Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 Game Ball?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Player of the game?
Colin Kaepernick
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Frank Gore
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Anquan Boldin
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Justin Smith
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Tramaine Brock
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to give it to Kaep. He did his job and is looking better as the weeks goes by.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
kaep for me, he was actually going through his progressions. that pass to bruce early on (I think it was his second throw) really showed me a lot, bruce was his third read I believe. started to look right and then came back to the left and found the open guy. that was something he wasnt doing in previous weeks. Lets hope he keeps it up, because if he gets that part of his game down he will be impossible to stop. Lots of good audibles as well and obviously it was great to see him run around today.

I dont think anyone had a bad game. except the barbie dahl. what a pathetic attempt at a tackle on that johnson catch. hes the worst. I never want to see him in at S again. hes horrendous. please please please cut this scrub!

He definitely took a bad attempt on Johnson (so did half the defense, but I assume you don't want to cut all of them?), but he was also responsible for saving a touchdown on a late kick return. Nobody wants to see him at safety, as that means both Reid and Whitner went down since he's the 4th safety, but again - we don't need to and SHOULDN'T cut one our better special teams players. The whole unit's playing well, and we don't need to mess with that.

We have some really bizarre misconceptions of players on this team as a forum. To me, this is just a few steps below the 'Andy Lee is having a bad season' thing, considering it's the only bad play Dahl has had all season. But I guess when people have their minds made up, it's made up.

I see that all the time in the GDT. I sometimes visit multiple forums GDT's and this is the only place i see it. I dunno, it doesn't seem to me that he's having a bad year, but its not like i'm paying close attention to it.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave it to Gore. But yea Kaep has been looking better. Maybe not yet the explosive/dynamic QB we all expected this season but it seems like he is getting his confidence back. I feel like those first few weeks took away his ability to run which while not his only weapon it opens up so much more.

And I think he gets even better after the bye. Mario will be back so he won't have to trust only Boldin on the outside.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given a "fill in the blank," I'd definitely go with special teams. They did an outstanding job all game pretty much.

For the poll, due to the choices, I went with Boldin. It was a hard choice because it seemed like nearly everyone played a decent-to-good game. Yes, Kaepernick is looking better, but my standards are much higher for the most important position on the field. That's not a knock on him at all. But, for a game ball, I have to think back on the game and think of plays that just stood out as not only amazing, but at crucial points in the game. That, for me, was Boldin. He made ridiculous catches that even Larry Fitzgerald would have to say, "dang, that's a nice catch." And, some of them came on 3rd downs. I hate to use a stat like ypc against Gore. He was a trooper the whole game, and I know the Titans have a good defense, but it just wasn't game ball worthy to me.

The fact that it was so hard to pick is a good thing, in my opinion. It really felt like we were clicking, despite playing a good defense and being in hostile territory. That's what good teams do. Fourth straight game with 30+ points? What offense problem? :p

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
kaep for me, he was actually going through his progressions. that pass to bruce early on (I think it was his second throw) really showed me a lot, bruce was his third read I believe. started to look right and then came back to the left and found the open guy. that was something he wasnt doing in previous weeks. Lets hope he keeps it up, because if he gets that part of his game down he will be impossible to stop. Lots of good audibles as well and obviously it was great to see him run around today.

I dont think anyone had a bad game. except the barbie dahl. what a pathetic attempt at a tackle on that johnson catch. hes the worst. I never want to see him in at S again. hes horrendous. please please please cut this scrub!

He definitely took a bad attempt on Johnson (so did half the defense, but I assume you don't want to cut all of them?), but he was also responsible for saving a touchdown on a late kick return. Nobody wants to see him at safety, as that means both Reid and Whitner went down since he's the 4th safety, but again - we don't need to and SHOULDN'T cut one our better special teams players. The whole unit's playing well, and we don't need to mess with that.

We have some really bizarre misconceptions of players on this team as a forum. To me, this is just a few steps below the 'Andy Lee is having a bad season' thing, considering it's the only bad play Dahl has had all season. But I guess when people have their minds made up, it's made up.

the bolded is simply not true. the marshawn lynch big catch was 100% his fault. he jumped the underneath stuff and didnt see lynch running the wheel route into his zone. whitner did, which is why it wasnt a touchdown. but honestly that was a terrible play from a guy who is supposed to be a veteran. those are like the only 2 plays he has had at S this entire season and he screwed both of them up.

my opinion of him as a S is mostly based off what I have seen from him while he was on the rams. he was really terrible and rams fans couldnt wait to get him off the team.

If he was a rookie, or a guy with no starting experience, I would cut him some slack because you are right he has played decently well on special teams. but considering his past history and what I have seen from him this season, I have no reason to believe he will ever contribute in a positive way on defense. I would rather draft a young S to groom and have guys who can actually contribute on defense when their number is called

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah.. Kaep had a 99.0 QBR

Nearly a perfect game

Williamson goes a little in depth of his game

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/1773/inside-kaepernicks-big-total-qbr-game
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a huge fan of the QBR system on ESPN, but I stated earlier his final stats don't do him any justice. He was flat out great up until the point where we started to play conservative. Now, the INT was terrible but that play technically didn't count. Kaepernick basically did whatever the hell he wanted to for nearly three quarter. The offense scored on the first four of the five possessions and Kaepernick had some big 3rd down conversions. If the game was tighter, his numbers would have looked much better.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
I would rather draft a young S to groom and have guys who can actually contribute on defense when their number is called

I'm only going to work with this, because I don't want to spend my time arguing about the intricacies of Craig Dahl's work with the team. I quoted this, because I agree - I'd rather someone younger and do hope we draft a young safety to replace him in both the defensive depth and special teams rosters. That's for the draft, though.

Going all nuts and wanting to "cut this scrub" is unproductive, because there's nobody available who's going to be any better, and the team is certainly going to be even worse off if Ventrone were put in on defense, and giving up one touchdown in garbage time while overrunning the play (in the exact same manner that Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman each did on the same play with the exception being Bowman was the only one of the 3 not being blocked) is no reason to call for the guy's head. It's just showing this preconceived bias you admittedly had formed before he even played here.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: