Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Too young for....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiD_Wisdom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Too young for.... Reply with quote

Are we too young for a no huddle offense? Not necessarily running plays every 20 seconds or anything. But at least after a play everyone gets in formation that way pryor has all the time he can to read the defense and make adjustments. I dont know if it will help or hurt our delay of game penalties but ithink it would help.

I obviously dont know what the offesnse is capable of mentally but if they can learn 20 or 25 plays or so to run from the no huddle i think it would be effective. And maybe being young will help to not tire out as quick as the defesnse would be. Just a thought since they had a bye week to try and tweak what we need to.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we are too young. I think it has more to do with the fact that we don't have the starting Oline out there to make calls, or the season starting QB. Remember Pryor was the backup until the first week of the season. I think we might see some of it next year when everyone is healthy and Pryor has a whole offseason under his belt.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think our QB can do it. I feel there's mental limitations that may improve w/ experience but we won't know for sure until later down the line.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coaches don't seem to trust Pryor calling audibles at the line, so I would guess a no huddle offense is out of the question as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
The coaches don't seem to trust Pryor calling audibles at the line, so I would guess a no huddle offense is out of the question as well.

Which is weird since he did it in preseason and Flynn didnt. I think it's having guys off the street playing oline personally. You can't call audibles with guys who are missing their assignments on the regular play that's call.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyror said he missed calling blocking assignments against the Chiefs. It seems like he/the staff rely a lot of Wiz or gourde to do that for him. Certainly doesn't seem like he has the knowledge to run the no huddle.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love for us to run it, but since we haven't I can't help but wonder if we really are unable. Maybe its Pryor, maybe its the never-ending shuffling of the OL. Maybe we just suck collectively. Not sure why, but I think it could really help us to run the no huddle.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playbook is limited at the moment.

It's likely a combination of Pryor's inexperience, having a decimated OL, and the fact that Olson had to change the offensive schemes to fit Pryor last second when Matt Flynn lost his job. I think a lot of people forget the last part.
Django

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
I don't think our QB can do it. I feel there's mental limitations that may improve w/ experience but we won't know for sure until later down the line.

Funny you say that..

Pryor actually ran the no huddle offense at times in the preseason. Which hinted towards me truly believing in his progression. However, havent seen much of it during the regular season.

He was awful at the 2 minute offense in college...

That OSU vs. USC game Embarassed
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Too young for.... Reply with quote

KiD_Wisdom wrote:
Are we too young for a no huddle offense? Not necessarily running plays every 20 seconds or anything. But at least after a play everyone gets in formation that way pryor has all the time he can to read the defense and make adjustments. I dont know if it will help or hurt our delay of game penalties but ithink it would help.

I obviously dont know what the offesnse is capable of mentally but if they can learn 20 or 25 plays or so to run from the no huddle i think it would be effective. And maybe being young will help to not tire out as quick as the defesnse would be. Just a thought since they had a bye week to try and tweak what we need to.

Thoughts?

I made one post on the same subject when we were all arguing with a few of us saying Pryor is a dynamic player and capable of doing a lot for this team. Maybe just before we went to the Official Pryor Thread. I know he can do it and early on with defenses not knowing if he was going to run pass or hand off it would create a terrible situation for the opposing team.

Quote:

Quote:

Both intelligent guys spewing hatred. Of course he can do it but the O line needs to know the plays and you know............block.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Funny you say that..

Pryor actually ran the no huddle offense at times in the preseason. Which hinted towards me truly believing in his progression. However, havent seen much of it during the regular season.

He was awful at the 2 minute offense in college...

That OSU vs. USC game Embarassed

I thought he ran it in the preseason but wasn't sure. I do remember him doing it in college and as you noted, it wasn't the prettiest at times. He did do it well in a couple of games if I remember correctly.

PM sig requests.
G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our D needs the rest so no huddle would probably hurt the D.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Good point, G. I agree especially w/ the way they've been playing so far this season... for the most part.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Too young for.... Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
KiD_Wisdom wrote:

Thoughts?

I made one post on the same subject when we were all arguing with a few of us saying Pryor is a dynamic player and capable of doing a lot for this team. Maybe just before we went to the Official Pryor Thread. I know he can do it and early on with defenses not knowing if he was going to run pass or hand off it would create a terrible situation for the opposing team.

Quote:

Quote:

Both intelligent guys spewing hatred. Of course he can do it but the O line needs to know the plays and you know............block.

Why when you questions Pryor is it hatred? My statement was accurate. Pryor isn't making audibles currently. He still wears the play sheet on his arm. So running a no huddle seems out of the question currently.

It's not hatred when there is facts to support issues w/ his inability to get the team out of the huddle timely, etc. Things a QB needs to do first before advancing to calling an offense at the LOS in a no huddle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
G wrote:

Good point, G. I agree especially w/ the way they've been playing so far this season... for the most part.

Great point. Step one is getting the running game going again (from RB's). Hopefully we get some OL back today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: