Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you trust Rick Spielman to draft the next QB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you trust Rick Spielman to draft the next QB?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 30 ]
No
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
Depends on Freeman
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 50

this providence

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero confidence in him as a GM in general. Even less so (if possible) when making important decisions that will shape this team for the next 3-5 seasons that comes along with drafting a QB highly in a draft.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
Zero confidence in him as a GM in general. Even less so (if possible) when making important decisions that will shape this team for the next 3-5 seasons that comes along with drafting a QB highly in a draft.

I hate to say it, but Zygi needs to hire one of those outside "consultants" to evaluate this organization from top to bottom. Someone like Bill Polian springs to mind.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
SodakViking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
this providence wrote:

I hate to say it, but Zygi needs to hire one of those outside "consultants" to evaluate this organization from top to bottom. Someone like Bill Polian springs to mind.

Bill Polian is more of a moron than Brad Childress.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:
milanb wrote:
this providence wrote:

Fine. I'm not set on anyone in particular.

The point is that Zygi needs some expert advice from outside the organization.

ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
SodakViking wrote:
milanb wrote:
this providence wrote:

This, even though I would probably give him one more chance, but would shed no tears if he was let go. I wouldn't mind blowing it all up.
SodakViking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
milanb wrote:
SodakViking wrote:
milanb wrote:
this providence wrote:

This, even though I would probably give him one more chance, but would shed no tears if he was let go. I wouldn't mind blowing it all up.

I pretty much fall into this category, as well. Although I'm more inclined to give Spielman like 2 years with his pick of a coach.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Spielman. I think NFL Agents like him which helps in offseason dealings. He took a chance on Ponder and it didn't work out. I think he's drafted well overall. He didn't have an Aaron Rodgers fall in his lap like Thompson to make everyone forget his not so great draft choices. I think he's earned another year or two.
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
Well, what about passing on Kaepernick, Dalton, Russell Wilson, Cousins, Geno Smith, etc? Are they not all better than Ponder?

didn't 20+ teams pass on Aaron Rodgers?

maybe all those GM's should be fired.
Maybe, if those same teams didn't have QB's, and then passed year after year on guys who seem to be franchise QB's, then draft guys who no one thinks are franchise QB's, then, while your team is realing from the death of the son of the face of the entire franchise, you sign a qb to come in showing what you think of the team after 25% of the season is gone. Then couple that with a guy who didn't go get a falling dez bryant or get a demarius thomas when throwing all in with farve, then, who thought Carney was who belichick wanted instead of all-pro Wilfork (when u had a dire need for a NT), so you throw away a 4th round pick to move up one slot and take a BUST in carney (who thought he was good), then, at that point, maybe you are not the genius you think you are and should be fired. maybe one could look at secondary draft picks - like, how many 1st and second rounders have been taken? how many 3rd and 4th? and how many are actually talented enough to be starters? Keeping cook after the domestic, the injuries, the lack of plays (no picks), and now looking at having to PAY him to keep him in the last year of a deal or watching young talent walk without adequate compensation? How does one conclude when rebuilding an injury prone, selfish, charged domestic abusing, non-scheme playing, no hands corner is a guy you build around? because he is tall and can tackle guys that catch on him? Because u suck so bad at drafting secondary, he is far and away the best? luckily, young talent constantly leaves under spielman regimes for nothing but a compensatory pick, so it will hardly be noticed. maybe, at that point, a guy should be nervous about his job, though? What about a guy who thinks this viking secondary can't afford to pay Winfield because of all the talent he has drafted, should that guy be nervous? Nice blinders.
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily for Spielman, he drafted a QB who Jim Harbough thinks can play. McLeod John Baltazar Bethel-Thompson is now a 49r. I guess they were not as set as QB as us, though.
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
I like Spielman. I think NFL Agents like him which helps in offseason dealings. He took a chance on Ponder and it didn't work out. I think he's drafted well overall. He didn't have an Aaron Rodgers fall in his lap like Thompson to make everyone forget his not so great draft choices. I think he's earned another year or two.
Yeah, i imagine the agent for Jennings absolutely loves him. Oh, and John Carlson's agent. jerome Simpson's agent, too, i imagine.
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about a GM who, in the midst of a struggle at QB and a struggle with winning and a team that is coping with watching it's star player cope with the death of his son, decides, "you know, i think we should bring in a QB right now. What this team needs is a QB controversy with a guy who put in zero during OTA, spring ball, practice, hasn't seen the playbook, plays nothing similar to musgrave's offense, has a horrendous completion percentage right now and pay him more than the other QB's."
usdvikes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
What do you guys think about a GM who, in the midst of a struggle at QB and a struggle with winning and a team that is coping with watching it's star player cope with the death of his son, decides, "you know, i think we should bring in a QB right now. What this team needs is a QB controversy with a guy who put in zero during OTA, spring ball, practice, hasn't seen the playbook, plays nothing similar to musgrave's offense, has a horrendous completion percentage right now and pay him more than the other QB's."

I think he tried something to help the team's abysmal QB play. If he hadn't brought in Freeman I'm sure there are plenty of fans that would be upset that he let Freeman sign with another team.

Ponder isn't living up to his draft status, Cassel is not the future either, and this team is already well under .500. What does it really hurt to sign a guy that is still young and might benefit from a change of scenery? Sure he shouldn't be starting yet, but is that on Spielman?
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont have problem with the timing of signing Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was listening to The Clash on the radio and it kind of reminded me of the Vikings front office.

Fans you gotta let me know
Should Rick stay or should he go?
If you say that Rick is fine
Vikes may suck til the end of time
So you gotta let know

Should Rick stay or should he go now?
Should Rick stay or should he go now?
If he goes there will be trouble
And if he stays it will be double
So come on and let me know

Eh?

moss_is_1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman missed on Ponder...what about his other picks though? He's been very good as the main GM and away from "the triangle".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: