Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans ranked 31st in NFL popularity: Harris Poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoundScan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Titans ranked 31st in NFL popularity: Harris Poll Reply with quote

For all of us wondering why the Titans get no love from the media, this is probably a big reason: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2013/10/16/Research-and-Ratings/Harris-Poll.aspx

Ranked 31st out of 32 teams. Jags are last (surprise!). Peak on the rankings was in 2009 at 9th.

~S
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised no matter where we draft or who we play almost ever no one gives a crap about us. Thats fine with me i just wish i got to see a game or 2 more on Prime Time but i get why where not on alot. But when we finally win it all when im 70 almost dad wont remember it after we win its gonna be so sweet an it will be all worth it

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
SoundScan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit of a vicious cycle. The Titans get little coverage in the major media because they're unpopular, but they're unpopular likely because they receive so little coverage. The only way to improve is to win.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Not surprised no matter where we draft or who we play almost ever no one gives a crap about us. Thats fine with me i just wish i got to see a game or 2 more on Prime Time but i get why where not on alot. But when we finally win it all when im 70 almost dad wont remember it after we win its gonna be so sweet an it will be all worth it

Just one time before I go, I want to stand in downtown nashville on a cold February morning and watch the Lombardi ride by on a float. I will die a happy man. Drool Pray

Even then I bet the media will make excuses for the other team's loss in the SB to the Titans. "the other team's beds were lumpy in the team hotel the night before the game". "the starting QB on the opposing team got turf toe in walk thrus on that Friday". " Rolling Eyes Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
powderblues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, winning solves everything, especially a ring.

Look at the Saints, they jumped from 28th in 1998 to 5th in 2010 lol.

I wonder why. Laughing

That wagon got full quick.
ironlion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I was watching AFC playbook tonight. While I was waiting for the titans breakdown the show went to commercial break. They said after the break we will be covering the 49ers run game. I laughed

So the whole afc titans game on playbook was dedicated to San Fran. San Fran is basically playing San Fran this weekend.

Truthfully this isn't a surprise. Nashville is one of the smallest markets in the NFL. Every few years the networks and the leagues have to strike coverage deals. The only topic is how do we generate the most money per year to sell the networks, and how much can the networks charge advertisers based on the size of the viewers. Believe me, and it sucks, the nfl is a business run for profit. Not for some love of the game. So when the nfl sells the networks teams like Tennessee and Jacksonville get pushed to the very bottom. All because your market share can't compete with say NY for coverage. It's also why all the talking heads cover is big market teams. It's no surprise, just really good business.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:
Lol I was watching AFC playbook tonight. While I was waiting for the titans breakdown the show went to commercial break. They said after the break we will be covering the 49ers run game. I laughed

So the whole afc titans game on playbook was dedicated to San Fran. San Fran is basically playing San Fran this weekend.

Truthfully this isn't a surprise. Nashville is one of the smallest markets in the NFL. Every few years the networks and the leagues have to strike coverage deals. The only topic is how do we generate the most money per year to sell the networks, and how much can the networks charge advertisers based on the size of the viewers. Believe me, and it sucks, the nfl is a business run for profit. Not for some love of the game. So when the nfl sells the networks teams like Tennessee and Jacksonville get pushed to the very bottom. All because your market share can't compete with say NY for coverage. It's also why all the talking heads cover is big market teams. It's no surprise, just really good business.

Yeah, its really funny...

Every article you read is usually about our opposition and what the opposition needs to do to win the game..

But we basically have no chance
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:

I don't know why, but I watched the video on nfl.com. First a segment about how great the 49ers run game is and then about how great Eric Reid is.

Can't even do one story about both teams? Rolling Eyes

And once again all 3 playbook guys picked against us, but they've been doing that all year so clearly they are clueless.
NJTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey at least we're ahead of the Jags Very Happy
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Adams just died and ESPN hs yet to break it, even on twitter. If it was the Patriots, Giants, or any other big market team, it would be everywhere.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: