Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SFFMD 2013 Rules and Discussion Thread (GMs CHECK pg 37)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting never stopped.

People just havent been doing it.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Le-Morte-dJames

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should repost it to try to get people to vote again...

If we cant get many people maybe try doing a new post with a survey for just best team overall roster... If their is a survey generally a lot of people use it. It isn't ideal but better than getting no feedback
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Voting never stopped.

People just havent been doing it.

Frankly, if people don't want to vote, I'd either say, get new judges, or award a winner based on the votes you do have.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its annoying because some of the people that were rushing me didnt even bother to vote.

I dont even care now. I put the effort into running this thing and its not a big deal, but I get annoyed when people sign up and it seems like the same people end up disappearing at the end every year.

Next year, Im going to be extremely picky about who I choose to be in this league. Ill go recuriting people from other forums if I have to. I know certain people who will either have to have to be co-GMs or simply wont be participating.

Not trying to be an a-hole about it....I just see a trend that I am aiming to stop.

(PS..most of you should be able to figure out that you are safe and not who I am referring to)

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Its annoying because some of the people that were rushing me didnt even bother to vote.

Does that really shock you?

I dont even care now. I put the effort into running this thing and its not a big deal, but I get annoyed when people sign up and it seems like the same people end up disappearing at the end every year.

Honestly, not trying to step on any toes but, perhaps next season if you decide to do this again, you should deny those individuals entry.

Next year, Im going to be extremely picky about who I choose to be in this league. Ill go recuriting people from other forums if I have to. I know certain people who will either have to have to be co-GMs or simply wont be participating.

Not trying to be an a-hole about it....I just see a trend that I am aiming to stop.

(PS..most of you should be able to figure out that you are safe and not who I am referring to)

You're not being an a-hole, I'd feel the same way if I put in the effort to operate what is a pretty complex Fantasy Mock Draft.

Well I'm in for next year, I know that's a very long time from now, but I enjoyed it this year.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Does that really shock you?

Shock? No.

Annoy? Yes.

Quote:
Honestly, not trying to step on any toes but, perhaps next season if you decide to do this again, you should deny those individuals entry.

Thats the idea, but Id let certain people in as co-GMs, but not stand alone GMs.

Not even so much about me...but its kind of disrespectful to other GMs who actually put the effort in.

Certain people start off great, but when it gets deeper into the draft, they disappear and dont ever bother leaving their big board with other people.

Anyway...not going to discuss it too much. Just stating thats what I am thinking right now.

simonwayne wrote:
Le-Morte-dJames

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I cant say I was innocent of that... When we started skipping people and people posting picks out of order I got lost and missed an entire set of picks.

You did a great job running it 43 as im sure you've always done. Think next year we should slow the beginning of the draft down. Too many pushed for it too fast and now we got the teams done but no follow up.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le-Morte-dJames wrote:
Well I cant say I was innocent of that... When we started skipping people and people posting picks out of order I got lost and missed an entire set of picks.

You did a great job running it 43 as im sure you've always done. Think next year we should slow the beginning of the draft down. Too many pushed for it too fast and now we got the teams done but no follow up.

It wasn't so much a push to get it going fast, it was a push to not let it drag I think. Initially we were taking a minimum of two days to a do a single round, I think a round a day is reasonable, if you get more than that it, that's awesome.

But I think it was pushed too quickly to finish nearer to the end and like you said, there was no follow through.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin Johnson - 14/329/1 TD...just sayin' Wink

Let the bragging on your players begin...since the Steelers are stinking up the joint today!!!

EDIT: And McFadden is 13/56/2 TDs in the 1st half! Woo woo...oh, wait, that's against us... Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

EDIT #2: Cordarelle Patterson--tied record for longest play in NFL history to start the game...his second KR for a TD this season!!!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49
Page 49 of 49

Jump to: