Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

after todays game.. I believe..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlfns1381

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ovaw8lover, I feel your pain, too. I am 51 and in good health, but the Fins are slowly killing me. Every year they try to suck you in with SOME good games. I'm paraphrasing a line from The Godfather: Just when I think I'm out, they drag me back in. This has been going on for as long as I can remember. I am SO sick of this. Every few years we have to blow it up and start all over again.

Tanny, Sturgis, the OL, the coaches, Wallace, Ireland - they all suck!!! I hope we lose enough games to get some good draft picks. Then Ireland will use our #1 pick on a guy who only gets on the field 1/3 of the defensive plays. What a waste.
Judson49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Judson49 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
The fins will not be a consistent winner until I am dead and buried. Today I threw away my dolphins jersey and car head covers. I'm just tired of this.

Seriously??

Jeez that sucks. What are we looking at here, I mean what's your age & general health? Do you have a history of high blood pressure in the family. I need to know, I'm not wasting another 30 years on this!!

Dude I am 39 years old and Miami has been stuck in neutral since Shula was forced out. I have seen QB after QB after QB get drafted that show signs of being a franchise QB. Tanney is just the latest version. He is not a franchise QB. Hell, he only played the position like two years. Things we take for granted, like pocket presence is lacks. He also cant hold onto the football. I hate to admit this but he is not the answer. Any QB in the league can do what he is doing right now. Look at his throws. They are usually quick and pre determined to a WR.

Whenever the defense is good, the offense stinks. I spend hundreds of dollars on NFL Direct Ticket so that I can watch Miami play but no more. Once this season is over I will call Directv and cancel my service. I can not longer emotionally invest as much into this organization as it is disheartening.

They've been stuck in Neutral since 85.....

In two years it will be 30 years without an appearance in the Super Bowl...the list time they made an appearance in the conference Championship was over 20 years ago and they have been to the play-offs once in the last 11 years. This team is the very definition of mediocrity and as long as Ireland is the GM they will continue to be...

In celebration of the imminent tip off of the 2013-14 NBA season I'd like to point out that the Dolphins last Superbowl appearance occurred during Michael Jordan's rookie year in Chicago, and their last Superbowl victory came in the same year that a 27 year old Kareem Abdul Jabbar captured the MVP as a Milwaukee Buck.

I'm thinking we haven't been especially relevant in a while now.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
The fins will not be a consistent winner until I am dead and buried. Today I threw away my dolphins jersey and car head covers. I'm just tired of this.

Hahaha, I hear you and I'd love to do the same, but I just can't give up somehow.

It's like an abusive relationship at this point- we keep pouring our hearts and souls into games hoping that they'll win. And they keep showing us just enough to keep that hope alive. Maybe they'll start off a half of a big game with a 17-3 lead or maybe they'll start the season 3-0. Or maybe Tannehill will make some incredibly clutch and difficult throws. But then, they bring us back to reality- always failing to deliver on that hope (a 27-17 loss, a 4 game losing streak to follow, and many mistakes from Tannehill).

As Lauryn Hill says "I keep letting you back in / How can I explain myself? /As painful as this thing has been/ I just can't be with no one else". As far as I can see it, she was talking about the Dolphins.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Granfather passed away last month, and though for the best as he was in a lot of pain, he and I had a conversation about three years ago mosrly about football (Dolphins and Hurricanes) he mentioned how much the Phins have changrd over the last 20 years, he said he felt the best part of this team was gone. He told me he woild never see the Phins play let alone win another SB. I wonder if ill ever see them play in another let alone win one.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
60.5-Comp/ 419 Yards/ 3-TD's/ 2-INT/ 76.1-Rating
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. I don't expect to be good with the current regime. The AFC East is a wreck, so part of me thinks we should have been able to walk away with the division, but I just think we keep downgrading the talent year in and year out. You can't keep sending your best players packing, and get the crap end of trades and expect to perform well.

I thought we played well at times against the Pats but we didn't make adjustments well and we crumble when it counts.

I'll never, ever, ever stop watching, rooting, and hoping for my beloved Dolphins, but I don't believe in the front office and I don't believe they will ever field a title contending team.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: after todays game.. I believe.. Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:
I believe the sacks aren't "all" the o-lines fault.. Shocked

I think we need a kicker that can make some FGs Rolling Eyes

I don't believe Tanny is the QB of the future.. Sad

and I believe all these problems are the fault of the GM Twisted Evil

we have ran the ball better the last 2 games... Very Happy

and why do ya trade up to the 3rd pick and draft a guy that can't start.. hasn't done anything to show why it was a good move Confused

again a GM mistake ( IMO )
its not really the difference of us being a real good team this year but then again maybe it is I can't for the life of me understand trading up for Will Davis either for what for him to be our 5th corner. Brandon Gibson is out for the year now and we could of hand Wheaton or keenen Allen or Terrence Williams who is blowing up this league. Bottom line Ireland can't draft worth a crap. We have a crap line and Dallas Thomas can't even be active on game day but yet a guy like Brian schwenke who this forum liked alot got drafted later and his starting and playing well for the titans .
stepover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Hahaha, I hear you and I'd love to do the same, but I just can't give up somehow.

It's like an abusive relationship at this point- we keep pouring our hearts and souls into games hoping that they'll win. And they keep showing us just enough to keep that hope alive. Maybe they'll start off a half of a big game with a 17-3 lead or maybe they'll start the season 3-0. Or maybe Tannehill will make some incredibly clutch and difficult throws. But then, they bring us back to reality- always failing to deliver on that hope (a 27-17 loss, a 4 game losing streak to follow, and many mistakes from Tannehill).

As Lauryn Hill says "I keep letting you back in / How can I explain myself? /As painful as this thing has been/ I just can't be with no one else". As far as I can see it, she was talking about the Dolphins.

I've been a dolphins fan since the late 1980s. The thing that I just can't understand about this franchise in that period is that so many different regimes have managed to get it so wrong. I can sit here and say FIRE IRELAND and FIRE PHILBIN and FIRE SHERMAN but to be honest I've now lost faith that that will ever make a difference. It didn't when they got rid of Wannstedt, or Spielman, or Cameron, or Mueller, or Parcells, or Sparano, or Daboll, or etc etc etc.

Ultimately to be successful you need good players and good coaching. Since Marino hung up his boots you tell me how many real superstar players we've had in Miami - I'm talking consistent pro-bowlers - how many? I would say one, Jason Taylor. ONE SUPERSTAR IN TWENTY YEARS. After that there are another half dozen who are good players (Thomas, Surtain, Madison, Ricky (when he wasn't suspended or quitting) and Wake). But seriously, twenty years of drafts (so about 140 draft picks) and twenty years of free agency (100+ free agents) and out of that - out of 250 players we have managed to have ONE superstar and a half a dozen other good players.

And you will notice something about the few good players we've had - they are all on Defense (except Ricky who let's be honest was never worth what we paid for him). So in my lifetime of supporting the Dolphins I have only ever seen one offensive superstar and his name was Marino and he retired almost 20 years ago. In a league where there are Adrian Petersen, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, not to mention the many superstar QBs and we have no one and we spend 60m on Mike "couldn't catch a cold" Wallace. Jeez.

So that's players - then there's coaching. It can't just be that we draft bad players every time. That cannot be the explanation. It's got to be in part because we do not coach those players properly. And if you want evidence of that just look at Marshall: brilliant in Denver, brilliant in Chicago, average in Miami. That's on the coaches (and on the personnel dept for not getting us a QB in 20 years). Just look at Ninkovic last night - let go by Miami, thriving in New England because of good coaching. There are so many other examples I could cite. So where are our innovative aggressive coaches? The Harbaughs, The Tomlins, The Paytons etc. Philbin and Sherman seem like nice guys but did you EVER imagine they would be like those coaches?

So fire Ireland and fire philbin. Or don't. Because right now I honestly couldn't care less Mr Ross because after 25 years of this I give up.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Meh. I don't expect to be good with the current regime. The AFC East is a wreck, so part of me thinks we should have been able to walk away with the division, but I just think we keep downgrading the talent year in and year out. You can't keep sending your best players packing, and get the crap end of trades and expect to perform well.

I thought we played well at times against the Pats but we didn't make adjustments well and we crumble when it counts.

I'll never, ever, ever stop watching, rooting, and hoping for my beloved Dolphins, but I don't believe in the front office and I don't believe they will ever field a title contending team.

I tried hard to give Ireland and Philbin the benefit of the doubt. I argued there moves were for the greater good and that they were trying to build a contender of team guys. Yet when I look at the roster they assembled it is a jumble mess of player that show no clear direction on offense or defense. The offense is suppose to be a WCO/ZBS yet I only see Tannehill, Pouncey, Gibson, Miller, and Hartline fitting into that role. Wallace is a deep threat and requires a legit number 1 threat to be productive. I look at the defense and have no clue what they are try to do...The LBs are better suited for a 3-4 the DE/OLBs (Wake and Jordan) are better suited for a 3-4 and yet this team runs a 4-3. There in lies the problem. I could almost forgive them being mediocre for a couple of years as the built this team yet there are no rookies starting (A sign or rebuilding) and there is no clear direction with the personal decisions be made.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have followed the Dolphins since the Marino years as well.. Watching players like Duper and Clayton strut their stuff. Others like Offerdahl, Taylor, Sims and Webb, et al..

I work overseas and managed to start watching the Patriots game just when the Dolphins were leading 17-3. It was incredible to watch such a systematic collapse. Fumbles, miscommunication, bad plays, interceptions - it all happened at once.

In my opinion I don't think Tannehill can be judged properly right now with the team he has around him, plus the useless coaches. I suspect that he will come good whether it be with the Dolphins or another team further down the line..

The Dolphins just need to get through this season and then fire the coach, the general manager, and start again. There are some good players on this team but the environment that they are in doesn't help them, and I blame the coaches for this mainly.

Having a second year QB behind a poor offensive line is a recipe for disaster. It is hard for anyone to look consistently good because of this..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: