Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Orleans Saints waive Martez Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfsaint wrote:
We screwed the pooch. Our (many) coaching staffs have failed Wilson. They jerked him around...trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole. He should have been in ILB from the very beginning...the position he played well in college and his rookie season. But the stupidity of our coaches ruined him.

I am not a football guy. I played pop-warner...then played baseball the rest of my life. But apparently the difference between me and the Saints coaching staffs is that I am not blind. From the very beginning I called moving Wilson to the outside a mistake. He is too stiff, couldn't run the arch, didn't have natural pass rush abilities, and wasn't very good in man coverage. I just described practically EVERY attribute of an OLB and DE. What he does well is attack the A gap with his elite quickness and his ability to overpower interior offensive linemen. He is also pretty good in zone coverage where he can use his speed and length to disrupt passing lanes. Again...I am a complete idiot when it comes to football and our defensive staffs have one up'ed me.

Well, the Raiders just claimed him off waivers so time will tell. My question regarding this is simple... They needed the roster spot for Griffin so they deemed Wilson expendable and dumped him. While WIlson's time in New Orleans can be considered a bust he in no way has been as big a bust than that of Mark Ingram. At least Wilson could have continued to provide depth at a weak position for us as well as being a member of our special teams unit to boot but we keep Ingram instead who quite frankly has giving this franchise absolutely nothing and does not benefit any other unit on the football team. Now reports have surfaced that Ingram has suffered yet another set back with his injured toe and is still not practicing.

If the Saints front office wants to move on from a player that has some type of value in the middle of the season, I question why they don't move on from on that has zero value? I think we all know why Ingram is still around and it's because this front office wants no backlash from his release, most Saints fans remember exactly what was given up to aquire Ingram and to admit that they missed this big this soon is not even in the cards.

Pride is keeping Ingram a Saints... Loomis & Payton's pride, nothing more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
spanky3801

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody can say whatever they want- no true position, character, stiff, ILB... it's a bunch of nonsense.
We git rid of the wrong guy. He is talented. He will developed into something nice. Gallette wasn't always this good.
God forbid we get rid of Ingram who truly has done NOTHING. Perhaps, Vilma who hasn't had a full season in 3 years... or how about Harper who clearly will not beat out Vacarro. Will Herring is terrible. Hell, even cut McCown if you feel that strongly.

This was a bad decision.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanky3801 wrote:
Everybody can say whatever they want- no true position, character, stiff, ILB... it's a bunch of nonsense.
We git rid of the wrong guy. He is talented. He will developed into something nice. Gallette wasn't always this good.
God forbid we get rid of Ingram who truly has done NOTHING. Perhaps, Vilma who hasn't had a full season in 3 years... or how about Harper who clearly will not beat out Vacarro. Will Herring is terrible. Hell, even cut McCown if you feel that strongly.

This was a bad decision.

You make valid points there Spanky... At least Wilson pitched in on Special teams and gave us depth at a decent price for the rest of this season. There are many other players I think could have gotten the ax if Sean Payton is telling the truth when he talks about it being a production decision. Ingram will always come to mind first but Vilma is a close second.

I think this offseason the Saints are going to shock a lot of us, I truly believed that there will be some cuts that will shock most Saints fans as this team continues to attempt to sign certain players while managing the cap while also adding the pieces Ryan wants and continuing to move towards a younger roster.

Jlowe22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a big WTF moment for me. For the love of all that is holy, cut Mark Ingram.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea might be to showcase a healthy Ingram then trade him? That just may be why Wilson got the axe. Wilson is a good player IMO and wish him nothing but the best.

^NS922 on the sig^
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Idea might be to showcase a healthy Ingram then trade him? That just may be why Wilson got the axe. Wilson is a good player IMO and wish him nothing but the best.

A little tid bit here... A lot of flack has been put towards Alabama running backs lately due to the putrid performances by both Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson, however over the last 3 games Eddie Lacy has been the NFL's leading rusher.

Now... Think about that for a minute!

Who on here thought Lacy would be better in the NFL than both Richardson and Ingram? Green bay throws the football just as much as us or maybe more. If any of us watched the Packers line... I have no qualms stating that the Saints front is superior to that of Green Bays.

So what's the point?

The point is... It's time to stop blaming the backs and o-line and finally place the blame of the running game woes squarely where it belongs and that's on Sean Payton's shoulders. A terrific play caller and passing game genius? Without a doubt!!! But a running game extraordinary he is not and his offense is still a place where runners go to die.

RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I see some of you guys liked Wilson alot, and had some potential. That is great to hear as he will get all the chances in the world on our D. We are very underrated at this point in time. Not a good defence yet, but not the complete circus that we were projected to be. Worst case Wilson is on ST and depth, best case he pushes Sio Moore and potentially takes him over. I doubt it however.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
So I see some of you guys liked Wilson alot, and had some potential. That is great to hear as he will get all the chances in the world on our D. We are very underrated at this point in time. Not a good defence yet, but not the complete circus that we were projected to be. Worst case Wilson is on ST and depth, best case he pushes Sio Moore and potentially takes him over. I doubt it however.

He will excite and frustrate... both quite often.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: