You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 1 Mock with 3 Reasonable Trades
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raptor44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one worth trading up for in the Titan's case is Calvin Johnson.

DO NOT BENCH FOWLER
Vikings101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why people keep compairing Russell to Culpepper and giving him to the Vikings. Culpepper left when the new staff came in, the new staff wasn't with Culpepper and didn't have anything to do with drafting or coaching him. Bad pick, Tarvaris Jackson was drafted to be our QB of the future. The only guy we would trade up for is Calvin Johnson.

Sig by chief_fan822003
jack_jax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all the feedback people. It's what makes this fun.

Surprised to see the Vikes and Bucs fans saying they don't need QB's, but I'm sure they know more than I do about their own teams. Russell and Brady seem like serious upgrades to me.

I'm not sure Detroit would trade with Minnesota, since they are both in the North, but Detroit will trade down if they aren't sold on either of the QB's.

Reggie Nelson is no reach at 7.

Also, I see the Giants trading up for AP if he falls which I think he will. Maybe not with Houston, but with someone.

T.O. will be gone. You can't saddle a new coach with his baggage. He'll be released right after the draft if the Cowboys can't get a 7th rd pick for him. That and Terry Glenn is old and they need some new speed at WR.

Don't the Eagles have the best secondary in the NFC including Brian Dawkins, how does Michael Griffin help?
Money-Maker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Nelson, etc... Reply with quote

jack_jax wrote:

Surprised to see the Vikes and Bucs fans saying they don't need QB's, but I'm sure they know more than I do about their own teams. Russell and Brady seem like serious upgrades to me.

I'm not sure Detroit would trade with Minnesota, since they are both in the North, but Detroit will trade down if they aren't sold on either of the QB's.

Reggie Nelson is no reach at 7.

Also, I see the Giants trading up for AP if he falls which I think he will. Maybe not with Houston, but with someone.

I like Russell, but the scenario of Detroit handing us the pick to select him is what I would argue. Why do that when they could make him their franchise QB (Russell to Roy would be sweet)

I mean it's all a moot point anyways as the Raiders will draft JaMarcus.

As for Reggie Nelson being a reach, you're right, he wouldn't be.
In fact I have him 8th to Houston in my latest mock.

I was just thinking with the chance to take Russell, it would be a reach to pass up Russell for Lewis.

Nelson sure came on the scene this past year, I remember rankings that had a different safety from FLA, Kyle Jackson rated high.

As for AP, I just came to the conclusion that the Browns will probably take him. The Giants wont trade up that high, so a better canidate would be Marshawn Lynch. They would only need to go up a few spots and he'd be a nice fit with Jacobs as the bruising goal line back.

You must be a Giants fan, what all was involved in the trade to move up to 8?
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Chiefs pick
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally. Somebody that doesn't have the Raiders taking Russell. Would rather have Peterson at 1 or trade down and get Lynch though. Good job.
osuhoose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Nobody watched the Giants play? Brandon Jacobs could be a beast..They will give him at least a year to prove he can be the full time back
iavikefn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota trades up within the division to fill a position they don't need?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants have Brandon Jacobs! They would not "sell the house" to get a player that is not an absolute need. They can get a versitile running back in the later rounds to have the one - two punch with Jacobs. Giants need defense.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: