Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you think Jerel Worthy plays this season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
British

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:

Long story short, I would expect the 3 of them to maybe go from about a collective 14 a year to maybe 16 per year if we resign all 3. Franchise tag for a DT was only 8.45 last year.

Won't Raji argue (successfully) he should get the DE franchise tag amount?

That's $11.2 million.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
Oh wow, I forgot about that suspension. I just sorta assumed it at the time. That was not a natural looking body in any way. I think he's honestly better for it injury wise either way.

No doubt about that. Man was too tight and had a ton of meat on that small frame, for sure.

I do feel it was a good move for Neal. Some might say it took away the "special" in him. But he might just mold into a much better all around player now and one you can count on to be up on gameday as well.

I probably should not have made that post. But I have been asked about Neal a ton of late and I truly do feel that's what played out there.

Why? No point in denying that it happens and living in a fantasy world. We are in a weird middle area in sports right now where we are rejecting science and will probably be looked at as foolish in 20 years by future generations for demonizing it so much.

I get that and agree with you for the most part. Post like that can just put me in a bad spot. Reason why I don't talk trash on prospects as well. About as far as I ever go on here is to say they are "just not for me" or something of the like.

People/fans are crazy man. Odd things get thrown in my face. My job is to find out what players are. What is done with that information is anything but in my control. My personal likes/dislikes matters not in my job.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Worthy playing a big role in taking over for pickett next year. I like him more in that role than Raji.
Mazrimiv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Worthy eat space the way Pickett does? Generally speaking, Worthy was better vs the run than last year than I expected, but I never saw him as someone who would consistently stand his ground vs double teams. Isn't that exactly what Pickett does for this defense?
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazrimiv wrote:
Does Worthy eat space the way Pickett does? Generally speaking, Worthy was better vs the run than last year than I expected, but I never saw him as someone who would consistently stand his ground vs double teams. Isn't that exactly what Pickett does for this defense?

I see him adding like 30 pounds and If I'm not mistaken he played around that weight in college
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
Mazrimiv wrote:

I see him adding like 30 pounds and If I'm not mistaken he played around that weight in college

Yeah, that staff said he got into the 320's a few times.

Now, Pickett has been playing the 1-tech and I don't see Worthy there and time soon. But I think some need to look at Pickett's path before they say Worthy can't be that guy at base end. Sure as hell is not going to happen over night. I mean, Pickett is as stout as they come. Sure as hell did not come that way out of OSU though. I don't see a old Pickett there. But maybe something in the middle of a young and old Pickett.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
Mazrimiv wrote:

Now, Pickett has been playing the 1-tech and I don't see Worthy there and time soon. But I think some need to look at Pickett's path before they say Worthy can't be that guy at base end. Sure as hell is not going to happen over night. I mean, Pickett is as stout as they come. Sure as hell did not come that way out of OSU though. I don't see a old Pickett there. But maybe something in the middle of a young and old Pickett.

But those guys... Do you ever see them get old? Like Fat Pat in Mn, he played fine til he didn't play fine. I can't even tell you when it happened, but it did, like a switch turned.

That's why if I were a GM I'd let the contract ride out and wish him well. Just never want to be the last guy holding on, while letting young talent go.
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
Mazrimiv wrote:

But those guys... Do you ever see them get old? Like Fat Pat in Mn, he played fine til he didn't play fine. I can't even tell you when it happened, but it did, like a switch turned.

That's why if I were a GM I'd let the contract ride out and wish him well. Just never want to be the last guy holding on, while letting young talent go.

I agree that most would rather give away a vet player a year too early than a year to late. I mean, all players will get fired if they play long enough. That's the the facts of life in the NFL. Pickett is 34 though. As long as they keep him at the 1-tech, it would not shock me if he has three or four more good years in that body. I understand giving away a year. But giving away three or four years of good service is a different story. Not saying they "need" to sign him. I'm saying they should "try" to sign him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it's the contract that dictates. Right now, it's the end of the contract, so I don't know if a guy like Pickett would take anything less that 3 years.

I watch the guy and the last 2 years, IMO, he's played his best ball. I know that position has longevity to it, but after 35 it seems those dice are weighed against the player. I just don't know about throwing them with the money he is going to expect (and very well might be worth).

Based solely off his play I'm thinking 7 mil a yr isn't bad coin. If a person could get it over 2 it might not be a bad investment of cap dollars. But you know he can get the 3 year contract. FA is such stupid money. Of course I've been wrong about that market before.

If it could be structured like Cliffy's last one...
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel ya. LIS, Raji is the one I make sure I get done. Think I would let both Jolly and Pickett play the market and hope for the best. Both could see good bank and walk. But there is also good reason to feel both could be had on the cheap in Green Bay for much different reasons. Clearly Jolly will be seen as high risk and though Pickett is still putting good tape out the Packers know that old body much better than others do.

In short, both might hold more value to the Packers than others. Good chance they will let the Packers match also. Why not let the other teams set their paycheck. Sure worked out with James Jones!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I feel ya. LIS, Raji is the one I make sure I get done. Think I would let both Jolly and Pickett play the market and hope for the best. Both could see good bank and walk. But there is also good reason to feel both could be had on the cheap in Green Bay for much different reasons. Clearly Jolly will be seen as high risk and though Pickett is still putting good tape out the Packers know that old body much better than others do.

In short, both might hold more value to the Packers than others. Good chance they will let the Packers match also. Why not let the other teams set their paycheck. Sure worked out with James Jones!

Raji takes plays off simple as that. On a couple of the nice runs Cleveland had yesterday I watched Raji on the replay exclusively and has was always out of position and being pushed out of the play. It appeared to me that he wasn't working hard enough to keep his position. I think its 50/50 that the Packers offer him big bucks.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a reliable weight for Pickett? Multiple sites say 340. I'm not sure I believe that.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Raji takes plays off simple as that. On a couple of the nice runs Cleveland had yesterday I watched Raji on the replay exclusively and has was always out of position and being pushed out of the play. It appeared to me that he wasn't working hard enough to keep his position. I think its 50/50 that the Packers offer him big bucks.

All DL take plays off.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Does anyone have a reliable weight for Pickett? Multiple sites say 340. I'm not sure I believe that.

I think that weight is much closer to accurate than it has been in the past. Clearly cut a few off around the middle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: