Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Peyton Hillis...chances of resurrecting career?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sack Exchange

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Peyton Hillis...chances of resurrecting career? Reply with quote

What's up fellas, just wanted to know everyone's opinion on this topic. I've got a soft spot for power backs who truck over linebackers and defensive backs so when I heard the G-men pulled Peyton Hillis off the scrap heap I was pumped. Yeah I know his work ethic is in question and he flamed out with Cleveland, Kansas City and Tampa, but he still produced on a sorry Browns team over 1,000 yards and ten plus touchdowns. No small feat. I figure there is still a lot of tread on the big guys tires and am trying to stay optimistic about his future. I heard he was out of shape and ran like an elephant when trying to change directions but still rumbled for 81 total yards and a touchdown against a decent Vikings defense. Say what you will but putting up stats on a struggling offense in the NFL isnt easily done. What do you guys think?
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Cox over him. (god i hate saying this guys name)Also think Brown or Wilson take over the spot soon.

I don't think there's any chance we see any performances like his year with the Browns. Maybe he catches on as a pass catcher / blocker.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings have the 27th ranked overall defense and the 19th ranked rush defense. Technically speaking I believe his career will be resurrected because he seems to be staying healthy. But he will be nowhere close to the back he was in 2010. For now he'll split the carries with Cox and eventually will lose his carries to Wilson whenever he can come back from injury.

Hillis did what he needed to do on Monday to get us a win, but I'm not going to praise the man for beating down on a team that seemed to have given up. Plus like you said he was out of shape and probably honestly didn't even think that the Giants would give him a call given his lack of production following the 2010 year.

Also I'm taking your final line about putting up stats on a struggling offense with a grain of salt. Looking back the past few years as a running back you can easily put up stats when your offense has been struggling. Look at Peterson/Charles/Mcfadden/MJD/S. Jackson/Spiller... etc. And I dont even put Hillis on the same planet as those guys when they were putting up glorious stats on a terrible offense. Heck even Hillis did it in 2010. The Browns were 31st in the league in scoring because he was their only play maker.

I dont believe its that he's playing well, more like that everyone else is just playing worse thus making him look better.

Ps. Welcome to the forum Wink

I'm Possible
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nil.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him and wouldn't mind him as 3rd on the depth chart with Wilson and Brown next year. But as a starter he just doesn't have much to offer. Amazes me how he managed to put up such a great season.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
ESKY008

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
I prefer Cox over him. (god i hate saying this guys name)Also think Brown or Wilson take over the spot soon.

I don't think there's any chance we see any performances like his year with the Browns. Maybe he catches on as a pass catcher / blocker.

Lol I prefer Bush, but everyone is different lol.
bzane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I expect Jim Brown-type numbers out of Peyton Hillis the rest of the year.

ESPECIALLY when running behind The Subway Turnstiles!
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
Frankly, I expect Jim Brown-type numbers out of Peyton Hillis the rest of the year.

ESPECIALLY when running behind The Subway Turnstiles!

You broke my sarcasm meter!

I'm Possible
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean I'm sure he'll put up decent stats for us. I doubt he ever comes close to matching his seasonal production that year on the Browns, though. But that's fine because he's still a solid player. Good pass blocker, solid hands, good vision and second effort.

Curious to see how the carries are distributed once Wilson, Brown, and Jacobs all come back. I like Cox, too and think he should be a part of this teams future. Are we really going to carry 6 RB's on the roster including Conner, though? Cox is probably most likely to get waived/ps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: