Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame Discussion: Packers (4-2) defeat Browns 31-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
not even saying that they weren't good just not as dominate as previous weeks.

We're just missing our two best OLBs, our Mike and our top back up at OLB is playing hurt.

Sig brought to you by Justo
GreenGold12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

We're just missing our two best OLBs, our Mike and our top back up at OLB is playing hurt.

By the way.. wondering if they'll be able to take Lattimore off the field once Jones is healthy. Jones has had a good season but I love the swagger that Lattimore brings. He's only adding to our new defensive culture IMO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenGold12 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

By the way.. wondering if they'll be able to take Lattimore off the field once Jones is healthy. Jones has had a good season but I love the swagger that Lattimore brings. He's only adding to our new defensive culture IMO

He should see some OLB snaps with Perry out, remember he came in as an OLB. I'd say Lattimore > Mulumba at this point, I wouldn't mind seeing him start and play most of the snaps at OLB.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:

I'd say Lattimore > Mulumba at this point.

no doubt... & helps that JL has been in the system for multiple years now

Andy isnt terrible though, hes trying his a** off... reminds me of moses last year (hopefully doesn't suffer the same fate & takes a better second step in the offseason)
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Jones and Lattimore have been trained as ILB and OLB. Both of them on the field gives some flexibility.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Kampman74

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

I know I guess with the dline depth and rotation that we had I thought that they would be able to make us not miss Clay, and Perry, and Jones not as much. I mean it is a tall task, and not easy to do. I might be way off here but it seemed like there were holes to attack and the defenders didn't swarm as much. I dunno I know we are ranked way high in run D, but just different in yesterdays game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

I know I guess with the dline depth and rotation that we had I thought that they would be able to make us not miss Clay, and Perry, and Jones not as much. I mean it is a tall task, and not easy to do. I might be way off here but it seemed like there were holes to attack and the defenders didn't swarm as much. I dunno I know we are ranked way high in run D, but just different in yesterdays game.
Clay is EASILY our best defender. no way we were just going to plug n play and not miss him. Perry was starting to really click and Jones has been one of our most consistent since taking over for Smith last year. Those are three of our most important front 7 guys (Jones not so much now that we've seen Latti in his role without any drop off) and you thought we wouldn't miss them as much??

Kempes on the custom sig!
Kampman74

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

Clay is EASILY our best defender. no way we were just going to plug n play and not miss him. Perry was starting to really click and Jones has been one of our most consistent since taking over for Smith last year. Those are three of our most important front 7 guys (Jones not so much now that we've seen Latti in his role without any drop off) and you thought we wouldn't miss them as much??

Haven't you been to NFL gen or comparisons, Clay is a one trick pony that we won't miss at all. Or D is always as bad as 2011, Rodgers is the only good player that we have.... yeah after reading what I typed outloud I feel like an idot. My bad , but weren't they better the week before against a better runnning team?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Palmy - wondering what your thoughts are on banjo after watching cut up?

I view him as Charlie Peprah with better wheels. Never going to be a star in this league but could be the most complete safety on this roster not named Burnett. Jack of all trades, master of none type in every way. Game is really starting to slow down for him though. Would not shock me if he starts to see the field a good bit more than he has in the near future. I don't take Jennings off the field for him yet. But Banjo has no real clear cut flaws like both Jennings and McMillian have. Just needs to clean up the angles and get reps.

Long story short. If your a sum of all that parts guy, you might take Banjo over both Jennings and McMillian. But both Jennings and McMillian are better at what they do best than Banjo is. I would give Jennings a very clear lean on Banjo in coverage and I would give McMillian a very clear lean on Banjo near the box. Fact is, Jennings is trash in the run game and McMillian is trash in coverage. Banjo, not so much.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda what I was thinking. Noticed that McMillian didn't get any playing time this week and was reading that Hyde is now the dime guy in place of McMillian as well.

Banjo offers some nice things on STs as well, nearly blocked the punt this past week.

Just think he might have a real future here with his current trajectory. Would be ideal if he developed some ball skills along the way Smile
skibrett15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Kinda what I was thinking. Noticed that McMillian didn't get any playing time this week and was reading that Hyde is now the dime guy in place of McMillian as well.

Banjo offers some nice things on STs as well, nearly blocked the punt this past week.

Just think he might have a real future here with his current trajectory. Would be ideal if he developed some ball skills along the way Smile

Yeah, really gotta wonder if McMillian even has a role on this team if they had to do it all over again. Hyde making some tough plays near the LOS, so what's the point of Jerron at this stage?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

Three things:

1) I would not cry if the Packers cut McMillian at this point. I see very little value in him in todays NFL. Even more so on a team like the Packers where teams are often passing the ball to play keep/catch up.

2) If Hyde keeps playing the way he has inside I'm starting to wonder if Williams is at risk of some real deal lost reps when Hayward gets back. Shields and House are clearly better out wide at this point and why not develop what could be a great young combo inside as well in Hyde/Hayward. Add in the fact that Williams brings little to the table in terms of special teams value and he might even be on the backend of the gameday ups in the near future. Those guys on the back of your depth need to bring ST's value. That's Nixon, not Williams!

3) If Banjo had ball skills he would have been a mid round draft pick. Sadly, those things just about never develop. Ya got it or you don't 99 times out of 100.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Three things:

1) I would not cry if the Packers cut McMillian at this point. I see very little value in him in todays NFL. Even more so on a team like the Packers where teams are often passing the ball to play keep/catch up.

2) If Hyde keeps playing the way he has inside I'm starting to wonder if Williams is at risk of some real deal lost reps when Hayward gets back. Shields and House are clearly better out wide at this point and why not develop what could be a great young combo inside as well in Hyde/Hayward. Add in the fact that Williams brings little to the table in terms of special teams value and he might even be on the backend of the gameday ups in the near future. Those guys on the back of your depth need to bring ST's value. That's Nixon, not Williams!

3) If Banjo had ball skills he would have been a mid round draft pick. Sadly, those things just about never develop. Ya got it or you don't 99 times out of 100.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ZF8Itys70

Even peprah got his once in a while!!!! But yeah, next to burnett I'm not so worried about his ball skills considering hayward, shields, tramon, hyde all have those skills.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Hyde having the skillset that he does, I really think we'll end up seeing quite a few one-safety looks. 5 of the 6 best DB's on the roster are CB's.
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaHa anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: