Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jermichael Finley placed on injured reserve 'SAD FACE'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwaye50 wrote:
Just read this on an ESPN blog...

"Several recent Packers players who sustained bruised spinal cords or columns -- including safety Gary Berry (in 2000), receiver Terrence Murphy (2005) and linebacker Jeremy Thompson (2009) -- all were diagnosed with stenosis. The Packers did not clear them, and they never played in the NFL again."

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers

I think we have seen the end of Finley considering what I read above and how the Packers have handled it before.

So I missed the part where Finley was similarly diagnosed with stenosis.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stated 4-6 weeks because that is what's being reported. Its a bruise and like any bruise, its gonna swell--hence the short term paralysis. No fracture or dislocation or anything long term issue wise. When the swelling goes down, function is restored. You don't hear about guys losing careers to bruised spines. Stenosis is something no team wants because in general it increases risk of injury and their severity. You heard Jarvis Jones was taken off some teams radars entirely because of spinal stenosis.

I remember being at the re-dedication of Lambeau in '03. Driver got slipped upside down doing Driver things and had to be taken off on a stretcher with his face mask off. Scary as hell.

But ultimately he's got a family living off this career. He's young--probably got expensive stuff he still owes the bank for. And he probably loves the game and his team.
MathMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No double letters in Jermichael Decorean Finley's name.

He'll be fine.

Power of Veto 8 comp:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=18740447#18740447
MaryTsraining3s

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwaye50 wrote:

"Several recent Packers players who sustained bruised spinal cords or columns -- including safety Gary Berry (in 2000), receiver Terrence Murphy (2005) and linebacker Jeremy Thompson (2009) -- all were diagnosed with stenosis. The Packers did not clear them, and they never played in the NFL again."

I think we have seen the end of Finley considering what I read above and how the Packers have handled it before.

Do some people just not read any of the other 11 pages of threads and just come in and post blind? The information your post contains was covered on like page 3, and it was stated that Finleys injury is nowhere near as severe as any of the above players. Yes there is a possibility that he never plays for the Packers again, but the most RECENT reports show nothing except optimism, so wherever this negativity is coming from is becoming awfully frustrating.
MathMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:
dwaye50 wrote:

Do some people just not read any of the other 11 pages of threads and just come in and post blind? The information your post contains was covered on like page 3, and it was stated that Finleys injury is nowhere near as severe as any of the above players. Yes there is a possibility that he never plays for the Packers again, but the most RECENT reports show nothing except optimism, so wherever this negativity is coming from is becoming awfully frustrating.

Yup,

An Anagram of Jermichael Finley's name is:

Ache Fine Jelly Rim

Power of Veto 8 comp:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=18740447#18740447
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:
dwaye50 wrote:

Haha, no, I can admit without a doubt that I don't always read 100% of the thread before I comment. Although, that is one reason I don't post in TAPT as much...just too much of a time commitment to read through all that stuff Laughing

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even though Jermichael Finley should be able to play NFL again, it would not be surprising if Packers consider IR sometime this week

https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/392713407637749760
Bears Are Legit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he goes to the IR he's done for the season right?
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Just played a game on madden with Bostick. Can confirm he sucks.

Kids a little scary as of today, that's for sure. Clearly the IQ is his core issue. That wonderlic score was the truth. At some point ya need to sink or swim though. Can't do much post, but Rodgers needs to make sure Bostick sees the same thing as him pre. Might even be one of those "get open and I'll find ya" deals..... Laughing

I like the guy. I feel like he can become a piece right now. But he did suck in Madden.

What was his Wonderlic? I looked it up and can't find it!

He scored a 4 on it if I remember right. Matters not, go watch his reps this past weekend and you'll see real fast why a guy like that can be scary on the field. Many a pick-6 has been made by playing a talent at his stage of development. Kids one hell of an athlete and has sound hands. I have little doubt about his ability to beat coverage. Mac's system is all about being in the window at the right time though and I'm not sure he can find the "soft" on the plays where this in not the case.

NOT AT ALL SAYING BOSTICK CAN'T. Just need to see it first, that's all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

Kids a little scary as of today, that's for sure. Clearly the IQ is his core issue. That wonderlic score was the truth. At some point ya need to sink or swim though. Can't do much post, but Rodgers needs to make sure Bostick sees the same thing as him pre. Might even be one of those "get open and I'll find ya" deals..... Laughing

I like the guy. I feel like he can become a piece right now. But he did suck in Madden.

He scored a 4 on it if I remember right. Matters not, go watch his reps this past weekend and you'll see real fast why a guy like that can be scary on the field. Many a pick-6 has been made by playing a talent at his stage of development. Kids one hell of an athlete and has sound hands. I have little doubt about his ability to beat coverage. Mac's system is all about being in the window at the right time though and I'm not sure he can find the "soft" on the plays where this in not the case.

Fair.

Rarely do we see a fit so predicated on the timing. That chemistry is probably half the battle alone. Quick way to lose your job is to lose Aaron's trust.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

4 Laughing Forget finding zones, you'll be lucky if he runs the right direction off the LOS Laughing

In all seriousness though, I do really like the guy, and hope he can do alright

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears Are Legit wrote:
If he goes to the IR he's done for the season right?

Yes.

I'm guessing Thursday is when we'll hear Finley going on IR.

How does everyone like our Superb Owl chances now? This is eerily similar to the 2010 season, although that season was even more dire midway through.
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope MM and company are not to hasty in putting Finley on IR until all the tests are in. It would be unfair to JerM if they do on Thursday and we find out in a week or two that he would have been cleared to play without reservation. We can just have him inactive like we are doing with Clay for the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefty posting a link to a Journal Sentinel article from a Doc saying he probably needs surgery, and would be worried something was missed if he doesnt.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:

Lot of amateur reporters.....They want to be the first one to "break the news"....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 13 of 23

Jump to: