Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Options With Cobb/Jones Out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Frank-O


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 1108
Location: Wisconsin - Cheeseland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
Quote:
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde
McCarthy on James Jones: "They thought two, maybe three weeks (for him to be out.)" Missed game Sunday with knee injury.


Oh no.

So for the Vikes and Bears games, we are looking at:

Nelson
Boykin
White
Quarless

as the top 4 receiving options?

Gulp.

A) Don't forget Chris Harper and Bostick.
B) Our running game is very good.
C) Jarrett Boykin showed he can ball.
D) Our defense is playing extremely well.
E) Josh McCown is playing QB for the Bears.
F) Josh Freeman is playing QB for the Vikings.

We'll be okay.

Thank you.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12242
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
Atari-XXX wrote:
Quote:
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde
McCarthy on James Jones: "They thought two, maybe three weeks (for him to be out.)" Missed game Sunday with knee injury.


Oh no.

So for the Vikes and Bears games, we are looking at:

Nelson
Boykin
White
Quarless

as the top 4 receiving options?

Gulp.

A) Don't forget Chris Harper and Bostick.
B) Our running game is very good.
C) Jarrett Boykin showed he can ball.
D) Our defense is playing extremely well.
E) Josh McCown is playing QB for the Bears.
F) Josh Freeman is playing QB for the Vikings.

We'll be okay.


I expect us to go at worst 4-1 over these next 5 games. I'm not too worried. It was more of a comparison to the start of the year.

Nelson
Jones
Cobb
Finley

See what I mean?
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phillipraz


Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 2778
Location: Phoenix, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside of the TE position, who the heck is gonna be out 3rd receiver sun? white?
_________________

^ Peppers90

Twitter: fill3up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13855
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillipraz wrote:
outside of the TE position, who the heck is gonna be out 3rd receiver sun? white?


Hope like hell Jones can play in this one, no doubt. If not, good chance they will do much of the same they did this past game with Bostick in Finley's fill.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phillipraz


Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 2778
Location: Phoenix, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
outside of the TE position, who the heck is gonna be out 3rd receiver sun? white?


Hope like hell Jones can play in this one, no doubt. If not, good chance they will do much of the same they did this past game with Bostick in Finley's fill.


palmy is bostick the best receiving TE we got outside finley?
_________________

^ Peppers90

Twitter: fill3up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13855
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillipraz wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
outside of the TE position, who the heck is gonna be out 3rd receiver sun? white?


Hope like hell Jones can play in this one, no doubt. If not, good chance they will do much of the same they did this past game with Bostick in Finley's fill.


palmy is bostick the best receiving TE we got outside finley?


I have not seen enough of him to say that yet. But he is the one with high bar movement skills. Stones and Q are both fast and can catch the rock. But both are also a bit more straight line than a Bostick. Bostick moves like a big WR. Stones and Q move like smaller TE's. Know what I mean?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phillipraz


Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 2778
Location: Phoenix, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
outside of the TE position, who the heck is gonna be out 3rd receiver sun? white?


Hope like hell Jones can play in this one, no doubt. If not, good chance they will do much of the same they did this past game with Bostick in Finley's fill.


palmy is bostick the best receiving TE we got outside finley?


I have not seen enough of him to say that yet. But he is the one with high bar movement skills. Stones and Q are both fast and can catch the rock. But both are also a bit more straight line than a Bostick. Bostick moves like a big WR. Stones and Q move like smaller TE's. Know what I mean?


absolutely. would love to see bostick have a big game
_________________

^ Peppers90

Twitter: fill3up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10319
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throwing this out there, mostly just for a chuckle, but...

Didn't Sam Shields play WR 2-3 years in college? IIRC that's why he was so raw he ended up a UDFA.

In a pinch, I wonder how far down the emergency depth chart would he be at this point?
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12242
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Just throwing this out there, mostly just for a chuckle, but...

Didn't Sam Shields play WR 2-3 years in college? IIRC that's why he was so raw he ended up a UDFA.

In a pinch, I wonder how far down the emergency depth chart would he be at this point?


inb4 Nelson tweaks a hammy again, since he has been the most injury prone WR the last 2 years.

I don't even want to think about this team without Nelson, Jones, Cobb, and Finley. Laughing Sad

That's like taking away Julio, White, Douglas, and Gonzo
or Cruz, Randle, Nicks and ... Myers?
or Demaryius, welker, Decker, and julius thomas Laughing
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyers0909


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 8168
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9849822/nfl-trade-proposal-arizona-cardinals-wide-receiver-larry-fitzgerald-green-bay-packers

Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________

^^^ Rammy on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12242
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9849822/nfl-trade-proposal-arizona-cardinals-wide-receiver-larry-fitzgerald-green-bay-packers

Laughing Laughing Laughing


Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't even need to discuss how ludicrous this is
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10319
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9849822/nfl-trade-proposal-arizona-cardinals-wide-receiver-larry-fitzgerald-green-bay-packers

Laughing Laughing Laughing


Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't even need to discuss how ludicrous this is


Why in the world would the Packers even consider that trade? Fitzgerald for draft picks and a DL with an expiring contract maybe? Sure. Unlikely but it could make sense depending on the actual pieces/numbers. For Nelson and Franklin? That's just redikulas.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13660
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9849822/nfl-trade-proposal-arizona-cardinals-wide-receiver-larry-fitzgerald-green-bay-packers

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Oh wow... That's laughably bad. Fitz may be on the decline and costs way more then Nelson. Then we also give up a 2nd and Franklin? I wouldn't trade Nelson for Fitz straight up. Terrible trade idea is terrible. Typical ESPN garbage.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12242
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9849822/nfl-trade-proposal-arizona-cardinals-wide-receiver-larry-fitzgerald-green-bay-packers

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Oh wow... That's laughably bad. Fitz may be on the decline and costs way more then Nelson. Then we also give up a 2nd and Franklin? I wouldn't trade Nelson for Fitz straight up. Terrible trade idea is terrible. Typical ESPN garbage.


I wouldn't either. Considering contracts of course. If we could have Fitz for the same price as a Nelson extension would cost, then you would be an idiot not to. But giving up Nelson, a second, our rookie rb with promise, for that contract, Laughing
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheBitzMan


Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 327
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently ESPN lives in 2009. that trade is a joke.


I just read all of them. 3 of them are just ridiculous then they throw in MJD to the Pats for a 6th, which isn't a crazy trade like the rest, but they act like it would change the world. Von Miller to Cowboys? AP to Giants? Who allows this stuff to be put on ESPN. I am mad at myself for even giving them clicks.
_________________
In Rodgers We Trust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group