch
Donte Stallworth
OchoCinco
T.O.
Devin Thomas
Terrence Tolliver

Whats your guys thoughts?

I bet Whalen gets the first shot. I like Nicks but wouldn't trade for him because of his contract status and he seems to be hurt a lot. I wouldn't touch Gordon or Britt unless it is for a low pick. Britt is a cancer and Gordon just cannot seem to turn his back on weed. Would hate to trade a high pick for him just to have him suspended for the year. I would take a flyer on Lloyd, Robinson or Breaston. Any of the three would be a decent possession type receiver. Would love to have Shorts but noway Jacksonville trades him within the division.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
Whats your guys feeling? You think we will make a trade before Tuesday's deadline? Sign a veteran FA? Or you think we will roll with Rogers and Whalen as fill ins?

Im definitely interested to see either way, maybe Rogers can come out and play pretty well, I know Whalen will be where he needs to be.

What guys you looking at as trade material?

Hakeem Nicks
Kenny Britt
Josh Gordon
Greg Little
Jerome Simpson
Sidney Rice
Doug Baldwin
Cecil Shorts
Justin Blackmon

Any other players you guys can think of?

How about these FA:
Brandon Lloyd
Laurent Robinson
Mohammed Massaquoi
Randy Moss(do we try and see if he has anything left)
Steve Breaston
Early Doucet
Michael Jenkins
Devery Henderson
Deion Branch
Donte Stallworth
OchoCinco
T.O.
Devin Thomas
Terrence Tolliver

Whats your guys thoughts?

I bet Whalen gets the first shot. I like Nicks but wouldn't trade for him because of his contract status and he seems to be hurt a lot. I wouldn't touch Gordon or Britt unless it is for a low pick. Britt is a cancer and Gordon just cannot seem to turn his back on weed. Would hate to trade a high pick for him just to have him suspended for the year. I would take a flyer on Lloyd, Robinson or Breaston. Any of the three would be a decent possession type receiver. Would love to have Shorts but noway Jacksonville trades him within the division.

Only a few of those guys are realistic trade targets, I would probably give up a 3rd for Nicks, only if extension was agreed on as part of trade.

Little and Simpson I bet we could get for later round pick

the others I was just trying to think of teams out of chase or WR that I think would fit nicely.

Oh well Tuesday isnt that far away, we should have an answer soon enough

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're still a few minutes from Sunday morning and this thread has already made page 2? At this rate this will be a top 5 GDT Laughing
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy I would love for Grigs to check in on is Rod Streater from Oakland. He is young and has good size and hands. His numbers are a little down but I think that is more to do with erratic QB play than with him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
We're still a few minutes from Sunday morning and this thread has already made page 2? At this rate this will be a top 5 GDT Laughing

All-time?

becaue its probably already close to top 5 for this season Laughing

7 games in and didnt even have a GDT 1 week...

It might already be for this season

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:
One guy I would love for Grigs to check in on is Rod Streater from Oakland. He is young and has good size and hands. His numbers are a little down but I think that is more to do with erratic QB play than with him.

Thats a good one

How about Tommy Streeter? He is a big body guy 6'5 215

currently on Buffalo's PS, we could sign him straight up

TBH, I am kinda curious to see what Da'Rick Rogers can do, so hopefully he gets a few looks at least. Griff is very reliable knows the system too, so I think either way we go we will end up and be OK.

Reggie, you are very missed though

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
stallyns wrote:

All-time?

becaue its probably already close to top 5 for this season Laughing

7 games in and didnt even have a GDT 1 week...

It might already be for this season

Laughing

It is 6th, with a 2 way tie for 4th at 44 post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like us to get another receiver but not at the expense of trading something of value especially if it's for a rental.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So seeing the Larry Fitzgerald news

What would you guys offer for him?

I would give up our #2 all day to bring him in right now.

I know he has a huge contract, but Arizona will have to cover most if not all the guaranteed so we could restructure his deal in couple years.

What about TY Hilton, you know Bruce Arians loves TY, any circumstance you see him in a deal?

TY and 5th that could turn into our 3rd if we make AFC Championship game this year?

IDK, just trying to think outside box.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/10/28/5040276/colts-waive-ot-xavier-nixon-trade-rumors-once-again-swirling

Quote:
Earlier on Monday, the Colts promoted practice squad receiver Griff Whalen to the active 53, suggesting to all who were paying attention that Indy had no interest in making a trade. With Nixon gone and a roster spot open, the trade talk is back on (at least, talk on the Internet, that is).

Grigson has few chips to trade, and he currently has only $1.3 million in open salary cap space. However, the reality is that the Colts are not a championship-caliber team with their current crop of wideouts. People could debate whether or not they were a top AFC team with Reggie Wayne, but the consensus should be that without him the Colts arenít a contender.

Crazy we only have $1.3m left

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bit of good news on the bye week

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/10/28/5039508/colts-lber-bjoern-werner-could-return-for-texans-game

Quote:
While the Colts offense continues to deal with critical injuries to key personnel, the defense seems to be getting healthier.

At his Monday press conference following the teamís bye week, Colts head coach Chuck Pagano said that rookie linebacker Bjoern Werner will practice this week on a limited basis and could be ready to play Sunday when the Colts (5-2) face their divisional rivals, the Texans (2-5). Werner practiced on Monday, but was indeed limited.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: