Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Head Coach Candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your Head Coach Choice
Jay Gruden
29%
 29%  [ 22 ]
Mike Zimmer
38%
 38%  [ 29 ]
Darrell Bevell
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Greg Roman
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Dan Quinn
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Todd Bowles
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Ray Horton
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Adam Gase
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Jack Del Rio
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Sean McDermott
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Other (Specify)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 75

Freakout

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the opinion on Brian Billick? I am a bit surprised his name is never mentioned. He always seems to talk positive of his time spent here as an assistant. You cannot overlook that he took a crappy Browns/Ravens team and turned them into a Superbowl winning team. He also has had some impressive assistant coaches.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
What is the opinion on Brian Billick? I am a bit surprised his name is never mentioned. He always seems to talk positive of his time spent here as an assistant. You cannot overlook that he took a crappy Browns/Ravens team and turned them into a Superbowl winning team. He also has had some impressive assistant coaches.

Brian Billick has an elite defense and Ray Lewis to thank for winning a super bowl. Billick has Randy Moss to thank for even getting that Baltimore job. Basically, Billick's career has benefited greatly from two HOF, potential greatest/near greatest of all time at there respective positions.

Billick was a strong offensive mind, but it is ironic that his offenses were always poor in Baltimore.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few names not often mentioned: Mike Sherman, Pete Carmichael, Scott Linehan, Rob Ryan
Freakout

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Freakout wrote:

Brian Billick has an elite defense and Ray Lewis to thank for winning a super bowl. Billick has Randy Moss to thank for even getting that Baltimore job. Basically, Billick's career has benefited greatly from two HOF, potential greatest/near greatest of all time at there respective positions.

Billick was a strong offensive mind, but it is ironic that his offenses were always poor in Baltimore.

True but does he deserve some credit for bringing in the type of coaches he had under him? I'd argue that has been Fraizer's biggest weakness.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest drawback on Lovie Smith is the fact he seems like a Leslie Frazier clone. Better at defense but he never once had a good offensive coach. And he went through a LOT of them.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a good offensive coach in Mike Martz; his scheme just didn't fit the players they had. Particularly at receiver and offensive line.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
He had a good offensive coach in Mike Martz; his scheme just didn't fit the players they had. Particularly at receiver and offensive line.

Most importantly, at the QB position as well. Cutler is not a Mike Martz style of QB as his system has always been based on timing and throwing into spots. Cutler just isnt that type of QB.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m
Jon Gruden says he'd like to give coaching "one more try" http://wp.me/p14QSB-9jAt

Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Jon Gruden says he'd like to give coaching "one more try" http://wp.me/p14QSB-9jAt

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/423/426/jon-gruden_display_image.jpg?1285994093[/img]

Hopefully not here. Not a Gruden fan at all, though I think he would make an awesome college guy.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
smiley4805

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

This would be great. I think he could build us something special. We should have pretty high picks next year, an extra 3rd rounder. There is some great QB talent available in the draft for him to choose HIS guy. I love it. GO GET HIM ZIGGY!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Gruden fan at all. Supposedly a QB guru, but name the young QB he developed. No thanks.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the D coordinator for Cleveland. They mentioned him being a headcoach candidate very soon.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
What about the D coordinator for Cleveland. They mentioned him being a headcoach candidate very soon.

That's rpmwr19's guy. I'd be very happy with Horton, depending on who he brought along. He also has to be heavily involved in his defense wherever he goes, as he is an outstanding defensive teacher.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:

Ray Horton. A lot of us like him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

That's rpmwr19's guy. I'd be very happy with Horton, depending on who he brought along. He also has to be heavily involved in his defense wherever he goes, as he is an outstanding defensive teacher.

Yup, comes from the - LeBeau 3-4 zone blitz scheme.

I imagine Harrison Smith in the Polamalu role, playing in the box as another linebacker essentially.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 20 of 100

Jump to: