Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thursday Night Showdown: Hawks vs Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
It's easier to key in with less weapons to worry about and lower quality opponents.

This has been one of Wright's worst performances/years as a whole IMO. The fact that people start defending him now doesn't make sense to me. Years prior I was willing to give him a chance, but after what I've seen this year and with Malcolm Smith having looked at least equal to him on the field, I'm hoping we can get some draft capital for him. If we can't get anything significant, we let him stay through next year and then move on if he wants any sort of decent contract.
I don't think Wright is a bad player though. What I don't like about Wright is that he doesn't belong at WLB in this scheme. He's not quick enough. Our WLB is really a pretty similar player to Kam, and Smith occupies that role much better.

On the other hand, he's not as good a fit as Irvin at SLB here either. He's not explosive enough or good enough of a pass rusher.

His best position is really MLB, but our FO has said they want an explosive athlete at that position too. All in all, I am not sure he has a spot here in the future.

No, don't get me wrong....I don't think he's "bad" either. Not even close. I'm saying that personally, unless there's a superstar at the position, we should be looking to improve it if possible. That's how good teams stay good rather than watching their talent deteriorate or leave town. I completely agree with your points though. Smith offers us more speed at the position and better coverage down the field. He's even a pretty good blitzer when given the opportunity. Even if Smith isn't the future at the position, I want someone who is quick, at least average in strength for a linebacker and is sound in coverage. Someone like Sean Weatherspoon would make me happy. If we somehow had 2 firsts this year, CJ Mosley would be a player I'd love to add to this defense. Really hoping we can get rid of one of our needs in free agency (Right Tackle).
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think we're going to see more and more with the defense especially is the need to maintain through the draft. You either settle for mediocre talent that you can afford to sign, or you sign solid backups and, keep your premier players, and keep your team talented with the draft

I think with how much money the likes of Sherm, Earl, and hopefully Bennett are going take up, guys like KJ and Browner will fall by the wayside.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Plush

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty Disappointed if we don't win the next 4 straight
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
I'm pretty Disappointed if we don't win the next 4 straight

I can see us losing maybe the falcons in this stretch, but otherwise I agree. Our next two opponents have lost their best offensive players.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
canucks9314

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:

Hey do you know what Sweezy's rating on the year is? He might be our best Olineman so far. I don't really remember him getting destroyed.

-4.1, which ranks him 52nd out of 72 guards this year.

lol nvm Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:

Hey do you know what Sweezy's rating on the year is? He might be our best Olineman so far. I don't really remember him getting destroyed.

lol nvm Laughing

Still better than Carp!!
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:

lol nvm Laughing

Still better than Carp!!

What's carps rating? Where do you find these ratings?

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
canucks9314

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Finchy wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:

lol nvm Laughing

Still better than Carp!!

What's carps rating? Where do you find these ratings?

Pro football focus. You gotta pay for them, I believe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: