Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ratliff cleared for football activities; 6 teams interested
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIEY8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if any of you fans of teams other than the Cowboys know yet, but Jerry and the franchise are pursuing legal action against Ratliff.

Life Goes On
patsfan25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Jerry Jones call him out last year while he was trying to recover from a nagging injury, thus probably began the downward spiral that is what it is now?

Aite,

peace.
ChiefsFtw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIEY8 wrote:
I don't know if any of you fans of teams other than the Cowboys know yet, but Jerry and the franchise are pursuing legal action against Ratliff.

Reminds me of a certain someone ... Laughing
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Rotoworld_FB 4m
Bears sign DT Jay Ratliff to one-year deal

There will be lawyers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@Rotoworld_FB 4m

There will be lawyers.

Am I missing something here? He failed a physical and was released. The Cowboys lost patience and the Bears won out. I doubt there will be anything Jerrah can do...other than posture, of course.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@Rotoworld_FB 4m

There will be lawyers.

Am I missing something here? He failed a physical and was released. The Cowboys lost patience and the Bears won out. I doubt there will be anything Jerrah can do...other than posture, of course.

Quotes from his agent immediately after his release.
Quote:
This was not a sports hernia injury. It was never a sports hernia injury. Somehow, someway it became characterized that way. Once it became labeled a sports hernia, there became an expectation for his return – a timetable for his return based on the way other people have returned from that. That’s created a lot of mystery and supposition publicly. But it wasn’t a sports hernia. This was a very serious injury – muscle was ripped off the (pelvic) bone in two places. Tendons attached to the pelvis from inside the leg, from the abdomen at the top of the pelvis, were both ripped apart. It was a very vicious injury and takes a long time to heal. The expectation from the beginning was that it would take about a year.

If he could've played this year he would've been on the field.Those people that ever questioned his loyalty, maybe questioned his desire to play, integrity – all those things – those questions were misplaced. But again, I think a lot of that came from the fact that no one really understood the severity of the injury that Jay had suffered. As a result, there were unrealistic expectations for his return being bantered about publicly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@Rotoworld_FB 4m

There will be lawyers.

Quotes from his agent immediately after his release.
Quote:
This was not a sports hernia injury. It was never a sports hernia injury. Somehow, someway it became characterized that way. Once it became labeled a sports hernia, there became an expectation for his return – a timetable for his return based on the way other people have returned from that. That’s created a lot of mystery and supposition publicly. But it wasn’t a sports hernia. This was a very serious injury – muscle was ripped off the (pelvic) bone in two places. Tendons attached to the pelvis from inside the leg, from the abdomen at the top of the pelvis, were both ripped apart. It was a very vicious injury and takes a long time to heal. The expectation from the beginning was that it would take about a year.

If he could've played this year he would've been on the field.Those people that ever questioned his loyalty, maybe questioned his desire to play, integrity – all those things – those questions were misplaced. But again, I think a lot of that came from the fact that no one really understood the severity of the injury that Jay had suffered. As a result, there were unrealistic expectations for his return being bantered about publicly.

The quote does nothing to support your (sup)position that a lawsuit will ensue.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They paid him a massive amount of money to play football. He refused to play football due to an injury that had actually healed. He refused to work with team doctors because he knew that he was healthy enough to resume football activities. He forced the Cowboys into a release by refusing to take the field while making ridiculous money. Obviously it's impossible to know if they have a case without knowing the language of the contract, but Jones has already indicated this will be a legal matter, and that was before he signed with another team. Lawyers will be involved, there's little doubt about that.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For once Jerry Jones is in the right? Isn't this like... one of the signs of the Apocalypse? Thanks Jerruh!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Lawyers will be involved, there's little doubt about that.

...and the only one's who will get anything out of it if that is the case is the lawyers. The Cowboys don't have a leg to stand on. They don't have anything coming, nor should they.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

...and the only one's who will get anything out of it if that is the case is the lawyers. The Cowboys don't have a leg to stand on. They don't have anything coming, nor should they.
I don't see why they don't. The actions of Ratliff and his agent border on fraud.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I don't see why they don't. The actions of Ratliff and his agent border on fraud.

This may be true, but the only thing you've supplied in that quote is an explanation. Do you have doctors who disagree with that assessment? I'm just curious here.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is great mystery with the Ratliff case. He spent much of the off-season away from the team and their doctors to rehab on his own. The was after being cleared to play - last year. The entire tense contention was that he wasn't ready, but he was close and was training on his own.

Placed on the PUP, there was discussion that he should - easily - be back by week 6. That wasn't the case. Our doctors still were not given full access to him.

Upon his release, his agent explained he had a horrific injury and would need a full off-season before he could play again.

...yet he signed with another club with intent to play in a few weeks.

Legal matters will be perused. I don't know if anything will come out of it, but it is an odd situation of a player who clearly quit on the team.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

What nonsense. The Bears have signed him and do not expect him to be ready to play for several weeks. There is no doubt that he is still hurt nor than the team doctors have not examined him to determine what the situation is.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's apparently asking that people call him Jeremiah in an effort to turn over a new leaf.

Dominick Davis, Adam Jones, tra Thomas, William James - anybody else that tried this name change thing?
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: