Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

will the coaches keep adjusting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: will the coaches keep adjusting Reply with quote

This game vs Ravens was a pleasant surprise . I never thought this tomlin staff would finally settle on a RB and decide to force the issue with the run. There were the wrinkles like the wild cat as well as the extra OL, so they are making adjustments and there are results from them.

Will they keep making good adjustments or go back to old ways? I can't see them going back to rb by committee, do you?

Will they finally settle on Bell as the feature RB and run the ball and control the clock and game? The RB by committee is a waste, Bell is the RB and get him as many carries as he can handle. Ben, forget about no huddle and passing all the time - Bell will be the reason this team can advance. The OL of course gets credit here as well, and lets hope they continue to improve.

Will LeBeau also make changes and get pressure and turnovers. Only turnovers are from a rookie qb, and that isn't acceptable. This is the area that bothers me more than anything currently. Carter should get a shot because worilds hasn't made enough plays. The DL isn't getting the pass rush, time to make adjustments with either personnel and scheme. I think Thomas needs to get out there more often, will LeBeau vouch for Thomas to replace Clark? I doubt it, more like LeBeau is the reason that Clark is still starting.

ST - kick offs should always go out of the endzone, but the rest of ST seems to be quite good. Suisham has been perfect on FG's, what more can anyone ask for there.

This team might make a run if improvements are made. I still think the talent is mostly there, and still criticize the coaches for the current record more than anything.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like they wanted a RB committee. They were forced into seeing who would out-suck each other until Bell got healthy.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the plan was always to have Bell be 'the man'. that wasn't in question. He showed that he can be the man. I do like that we rotated Jones and Dwyer in to keep Bell fresh and his legs good. Don't want Bell "running til the wheels come off' like Willie Parker.

I must say, after my criticism of Tomlin's personnel decisions, he is making some solid moves lately.

1. Making Heyward "the starter to ensure he gets his snaps" - it is paying off quite a bit. The run defense has been noticeably more solid

2. 2-TE sets to help with pass pro. Seeing it more, I think the Vikings game was a lesson. Beachum works well with a guy by his side and we did a nice job minimizing Suggs' 1v1 time with Beachum

3. "Thomas Shamarko" (Fouts is such a dolt) getting more PT (although much is a result of the nickel)
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
the plan was always to have Bell be 'the man'. that wasn't in question. He showed that he can be the man. I do like that we rotated Jones and Dwyer in to keep Bell fresh and his legs good. Don't want Bell "running til the wheels come off' like Willie Parker.

I must say, after my criticism of Tomlin's personnel decisions, he is making some solid moves lately.

1. Making Heyward "the starter to ensure he gets his snaps" - it is paying off quite a bit. The run defense has been noticeably more solid

2. 2-TE sets to help with pass pro. Seeing it more, I think the Vikings game was a lesson. Beachum works well with a guy by his side and we did a nice job minimizing Suggs' 1v1 time with Beachum

3. "Thomas Shamarko" (Fouts is such a dolt) getting more PT (although much is a result of the nickel)

If they have a similar game plan and just get better each week, the O can be good , as in 140 yards a game on the ground and higher TOP. My problem is with Lebeau and how he got conservative and the ravens just walked down the field and got back into it. Why does he do this? PLayers can only be blamed so much, and Lebeau gets blame here. Keth, if you watch the 2-2 on that drive, let us know what the D playcalling was.

Thomas should start at FS
Heyward should be in full time
They learned from the vikes game, but Adams is still the last OL on the field, but also the best runblocker. I think Bell would like DD/Adams but if wimper plays well, that is good enough.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: