Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blake Bortles QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

IDK why you bother 43... just a waste of time and energy

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Laughing

Careful JD...wouldnt want to be accused of being one of my sheep!

Wink

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Laughing

Careful JD...wouldnt want to be accused of being one of my sheep!

Wink

Haha. I've been called worse.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think a guy named Blake Bortles will ever be a quality NFL QB? I can't picture it. Would be a shock to my comprehension of the universe. It would be like that ginger piece of [inappropriate/removed] Andy Dalton winning a Super Bowl. After Bert Flacco and Eli (twice) doing it, I don't think I could handle living in that world.
"Roger Goodell, who’s a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate on him] to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”~James Harrison
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
It would be like that ginger piece of [inappropriate/removed] Andy Dalton winning a Super Bowl.

Wow, harsh. Confused

Anyway, I agree about Bortles.

Not that I would ever judge a player based soley on their name, but sounds like the name of a player that will be lucky to hang around on some teams practice squad for a few years until they are ultimately cut outright and forgotten about forever.

However, watching him play, I think he could be a decent backup. However, in terms of being a long term quality starter...outlook is buh-leak.

chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:
It would be like that ginger piece of [inappropriate/removed] Andy Dalton winning a Super Bowl.

Wow, harsh. Confused

Not that I would ever judge a player based soley on their name, but sounds like the name of a player that will be lucky to hang around on some teams practice squad for a few years until they are ultimately cut outright and forgotten about forever.

However, watching him play, I think he could be a decent backup. However, in terms of being a long term quality starter...outlook is buh-leak.

Prepare to be wrong my friend. He is a flat out stud. I would like to see RB Storm Johnson and he both come out early. I like both of them

What's in a name? I don't know, I value it slightly, it's added to the equation. It's like it is meant to be. It's like Jimmy Snyder, ehh, but Jimmy the Greek, this guy might know something. Robert Griffin III, I like it, RGIII, ohh really love it.

Here's what you need to understand about Bortles. He's a very athletic 6'4" QB and they don't grow on trees. When he rolls out of the pocket, he easily gets around the DE's and that's why I say Little Ben.

I'm no coward, if I see a rebuttal, then I respond, but sometimes I consider a point moot, as we will agree to disagree, so quite often I don't even look back at a post after responding to an initial rebuttal as I won't be able to change your mind anyway. Don't cry over spilt milk
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

Wow, harsh. Confused

Prepare to be wrong my friend. He is a flat out stud. I would like to see RB Storm Johnson and he both come out early. I like both of them

What's in a name? I don't know, I value it slightly, it's added to the equation. It's like it is meant to be. It's like Jimmy Snyder, ehh, but Jimmy the Greek, this guy might know something. Robert Griffin III, I like it, RGIII, ohh really love it.

Here's what you need to understand about Bortles. He's a very athletic 6'4" QB and they don't grow on trees. When he rolls out of the pocket, he easily gets around the DE's and that's why I say Little Ben.

I'm no coward, if I see a rebuttal, then I respond, but sometimes I consider a point moot, as we will agree to disagree, so quite often I don't even look back at a post after responding to an initial rebuttal as I won't be able to change your mind anyway. Don't cry over spilt milk

If I'm ultimately wrong about him....fine.

At this point, all anyone can do is give an opinion. He is a good college QB, but that doesnt necessarily mean he will be a good NFL QB.

At this point, I dont see him being a great NFL player. If we didnt take Jones this past draft, Id be okay with taking Bortles in the 4th or 5th, but he will likely going in the 3rd or 4th...possibly even 2nd, and thats out of the question IMO.

Until it becomes clear that Ben doesnt have much left, I wouldnt draft a QB outside of a late round backup. Any earlier and it better be a great value pick.

chrisororke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

Wow, harsh. Confused

At this point, all anyone can do is give an opinion. He is a good college QB, but that doesnt necessarily mean he will be a good NFL QB.

At this point, I dont see him being a great NFL player. If we didnt take Jones this past draft, Id be okay with taking Bortles in the 4th or 5th, but he will likely going in the 3rd or 4th...possibly even 2nd, and thats out of the question IMO.

Until it becomes clear that Ben doesnt have much left, I wouldnt draft a QB outside of a late round backup. Any earlier and it better be a great value pick.

Jones was a really bad pick. I was hoping he could show something and we could flip him for like a 2nd rd pick or something to any one of the terrible teams in need of anything at QB. He'll be 25 and won't see the field for a few years so epic fail.

I agree Bortles might find his way up to the 2nd rd bc of the prototypical size and arm but if he somehow made it to the 3rd rd comp in a QB heavy draft I would jump on it. You can't let a fail of one pick deter you from going back but I would agree it doesn't make a lot of sense if Ben will be the guy for say 5 years.

I guess the million dollar question is what do they do with Ben? 90% chance they resign him, and it's a non-issue, but I wouldn't feel comfortable giving him another 100M at his age, when it was such a big deal getting the first 100M. I just fear landing on Boardwalk and him getting hurt or something with this OL and we're crippled for a decade
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
chrisororke wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

Wow, harsh. Confused

Jones was a really bad pick. I was hoping he could show something and we could flip him for like a 2nd rd pick or something to any one of the terrible teams in need of anything at QB. He'll be 25 and won't see the field for a few years so epic fail.

I agree Bortles might find his way up to the 2nd rd bc of the prototypical size and arm but if he somehow made it to the 3rd rd comp in a QB heavy draft I would jump on it. You can't let a fail of one pick deter you from going back but I would agree it doesn't make a lot of sense if Ben will be the guy for say 5 years.

I guess the million dollar question is what do they do with Ben? 90% chance they resign him, and it's a non-issue, but I wouldn't feel comfortable giving him another 100M at his age, when it was such a big deal getting the first 100M. I just fear landing on Boardwalk and him getting hurt or something with this OL and we're crippled for a decade

I hated the Jones pick too...but it is what it is.

As such, Id give him another year...to see if he can progress in anyway. He will never be a starter, but Id give him next year to see if he can be a solid backup, which is all I care about at this point.

In 3-4 years or if Ben shows signs of serious on field decline, then Id start looking at the earlier round QBs and start thinking about life beyond Ben.

Like I said earlier this year....our long term starter post Ben is probably still in high school. (which makes me feel very very old)

chrisororke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20/24 286 4 TDs, 2 car. 26 yds TD .... backup QB

2 carries means he didn't get sacked either Very Happy

The Memphis game is looking like the Iowa game, if you know what I mean
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisororke wrote:

Yay...he had a nice statline vs a terrible winless team.

There are ALOT of QBs that never did anything in the league that have done the exact same thing....and against better competition.

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for a name....

If you seriously pictured the name Roethlisberger being connected to two Super Bowl wins and 3 appearances we were definitely on different pages.
My best case scenario was a Vince Ferragamo connection kind of career.

I kind of learned my lesson after that assumption...but I do understand the thinking.

...you have a forum resume?
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we can all agree a ginger will never win a ring, I'm good.
"Roger Goodell, who’s a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate on him] to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”~James Harrison
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
As for a name....

If you seriously pictured the name Roethlisberger being connected to two Super Bowl wins and 3 appearances we were definitely on different pages.
My best case scenario was a Vince Ferragamo connection kind of career.

I kind of learned my lesson after that assumption...but I do understand the thinking.

I dont actually think any less of a player based on a name...but some do have nicer rings than others.

chrisororke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
chrisororke wrote:

Yay...he had a nice statline vs a terrible winless team.

There are ALOT of QBs that never did anything in the league that have done the exact same thing....and against better competition.

Good stat line tonight. And the past few weeks really. It's crazy every time I watch this guy I'm like it's Big Ben, minus the lumbering down the field of course. Made some very Big Ben plays out there eluding the rush and throwing the ball downfield. The one play he eluded three guys for a sack and completed a ball downfield and I was like where have I seen that before. He actually can do a three step drop and usually only uses the extend the play as part of his repertoire instead of being a one trick pony. I imagine this guy has 15+ years in the NFL coming his way

1st round talent. I'd take him as high as 15th overall. Franchise QB. Slam dunk. Early 2nd rd would be ideal

Last edited by chrisororke on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: