Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ponder 2013: Is He Is or Is He Ain't Our QB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
All I have to say is this: there was A TON of talk criticizing Ponder and his ability to get the team in the end zone and settling for FG in the first 3 games. The last two games with Cassell and Freeman the team has 3 scoring drives total. Taking away the Patterson KO return, the Robison fumble recovery and Peterson's 78 yard run, the Vikes had 12 scoring drives in the first 3 games.

While we may not be on the jags level of awful, we are on par with NYG, AZ, and OAK.

All we caqn do is weather the storm. Winning no longer helps this team.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Adopt A Viking: Brian Robison

GS: 9 TKLS: 15 SK: 3.0 FF: 0 FR: 1 TD: 1 PD: 2
ktarinze

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
All I have to say is this: there was A TON of talk criticizing Ponder and his ability to get the team in the end zone and settling for FG in the first 3 games. The last two games with Cassell and Freeman the team has 3 scoring drives total. Taking away the Patterson KO return, the Robison fumble recovery and Peterson's 78 yard run, the Vikes had 12 scoring drives in the first 3 games.

Don't put much stock in the freeman game as he is starting in 2 weeks after learning a brand new playbook. Cassel struggled in the Carolina game but played better than Ponder has in the Steeler game.
UpperDecker30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:

Don't put much stock in the freeman game as he is starting in 2 weeks after learning a brand new playbook. Cassel struggled in the Carolina game but played better than Ponder has in the Steeler game.

I understand that, but man was he missing receivers BAD. It is hard not to watch those throws and think that he is just not good. I mean, he couldn't even hit checkdowns.
PeteyPercyPonde

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:

Cassel also got to have Jerome Felton back in the running game, which was huge. Pittsburgh's defensive front 7 is also by far the worst they have played all season.

Even if he didn't know the playbook he was missing people badly. They weren't timing routes he was missing on. They were guys in the flats, checkdowns, screen passes, etc. Freeman was terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:

Cassel also got to have Jerome Felton back in the running game, which was huge. Pittsburgh's defensive front 7 is also by far the worst they have played all season.

Even if he didn't know the playbook he was missing people badly. They weren't timing routes he was missing on. They were guys in the flats, checkdowns, screen passes, etc. Freeman was terrible.

Ponder had a lot of breaks to with the 3 To in the bears game and kickoff returned for a td in bears game. Plus petersons runs as well. Peterson hasn't gotten any blocking in the previous games, plus musgrave has refused to run the ball.

I never said Freeman wasn't terrible. I expected something bad as it was his first game back and playing with a whole different recieving team and a new playbook. He was bad, yes but we should still give him more than one game to prove himself.
vikings209

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saying Vikings scoring 28 points a game with Ponder as QB this year while the other 2 QBs are only scoring 17 points a game. Now you would think that scoring 28 points a game would result in wins but the defense is allowing 34 a game. I think our biggest problem is the defense more than Ponder himself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part of Ponder coming off receivers too early, making weak/late throws outside the hash, and making jump passes deep down the center of the field makes you think he had absolutely anything to do with us averaging 28 points a game?

The defense is a problem, granted, but it's not as if Ponder has made any game-impacting plays of note.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikings209 wrote:
Just saying Vikings scoring 28 points a game with Ponder as QB this year while the other 2 QBs are only scoring 17 points a game. Now you would think that scoring 28 points a game would result in wins but the defense is allowing 34 a game. I think our biggest problem is the defense more than Ponder himself.

1. Cassel has 2 games and in that one game he has looked the best out of any of our QB's. Coincidently that is the only victory we have. Freeman is in a whole new situation and playbook only having 2 weeks to prepare.

2. Some of those points are off kick off and punt returns and AD long runs.

3. The defense had it's best game in chicago giving him 3 TO and short fields to work with.

4. Are we going to count that garbage time against GB without clay matthews as something if you want to that's up to you. For me it's just stat padding and he finally took risk with the game out of reach. Maybe if he did that in the beginning we wouldn't of been in such a whole.

Ponder is just as bad as the QB's we have now the only QB that might become something is Freeman. Ponder will be a backup more than likely on any team he goes on. The defense is a problem but so is personnel, scheming and a whole bunch of other problems.
PeteyPercyPonde

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
What part of Ponder coming off receivers too early, making weak/late throws outside the hash, and making jump passes deep down the center of the field makes you think he had absolutely anything to do with us averaging 28 points a game?

The defense is a problem, granted, but it's not as if Ponder has made any game-impacting plays of note.

Hey now, that jump pass probably would have been complete for a huge gain if Williams hadn't made a blatant PI call. Just sayin'. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:

Ponder had a lot of breaks to with the 3 To in the bears game and kickoff returned for a td in bears game. Plus petersons runs as well. Peterson hasn't gotten any blocking in the previous games, plus musgrave has refused to run the ball.

I never said Freeman wasn't terrible. I expected something bad as it was his first game back and playing with a whole different recieving team and a new playbook. He was bad, yes but we should still give him more than one game to prove himself.

Outside of the 36 yard gain he had 25 carries for 64 yards and put the ball on the ground. That also included Adrian's horrible decision to lose 13 yards on 1st and 10 in the red zone. I love AD, but he wasn't the biggest asset in that game. If anyone got the best of the running game, it was Cassel in the Pittsburgh game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Ponder is good at Halloween.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad he's such a poor QB, seems to be a great guy.

That would definitely qualify as winning Halloween.
VikeSince70

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a Ponder supporter so I say this with sadness. Ponder on Sunday night simply had a one read and done approach. Gruden even showed after a play an example of Ponder missing a wide open Jennings. Gruden went on to say if Ponder stayed with Jennings longer and let the play develop Ponder would of seen an open Jennings.

It is like Ponder has no pocket awareness and thinks he has less time then he really has. For some reason he thinks he only has time for a one read offense. Maybe gun shy because of our guards who stops no ones middle penetration ? who knows /shrug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's the QB for Dallas?

Does anyone have a three sided coin they could throw in?

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:

Outside of the 36 yard gain he had 25 carries for 64 yards and put the ball on the ground. That also included Adrian's horrible decision to lose 13 yards on 1st and 10 in the red zone. I love AD, but he wasn't the biggest asset in that game. If anyone got the best of the running game, it was Cassel in the Pittsburgh game.

The running game has been inconsistent all year. I think ponder greatly benefited off that huge run by AD in that game and the lions game especially, which forced the lions to play AD even more. I think Ponder benefited as well in the GB game and can be argued that he got the best of Ad in that game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 49 of 63

Jump to: