Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Bucs RB Martin Out For Season-Torn Labrum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it, but GOOD. Now we won't run him into nine man fronts 30 times a game. This will likely extend his career.

As for Schiano, I think we're waiting for the dust to settle on him. If he broke any rules, we can probably let him go and not to have to pay him for the last three years of his contract.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
titanrick wrote:
Has Schiano stated he's gone for the year? Or is he sticking to his "iffy for next week" prognosis? Does he really have a chance of playing again or is this just another example of a coach wanting to control the story?

Bucs.com is reporting that he will miss "at least the next game". Maybe they're waiting on a second opinion?

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Bucs-Claim-RB-Rainey/ba0da322-b455-409b-89bb-51414b66a055
It would seem to me that Schiano is trying to win now to save his job where as the bucs are preparing for the future. Probably why Schiano is making it sound like Martin might play

Schiano is all but gone at this point. It's more a case of when rather than if. I think it could be after Thursday's game as it would give an interim extra time to prepare for the game next Sunday.

There's also the thought that the Glazers will wait to see the results of the NFLPA investigation into whether he leaked Freeman's status in the substance abuse programme. If he does, they could be off the hook for his salary. We won't know until after the fact though- the Glazers are notorious for keeping their cards close to their chest.

Doug Martin
Nucky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Looks like they just claimed Bobby Rainey off waivers. Good depth guy.
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Martin and Schiano have said he is not out for the year. Anyone have any insight on this?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Both Martin and Schiano have said he is not out for the year. Anyone have any insight on this?

It's a bit of an unknown. I think people are saying season ending because of the type of injury and the recovery times of other, similar injuries. There has been no offical word from the Bucs that he is done for the season. Only that he may miss "several weeks".

Doug Martin
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wait until he is "just good enough" to play?

I understand the drive and need to play but sometimes young players don't think about their future. This is a dead year with a pretty bad coach who should be gone. Heal fully(whether it is this year or next) and be ready to play a long successful career.

Schiano should be gone as he has already made some poor decisions. Was not a fan of this move for the Bucs when he was brought in and it doesnt look like it is going to work for them moving forward.
unfsaint

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Physical therapy is usually the first line therapy for a torn labrum. Often that is all that is necessary for rehabilitation. Given that the Bucs are done...my focus as Martin's doc would be to get him ready for next season. I would go with a two month PT regimen. If there is not complete recovery, scope and perform surgery. The rehab is typically 3-4 months post-op and the outcomes are good. But like every surgery...there are risks and they are not always successful. Given the 8 months before Martin has to be ready before next season...I would have him go PT first.

BTW...the idea that he will come back this season is a pipe dream. Could he? Sure...but it is not in his best interest and it is not in the best interest of the Bucs long term. The only person it would be helping is Schiano (who is probably making a deal with the devil to keep his job).
unfsaint

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:

Martin is a football player who wants to be on the field...Schiano is a coach who knows that wins are the only thing that will save his job. It is NOT in Martin's best interest to return this season...the team doc has to do what is in the best long term interest of Martin and the franchise. He SHOULD NOT be playing again this season.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfsaint wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

Martin is a football player who wants to be on the field...Schiano is a coach who knows that wins are the only thing that will save his job. It is NOT in Martin's best interest to return this season...the team doc has to do what is in the best long term interest of Martin and the franchise. He SHOULD NOT be playing again this season.

Dangerous combo: Young naive player and a desperate coach.

Point I was trying to make with my post. Putting your career on the line for a one and done coach in the NFL.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfsaint wrote:
Physical therapy is usually the first line therapy for a torn labrum. Often that is all that is necessary for rehabilitation. Given that the Bucs are done...my focus as Martin's doc would be to get him ready for next season. I would go with a two month PT regimen. If there is not complete recovery, scope and perform surgery. The rehab is typically 3-4 months post-op and the outcomes are good. But like every surgery...there are risks and they are not always successful. Given the 8 months before Martin has to be ready before next season...I would have him go PT first.

BTW...the idea that he will come back this season is a pipe dream. Could he? Sure...but it is not in his best interest and it is not in the best interest of the Bucs long term. The only person it would be helping is Schiano (who is probably making a deal with the devil to keep his job).

I agree completely. Schiano has been running him into the ground since day 1. Martin will be lucky to still be in this league past his second contract if the work load he has keeps up.

Schiano is done though. Rushing Martin back won't save his job. It's a matter of when the Glazers fire him now rather than if.

Doug Martin
kyle21121

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard that he's looking to return week 10. Any truth to this?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
I just heard that he's looking to return week 10. Any truth to this?

I hope we put him on IR.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

start him and please win some games! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he's not out for the season though the season is lost in Tampa anyway so maybe it's best they put him on IR and let him be 100% for 2014.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: