Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is there something wrong with Chris Johnson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
I'm sure we all still love CJ and would love for him to stay. We're just wondering what the Hell happened to THIS guy--the guy we gave the big $$$ to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ0P2sWSmVE

That was the type of production that we got accustomed to. You know like I know, that if THAT version of CJ2K ever fully resurfaces, we'll be elite once again.

Not near enough credit is given to the receivers for his big runs. Do you see how far they are down field still blocking? Not even close to possible without them.

That was always my favorite thing about Kenny Britt, he used to be an amazing blocker.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
I'm sure we all still love CJ and would love for him to stay. We're just wondering what the Hell happened to THIS guy--the guy we gave the big $$$ to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ0P2sWSmVE

That was the type of production that we got accustomed to. You know like I know, that if THAT version of CJ2K ever fully resurfaces, we'll be elite once again.

Elite is a big word and i disagree with the statment. AP just ran for 2K last year is Minn an elite team? No where as good as our QB and defense makes us. If the QB can consistently get the ball to his playmakers the team will be good enough to win. On defense if you can get to the QB make plays and get off the field on 3rd downs you will win. And theres a third part of the game you wont win games with if you cant cover kicks and return kicks and cant make kicks and right now the Titans wont get very far if every drive they start at the 20 or less. CJ being able to run would certainly help but wont make them elite

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
wilmtalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the conversation on this board when CJ was holding out for more money and the subsequent one after he signed for the big money. There some reasonable posters who stated that you never hitch your horse and pay big money to a RB. They don't last that long and are not that valuable to the team in respect to the salary cap they eat up. Times and offenses have changed. Just look where RB's are picked in the draft. They are seldom taken high anymore. Giving him big money was a mistake even if he would have produced more.

When CJ came in as a rookie he was in the best shape of his life. With his combination of youth and hard weight training, he had acquired a rare balance between speed and strength which was not realistically sustainable. A lot of players work their tails off to get ready for the combine. Once he had the success he had his first year he wanted to enjoy the notoriety which comes with the territory. He put in far less effort in the off season and just coasted on his past work. CJ basically sluffed off the next couple of years and it showed in his physical production. He will never get back to the level he was at his first two years. One reason being that most ( with few exceptions) is that RB have a very short shelf life. The beating they take wears them out which is why they are considered expendable.

Anyone who believes CJ when he says he will run for 2000 again is as delusional as he is. How many years is it going to take for some people to get a clue?He is what he is now. Focusing the offense around him has hurt the team. Those negative yd carries create a lot of 3rd and longs that ruin offensive continuity. If there are a lot of home runs they justify strike outs. But when the home runs become few and in between the strike outs hurt the team. They team would be far better of with a consistent runner rather than a feast and famine player who producing few if any feasts of late.

No their is nothing wrong with CJ. However their is something wrong with the over-expectations that some people have of his abilities. That especially includes CJ himself. He is only what you see anything else is delusion.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@wilmatlk dude I respect your opinion, but please speak facts my guy.
How can you accuse CJ of getting paid;then question his work ethic.
This is fact out of munchak mouth & out of Jim Wyatt, CJ is 1 of the hardest workers you'll ever see. The guy wants to be great.
That's the reason why every year he set such high standards & goals to reach.
For you to say the guy got paid & stop being dedicated is funny. CJ has only missed 1 game out his 6yr career; & that game he missed Jeff fisher rested him his rookie yr against the colts so that he would be fresh for the playoff stretch.
The only thing that is wrong with CJ that I see is play calling by the OC. & the ol is not in sync yet.
I dare you to look at CJ highlight 2000 season on YouTube.
If you do it's clear as day that logins don't have clue on how to build an offense to Chris skill set.
Dinger was a genius. The man took advantage of running the option using VY as a run threat to keep the backside of a defense honest.
The man ran counter draws, HB sweep, HB toss, stretch zone.
So far all I see logins do is up the gut counter up the I form up the gut 2 TE up the gut split back, up the gut out of shotgun.
& the play calling be so predictable u can smell it coming.
I guarantee if you put CJ on NE or Phli or DET or KC with a brilliant OC his stats be through the roof.
All that crap he doesn't works hard is bologna. The guy add 6lbs of muscle this offseason;ran a 4.28 40. He's not a power back like Adrian Peterson or lynch. You give him a hole or space he will take advantage & make a defense pay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: