Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PUP and IR players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: PUP and IR players Reply with quote

With six games in the books, the window is now open for PUP players to rejoin the active roster. Have we heard any news on any of them?

My wish is that Pressley takes Alex Smith's spot when he is ready.

Also Hawkins is two games away from being eligible to return. has anyone heard anything on him?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: PUP and IR players Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
With six games in the books, the window is now open for PUP players to rejoin the active roster. Have we heard any news on any of them?

Also Hawkins is two games away from being eligible to return. has anyone heard anything on him?
Alex Smith is in there primarily as a blocking TE, and he hasn't looked good when he's been in there.

Wouldn't be upset if we dropped Smith, switched Charles to TE-FB, and brought Pressley back.

The interesting question with Hawkins is who we drop @ WR, Whalen presumably ?
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: PUP and IR players Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Alex Smith is in there primarily as a blocking TE, and he hasn't looked good when he's been in there.

Wouldn't be upset if we dropped Smith, switched Charles to TE-FB, and brought Pressley back.

The interesting question with Hawkins is who we drop @ WR, Whalen presumably ?
Eifert was listed as the starter at TE/FB/H-Back or whatever last game. So i do think Alex is gone when Pressley is back.

I haven't heard anything about Hawkins. I don't think his return is imminent. Probably someone will go on IR and he'll take their spot.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
--FB Chris Pressley is eligible to return off PUP this week, but coach Marvin Lewis gave no timetable on if he would practice this week.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/thomson-reuters/131015/cincinnati-bengals-teamreport

Hawkins I know was running routes before the Cleveland game, but I can't really find anything after that, albeit I didn't look all that hard.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: PUP and IR players Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Eifert was listed as the starter at TE/FB/H-Back or whatever last game. So i do think Alex is gone when Pressley is back.

I haven't heard anything about Hawkins. I don't think his return is imminent. Probably someone will go on IR and he'll take their spot.

Alex Smith should be cut after that ridiculous penalty that cost us Nugents' first field go try up in Buffalo.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Quote:
--FB Chris Pressley is eligible to return off PUP this week, but coach Marvin Lewis gave no timetable on if he would practice this week.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/thomson-reuters/131015/cincinnati-bengals-teamreport

Hawkins I know was running routes before the Cleveland game, but I can't really find anything after that, albeit I didn't look all that hard.

Looking forward to having Hawkins back.

Sanu has been good for us, but sometimes I just think we need more speed in the slot, and we need another deep speed threat other than AJ. Hawkins and Bernard in on 3rd down could be scary good.

Need me some babyhawk........
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Quote:

Sanu has been good for us, but sometimes I just think we need more speed in the slot, and we need another deep speed threat other than AJ. Hawkins and Bernard in on 3rd down could be scary good.

Sanu is good in the slot, but i think he can be great outside. I'd like to see Hawkins back just so Sanu will play out wide more often.

I've been saying for a few weeks now - throw him the ball!

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Quote:

Sanu is good in the slot, but i think he can be great outside. I'd like to see Hawkins back just so Sanu will play out wide more often.

I've been saying for a few weeks now - throw him the ball!

Agree 'J'.

Not dissin' Mo Sanu, who has been pretty darn good; I just like Hawkins speed and separation from the slot. Mo has shown he can play all the spots, (and some QB too).....

I thought Sanu and Jones looked a pretty effective duo outside v BUF, setting up some pretty good looking blocks and screens for each other. There's an awful lot of variety and flexibility there with those two.

Green/ Sanu/ Jones/ Hawkins/ Sanzenbacher looks a pretty impressive WR crew. Still not sold on Tate yet despite that PR up in BUF! I suppose Whalen gets scratched for Hawkins at some point, although of course we have carried 7 x WR in the past. Being on the edge of the CIN 53, I always thought Whalen would end up with his old college coach over in SF at some point.

Wouldn't mind seeing S'bacher get some tries @ PR sometime........

Last edited by LondonBengal on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Wouldn't mind seeing S'bacher get some tries @ PR sometime........

Any OSU fans here? Did he return punts in college?

I'd be scared to use him if he's never done it before. 80% of returning punts is just catching the ball (see Adam Jones last Sunday).

Oh, and i made that % up. But it's very important. And it's one reason i don't hate on Tate as a returner anymore. At least he catches and secures the football.

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if I remember correctly he returned some punts. But OSU has had so many white WRs over the years its hard to keep track of who Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When those guys get brought back up, Alex Smith and Ryan Whalem must go. Whalem will be gone for sure. I wouldn't be shocked if they decide to get rid of Orson Charles instead of Alex Smith though.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
if I remember correctly he returned some punts. But OSU has had so many white WRs over the years its hard to keep track of who :D

Sanzenbacher only returned 2 punts his jr year (8.5 per).

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/dane-sanzenbacher-1.html

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
if I remember correctly he returned some punts. But OSU has had so many white WRs over the years its hard to keep track of who Very Happy

Sanzenbacher only returned 2 punts his jr year (8.5 per).

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/dane-sanzenbacher-1.html

OK, something in my mind said he had done more than that.

I know Tate catches the ball reliably; and that primarily is what the coaches want; I just don't think Tate looks particularly 'electric' bringing it out.

McCalebb is the guy I would eventually like to see given a chance back there. He has Marquise Goodwin type speed, and I saw him return a couple of kicks all the way when @ Auburn. I know he's currently listed as a CB, but IMO, he's best on offence for us in the future.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkins is practicing today, as per the Bengals Twitter feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: