You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The ultimate mock. 2 rounds. FULL Analysis!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al Toon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your reasoning is sound on Meriweather to the Jets. But given how much emphasis the current regime has placed on character, I just don't see him being the pick.

Don't worry: There's always the Bengals.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little chance the Bengals take Revis over Willis. Willis can start at MLB from day one. If the Bengals were lucky Revis would start by the end of the year.

Rd 2, Abirimiri is solid value and would be a good pick if they took Willis in rd 1. If they took Revis though, I think Alexander would be the pick to start right away at WLB.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
jvilma51

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE the Jets draft. A lot of other jets fans wouldn't want Merriweather but this guy is a great safety and is better than Coleman. He and Rhodes would be scary. Carriker is who I am praying we get and love the Bush pick. Just one problem, Bush plays for Louisville.

Props to jgoldiscool
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The ultimate mock. 2 rounds. FULL Analysis!!! Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
1. Oakland - Jamarcus Russell QB LSU
Big, athletic, and mobile. Absolute cannon for an arm makes Al Davis a lock to pick him. Kid showed poise and that he can handle the big game with sweet performance in BCS Championship game. He's the next Daunte Culpepper.

ROUND 2

33.Oakland - Aaron Sears OG/OT Tennessee
The Raiders line was hideous and he can play everywhere on the line besides C. He's a solid pickup here.

1. Good pick. Did he play for Florida or Ohio State in the BCS Championship game? Confused

2. Bush, Meachem or DL is better here. Oakland already too young at OL.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many people do i have to tell not to give the bears a first round TE?
VikingsFan51

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing Vikings pick. I love it. I also like the DT, even though we have great DT's, he will add depth and a replacement for Phat Pat.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the fence with the Blades pick. We need a heir apparent to trotter but I wouldn't select anyone besides Willis in the first.

As for the second round pick, the Eagles have no need for a quarterback. Aj might suck outside of Philly but he has been nothing but great when playing for us because our offense fits him so well. We won;t draft a QB.
ninersfan11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 49ers would NOT pass up Dwayne Jarrett if he was avaliable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: The ultimate mock. 2 rounds. FULL Analysis!!! Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
31.Chicago - Zach Miller TE Arizona St.
Finally, Desmond Clark has run out of time. The coaching staff has had it with his lackadazickle attitude and inconsistency. Miller will supplant him and Clark will fall into relative obscurity as backup.

Clearly, you watched zero Bears games in 2006 and have no idea what you are talking about. If the coaching staff had it with him, why would they not have taken a TE last year in the deepest TE class ever? Clark is one of the hardest workers on the team; he slimmed down to become quicker, and had a great year even though Rex didn't use him as much in the middle of the year. He was very consistent, and is an outstanding blocker. Joe Staley or Aaron Sears is the best option here.

Quote:
63.Chicago - Earl Everett LB Florida
They need depth at LB. Briggs will hit FA but even if he resigns Hillenmeyer is a weak part of the defense. Amazing speed. Former HS RB.

Everett is a great player and brings excellent value, but Hillenmayer is an unspoken hero on the defense. He forces the plays over to Briggs and Urlacher and fits excellently in our scheme. I wouldn't be surprised if we go with another OL here, but SS wouldn't be bad.
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Griffin pick in the 1st but in the 2nd, even though I like Crowder, I would love to see Merriweather with the pick. In the 3rd pick up two DL.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: